Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

New Album Means New Tour

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Vinny said:

Personally, I think it'd be smart of her to start in Asia where she was charging up to what? $1 - 2k a night, make a hell of production out of it including hits she hasn't performed in forever

Sorry to be the debbie downer, but we were willing to pay $1000 for RHT because it was the very first time she came to these Asian markets which generated a lot of hype. Many people wanted to see her just because it's "Madonna" so they paid a shit ton for this once in a lifetime experience.  The first shows of each city was swiftly sold out but many second shows took some time to sell. I have no doubt she will still do great in Asia with a reasonable price, but they will play themselves if the next tour costs as much as RHT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kim said:

Because she barely sold out 2 nights in a 20k London arena (a city with a population of 8 million people) but apparently she'll be able to sell out Bournemouth Bingo Hall at £1k a ticket (what with those "overheads" and all) Okey dokey.

People in London have had a chance to see her in every tour since 1987. People in Liverpool, for instance, have not, and not everyone who wants to see her can make travel plans from a different area to see her play in London in the middle of a work week. I did not say at all tickets should or would be priced at £1k anywhere in England.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

SERIOUS work needs to be put in to fix her career

I agree with that and I'm genuinely curious to know how you propose she/her team does that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, loowee said:

Sorry to be the debbie downer, but we were willing to pay $1000 for RHT because it was the very first time she came to these Asian markets which generated a lot of hype. Many people wanted to see her just because it's "Madonna" so they paid a shit ton for this once in a lifetime experience.  The first shows of each city was swiftly sold out but many second shows took some time to sell. I have no doubt she will still go great in Asia with a reasonable price, but they will play themselves if the next tour costs as much as RHT.  

No, it makes sense. I honestly imagined this was sorta the case. I know ticket prices tend to be a little higher in Asia for most acts, but not the insane amount they went for RHT.

Maybe if ticket prices were more accessible and she also went to South Korea and China she could somewhat repeat her success there. Do you think that could be the case?

I'm also interested to hear if anyone knows how/if she has any popularity in India, because that's another Asian country maybe she could visit on the next tour, alongside South Africa, which is a market that often goes unexplored (less so in the recent years).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vinny said:

No, it makes sense. I honestly imagined this was sorta the case. I know ticket prices tend to be a little higher in Asia for most acts, but not the insane amount they went for RHT.

Maybe if ticket prices were more accessible and she also went to South Korea and China she could somewhat repeat her success there. Do you think that could be the case?

I'm also interested to hear if anyone knows how/if she has any popularity in India, because that's another Asian country maybe she could visit on the next tour, alongside South Africa, which is a market that often goes unexplored (less so in the recent years).

China’s censorship is insanely strict especially in recent years so there’s no chance. She will easily sell out 2 areana shows in South Korea but nothing more. They don’t have a big international concert market there. 

 

Honestly if she just keeps her ego in check and give us a hits tour for ONCE then we wouldn’t be having this conversation here. Not only will she pull in big numbers, she’ll also rebuild her fan base and fix her touring reputation, which will in turn benefit her new music releases and future tours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the greatest hits tour talk makes zero sense to me, especially since she has a new album to promote

and thank God for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

the greatest hits tour talk makes zero sense to me, especially since she has a new album to promote

and thank God for that

edgy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vinny said:

People in London have had a chance to see her in every tour since 1987. People in Liverpool, for instance, have not, and not everyone who wants to see her can make travel plans from a different area to see her play in London in the middle of a work week. I did not say at all tickets should or would be priced at £1k anywhere in England.

I agree with that and I'm genuinely curious to know how you propose she/her team does that.

Exactly, that was my point precisely. In the same way that the USA is not the world, London is not the entirety of the UK. Plenty of fans would prefer to see her somewhere more local to them than to have to travel to London, book expensive hotels and take time off work. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cocolattee said:

the greatest hits tour talk makes zero sense to me, especially since she has a new album to promote

and thank God for that

It should make sense from the point of view that she plays Stadiums & Arenas, where the majority of the crowd

is NOT there 2 hear the NEW album. People wanna hear TIC, I think if she would do 10 proper CLASSICS out a possible

