Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

New Album Means New Tour

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kim said:

I cannot wrap my head around people not wanting traditional arrangements of her songs, with LIVE band realness of course (not MDNA/RH press play on the adobe file nonsense) It would be EPIC to have the band riffing away with extended dance breaks etc. But naw lets have a waltz version of Revolver instead.

Because those are the people that care about Revoler getting to No. 1 and Madonna having higher streaming numbers than Beyonce or Gaga. They  are not fans of Madonna's music or artistry. It's some weird mud slinging diva thing. Bizarre. We went through this in the '90s and early '00s and now we're going through it again. Nothing we haven't seen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The  ballad version of Deeper and Deeper was flawless wow she did THAT.

I'm fine with Madonna slowing down or speeding up her songs but not ALL of them.  

Like Imagine a slowed down version of Burning Up instead of Candy Shop for the MDNE Tour...where's my wig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Routa said:

Nor can I understand that point. 🙂 We just see things differently. But yeah I definately agree on the band part. Live band would be great! 🙂 But yeah to me the sonical difference with original arrangaments 80's stuff with new stuff wouldbe way too big. They are just way too dated. But again, they shouldn't be too different. Unless it serves a purpose (like the LAV walz). But Im sure there's room for many views. 🙂

The whole point of puting on a live show used to be that you are hearing those new album songs translated for a live audience with a live band, you weren't getting just a CD of album instrumentals being played like we get now for her new stuff. I'd love to have heard a live rendition of ICONIC for example, no it wouldn't have sounded exactly like the album, and it doesn't have to - and it would have fitted in just fine with older stuff. Conversely, the 2015 version of Holiday with it's sample-led makeover is the most dated it has ever sounded. That's where a talented musical director comes into play though....

And me giving my view does not negate anyone else's obviously, it's part of the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

Like Imagine a slowed down version of Burning Up

Don't need to imagine, that's what we GOT for RHT :bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kim said:

I cannot wrap my head around people not wanting traditional arrangements of her songs, with LIVE band realness of course (not MDNA/RH press play on the adobe file nonsense) It would be EPIC to have the band riffing away with extended dance breaks etc. But naw lets have a waltz version of Revolver instead.

The whole she HAS TO re-invent her songs is beyond tired. If anything MOST of her classics are underperformed. Those electronic mash ups are the worst.

A full on band would b MAGIC.

PREACH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kim said:

But naw lets have a waltz version of Revolver instead.

The fact that Revolver got a live treatment, of all songs :manson:

And yes, I’d pay double or triple of what I used to for proper live arrangements of the original recordings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Agreed, she could do more shows in Japan & visit South Korea but she wouldn't be allowed to play in Indonesia, Malaysia & China. Remember she had to even censor her show in Singapore. 

And she could do more shows in Australia, like Perth and Adelaide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

And she could do more shows in Australia, like Perth and Adelaide

She should do Perth for sure as she has never been!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rebelheart said:

She should do Perth for sure as she has never been!

Brisbane in Rebel Heart Tour was weak, i don't know why...if she returns in Australia, i think it will skip this city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Brisbane in Rebel Heart Tour was weak, i don't know why...if she returns in Australia, i think it will skip this city

Yep, if she returns she will probably only do Sydney & Melbourne, but if she chooses a 3rd city again it will be Perth for sure as she's never been & also because it is further away from the east coast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

Revolver is bae bye

I'm glad I got to see that song live

Same here. When she performed it at Yankee Stadium in NYC the crowd went nuts when she introduced it in her robot voice saying  “Wuzzzzzzup NYC if I caaaaan make it here I caaaan make it anywherrrrrrrre!” 🤖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Magician said:

Same here. When she performed it at Yankee Stadium in NYC the crowd went nuts when she introduced it in her robot voice saying  “Wuzzzzzzup NYC if I caaaaan make it here I caaaan make it anywherrrrrrrre!” 🤖

In all fairness though, the crowd would have gone nuts if Hey You was the second song with her talking 2 the crowd 4 the very first time that evening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japan deserves more shows of Madonna. If she do 1 show in each dome around the country (Tokyo Dome, Osaka Dome, Fukuoka Dome, Sapporo Dome, Nagoya Dome) would be inbcredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 6:21 AM, Lolo said:

I get your point but that’s basically what she always did anyway. Her catalogue songs have always been reinvented later on. It actually would be more surprising and ‚refreshing‘ in a way to hear them in their original glory one last time. 

At least give us OYH baseline epicness! 

I personally like something in the middle. Updated somewhat, not exactly the same as the album version, but not totally reinvented to make it unrecognizable. Songs such as LAV and Material Girl on RHT are examples of that middle ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she plays it too safe then we would never get anything amazing such as Music Inferno, Erotic Candy Shop, LAV Confessions, etc.  I felt like the reinventions for RHT were subpar compared to those on MDNA, even with the same music director.  So maybe a few dramatic reinventions, but others close to the original.

