MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

New Album Means New Tour

15 hours ago, Vinny said:

i think bringing back or finding a new GOOD musical director is the key here

i loved the music inferno re-invention

i thought the like a virgin and material girl ones in the RHT completely nailed what reinventing old classics should be about (eh... okay, i was not crazy about the heartbeat samples, but i did like the erotica ones during LAV): updating them and keeping them fresh but faithful and respectful to the originals

however, with that being said, i also loved the like a prayer and vogue ones for S&S and they had NOTHING from the original arrangements there, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idk

bring back stuart price or hire offer nissim as the musical director

Yeah well, some on here hated Stuart's work on RIT (not me)while orgasming over the awful musical direction she's had since '08.

I'd like her to go for someone completely new. Actually I'd like her to change up her entire creative team, but she's slipped into this comfortable bubble and there's no one there to suggest anything new it seems.

I liked Like a Virgin (and it was actually the work of a fan made remix lest we forget) but thought Material Girl was a bore.

Offer Nissim can stick to soundcloud where he belongs!

10 hours ago, Kim said:

Yeah well, some on here hated Stuart's work on RIT (not me)while orgasming over the awful musical direction she's had since '08.

I'd like her to go for someone completely new. Actually I'd like her to change up her entire creative team, but she's slipped into this comfortable bubble and there's no one there to suggest anything new it seems.

I liked Like a Virgin (and it was actually the work of a fan made remix lest we forget) but thought Material Girl was a bore.

I agree about LAV and Material girl. What did you think of Burning up?

On 6/30/2018 at 1:33 AM, Kim said:

What the fuck? Did they really? :lmao:

Some people...I swear to God. I mean one has to only listen to these awful studio version from her last three tours to know who the superior musical director was.

On 6/30/2018 at 12:30 PM, Bat-Fan said:

I agree about LAV and Material girl. What did you think of Burning up?

Burning Up from RIT with REAL INSTRUMENTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burning Up from RHT with all the synthetic drum beats.

I NEED a comeback of these songs:

Sorry

Hollywood

Die Another Day

4 Minutes

Don't Tell Me

Beautiful Stranger

Everybody

Express Yourself

Papa Don't Preach (she did it on MDNA but that was just a few seconds. Maybe she doesnt like the lyrics. Who knows)

Posted (edited)

For the next tour, I want Michel Laprise to work with her again. 

Edited by Marcelox

A live band would be great .. would also like to see Live to Tell make a comeback.  More focus on some 90s hits would be fantastic too, like Rain, Secret, Ray of Light, Beautiful Stranger. Bad Girl would be great, but I'm not sure we'll see that in a setlist ever unfortunately.

Oh, and I loved 'Who's That Girl' in RHT (wish she hadn't dropped it early on) .. would be great to see a new version of that as well.

I'd like some "Omar, gimmie some kick baby"!!!

Live band.....all the way!!!

This means nothing. All the articles only state the obvious... thats shes not touring in August. She hasnt even released the album yet so this isnt really anything we didnt know.

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

Already discussed in the forum. #FakeNews

2 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

It’s a non-story barely saying anything. Nobody here is expecting her to go on tour until at least next year.

She won't be touring till Summer 2019 so relax...

The rumors always said she's looking for arenas on summer 2019, so these news are fake

3 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

The rumors always said she's looking for arenas on summer 2019, so these news are fake

Yes the tour is rumored to be starting in Australia in April/May 2019 before going to Asia, North America & finishing in Europe in September/October. 

Are we sure she is touring this album? Didn't she say she was over arena shows and wanted to slow down and do some smaller intimate events?

13 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Are we sure she is touring this album? Didn't she say she was over arena shows and wanted to slow down and do some smaller intimate events?

We are not 100% sure No but News of Madonna (who have been very reliable in the past) have said she will be touring Arenas in 2019 & will be in France in either September/October next year. Also Madonna hinted at touring in 2019 herself on Instagram a few months ago. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:02 AM, Bat-Fan said:

I can't see her handing her touring crown over just yet, since Tina and Cher toured til they were 70 or so, but maybe I am wrong

6 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I can't see her handing her touring crown over just yet, since Tina and Cher toured til they were 70 or so, but maybe I am wrong

She doesn't have any contractual obligation to tour anymore.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, rebelheart said:

Yes the tour is rumored to be starting in Australia in April/May 2019 before going to Asia, North America & finishing in Europe in September/October. 

Ive accepted the fact she'll probably not be coming back to Australia.

Europe, Asia and South America focused tour this time please. Only a few gigs in the USA and Canada and no Oz - they had their chance with RHT and they blew it.

8 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

She doesn't have any contractual obligation to tour anymore.

I think she would probably be Ok with never touring again, but now that she has the record, I think she wants to keep it

I think she may be true to her word when she said she would return to OZ in 2019 but I think she will only play Sydney & Melbourne, maybe Perth as well since she has never been there!

the numbers were good for Sydney & melbourne so I hope she comes back & we got tears of a clown 

I doubt she will return to OZ , her reputation is pretty much in the vaults after the bad press over the “drunk” and late concerts. Even RHT didnt do well , had she gone with mdna or sticky she would have made 3 times the money

If she would promote in Australia then shed be fine. Australia always responds to promo everytime someone goes on their television shows. Of course she wont.

She could perfoming in Africa in Soccer City Stadium.

Australia could be 1 show in Sydney and Melbourne (maybe Perth) in stadium

She wouldn't come to Australia for 1 stadium show, it would have to be for 4-6 Arena shows to make a profit!

She skipped South America for RHT so she will go back there. Oz will be skipped this time. 

Anyway, not a great time for tours at the moment.. lots of artists cancelling / shortening tours. I have a feeling they won't rush into planning a large itinerary this time.

50 minutes ago, Suedey said:

She skipped South America for RHT so she will go back there. Oz will be skipped this time. 

Anyway, not a great time for tours at the moment.. lots of artists cancelling / shortening tours. I have a feeling they won't rush into planning a large itinerary this time.

Brazil is in Election year right now and the economy is still struggling. If they make it to SA i only expect to finish the tour there as an afterthought depending how the economy does next year.

(obviously Brazil is the biggest market in SA)

Also I agree that the tour market is saturated