The weird thing is, the newer albums are so divisive, yet no one agrees on the what the best/worst songs are!  I want the newer songs included, but maybe no more than 3-4 perhaps.  I just think how irritated I would be if I went to a U2 concert or something and they played mostly new material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No she has to play at least 6 new songs from the new album, more like 10 would be better especially if it's a really good album. A Mix of 10 New Songs + say 12 old songs would be a good mix, just no more songs like CS please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

If she plays it too safe then we would never get anything amazing such as Music Inferno, Erotic Candy Shop, LAV Confessions, etc.  I felt like the reinventions for RHT were subpar compared to those on MDNA, even with the same music director.  So maybe a few dramatic reinventions, but others close to the original.

The weird thing is, the newer albums are so divisive, yet no one agrees on the what the best/worst songs are!  I want the newer songs included, but maybe no more than 3-4 perhaps.  I just think how irritated I would be if I went to a U2 concert or something and they played mostly new material. 

If she only did 3 new songs, she would be repeating too many of the same songs, and each tour would be too much the same. 

You would be irritated if you only went to a U2 show once and they didn't do all their hits. But what if you went to them on every tour, you would be bored hearing the same songs over and over again. Actually on their current tour, they are doing a lot of lesser known songs to fight against the boredom factor since they tour a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense, but Madonna has so many hits that she could tour indefinitely and rarely repeat herself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I DO like how she started varying the setlist on the RH tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 3:25 AM, rocknrolla said:

I DO like how she started varying the setlist on the RH tour

I don't. Nor do I like the recent phenomenon of cutting stuff out from date to date. You used to know when you went to see Madonna that you would get a full flawless show every single time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can people get bored or tired of seeing massive hit songs that are also timeless classics that are universally adored  ? Is Madonna's fan base the only fan base that complain about hits being played and don't want to hear her big hits on tour ? She still plays many new songs so her new material is not ignored and the major hits thrill the crowd and add to the atmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

How can people get bored or tired of seeing massive hit songs that are also timeless classics that are universally adored  ? Is Madonna's fan base the only fan base that complain about hits being played and don't want to hear her big hits on tour ? She still plays many new songs so her new material is not ignored and the major hits thrill the crowd and add to the atmosphere. 

I don't think people are complaining about how her setlists are now, with a mix of hits and newer songs. I am just saying I don't want her to change to how the set lists of a lot of older artist are where they do mostly the really big hits and only 3 new songs. In fact, if you go to forums dedicated to other older artists such as Duran Duran, many fans complain they do the same hits on every tour, and why can't they ocassionally do some more rare tracks.  As I said, a predominantly Hits tour appeals to causal fans who will only see an artist once, but what about super fans that go to every tour? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I don't think people are complaining about how her setlists are now, with a mix of hits and newer songs. I am just saying I don't want her to change to how the set lists of a lot of older artist are where they do mostly the really big hits and only 3 new songs. In fact, if you go to forums dedicated to other older artists such as Duran Duran, many fans complain they do the same hits on every tour, and why can't they ocassionally do some more rare tracks.  As I said, a predominantly Hits tour appeals to causal fans who will only see an artist once, but what about super fans that go to every tour? 

She needs to have both casual and hardcore fans coming to her show, only harcore will not fill these stadiums and arenas, she usually does 50/50 old and new but I would say 60/40 with more old song has to happen for her to sell tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kim said:

I don't. Nor do I like the recent phenomenon of cutting stuff out from date to date. You used to know when you went to see Madonna that you would get a full flawless show every single time.

I agree here.  It really takes away from the theatrical aspect of the show too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, Kim said:

I cannot wrap my head around people not wanting traditional arrangements of her songs, with LIVE band realness of course (not MDNA/RH press play on the adobe file nonsense) It would be EPIC to have the band riffing away with extended dance breaks etc. But naw lets have a waltz version of Revolver instead.

i think bringing back or finding a new GOOD musical director is the key here

i loved the music inferno re-invention

i thought the like a virgin and material girl ones in the RHT completely nailed what reinventing old classics should be about (eh... okay, i was not crazy about the heartbeat samples, but i did like the erotica ones during LAV): updating them and keeping them fresh but faithful and respectful to the originals

however, with that being said, i also loved the like a prayer and vogue ones for S&S and they had NOTHING from the original arrangements there, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idk

bring back stuart price or hire offer nissim as the musical director

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UnapologeticRebel said:

I agree here.  It really takes away from the theatrical aspect of the show too.

She shouldn't cut certain songs out, but I think it's okay to replace one song with another. The show should be the same length and number of songs on each date so people don't feel ripped off. But there are some songs that were bigger hits in certain countries that fans there expect to hear since as Crazy for You in the Philippines. Prior to Rebel Heart, I constantly read in forums that she should change the set list from night to night since she has so many hits. Now she has done that. 

As a fan changing the set list makes it more exciting to follow the tour online to find out what new songs she might do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna's dancer Kupono confirms 2019 tour in the comments section :

 

 "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Madonna's dancer Kupono confirms 2019 tour in the comments section :

 

 "

I love how you always come here posting news that someone else HERE has posted like 24hrs before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×