total of 20 songs, audiences would b satisfied, without it being called a greatest hits show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She has pretty much toured each album since Music and so each album has had its fair share of an airing. There is absolutely no reason why she cannot play lots of old hits and still do the new album justice. The Rebel Heart Tour setlist was pretty balanced in that respect but it was let down by the lazy musical arrangements. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cocolattee said:

the greatest hits tour talk makes zero sense to me, especially since she has a new album to promote

and thank God for that

It doesn't have to be called a Greatest Hits Tour. She can still play 7-8 songs from the new album and play at least 10 old classics and by classics I don't mean Candy fucking Shop. She can throw in a couple of her own favourites if she wishes as well, that's fine, but what keeps the ticket buying folk coming back is not going to be Candy Shop featuring a choir from Cape Verde. It will be a proper version of Like A Prayer or Vogue or Holiday. And don't you forget it sister. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Suedy said:

It doesn't have to be called a Greatest Hits Tour. She can still play 7-8 songs from the new album and play at least 10 old classics and by classics I don't mean Candy fucking Shop. She can throw in a couple of her own favourites if she wishes as well, that's fine, but what keeps the ticket buying folk coming back is not going to be Candy Shop featuring a choir from Cape Verde. It will be a proper version of Like A Prayer or Vogue or Holiday. And don't you forget it sister. 

 

 

U know it all depends on what 'ethnic/folk' group she'll get as a present on her b'day :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Suedy said:

She has pretty much toured each album since Music and so each album has had its fair share of an airing. There is absolutely no reason why she cannot play lots of old hits and still do the new album justice. The Rebel Heart Tour setlist was pretty balanced in that respect but it was let down by the lazy musical arrangements. 

 

The RHT was very well balanced but it was far from being a greatest hits tour, not even Reinvention was since there was plenty of American Life in there

She knows she has to perform some of the hits to please the general public, otherwise she wouldn’t even remotely consider including Material girl or Into the groove into her setlist. But to promote her show as a greatest hits tour is a whole other thing imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okey with more gh's however they NEED to be reinvented/updated. My nightmare would be for her to do karaoke to old ass dated album versions. That's the most boring artistic move one can make. Sure the new versions don't have to be completely and utterly rearranged, but yeah... no old ass album versions thx. That what truly sets her apart from many others. 

Besides that, I'm very curious and excited to see when and how she will tour this time. I'm sure it will be great. I have loved every tour for different reasons. Perhaps mdna and it's production is my favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the hits don't have their pace ruined I'm good.

Good: Vogue 2008, LAP 2008, LAV 2006.

Bad: LAV 2012, HU 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

As long as the hits don't have their pace ruined I'm good.

Good: Vogue 2008, LAP 2008, LAV 2006.

Bad: LAV 2012, HU 2012

Agree on HU '12 (mainly the vocoder ruined it for me) but the LAV '12 was artistically stunning with Love Spent. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Galactic-Tiger said:

It's gonna be an arena tour. Hence a flop. ✌

A flop? How would it be flop as she has never ever had a flop tour👀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the RHT setlist, swap Devil Pray for Like A Prayer and Unapologetic Bitch for Vogue (a full blown gatsby galore) and it would've been the perfect "greatest hits" tour which also allows her to perform plenty of new music. Some fans here need to get rid of this "hits tour = artistically stagnant legacy act" mentality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in the end it's M who does what she does best regardless of our opinions 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "some fans need to do this some fans need to do that" talk is getting tired

It's a forum where people express different opinions, get over it

 

Having said that, 50% old and 50% new would be the perfect balance for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vinny said:

People in London have had a chance to see her in every tour since 1987. People in Liverpool, for instance, have not, and not everyone who wants to see her can make travel plans from a different area to see her play in London in the middle of a work week. I did not say at all tickets should or would be priced at £1k anywhere in England.

 

7 hours ago, Suedy said:

Exactly, that was my point precisely. In the same way that the USA is not the world, London is not the entirety of the UK. Plenty of fans would prefer to see her somewhere more local to them than to have to travel to London, book expensive hotels and take time off work. 

Which would make sense IF Madonna was still only playing in London (which she foolishly did for far too long resulting in the rest of the country developing no touring relationship with her, hence the troubles she's now having selling seats) In the last decade however she has played London, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Dublin.

Cardiff was half empty for Sticky & Sweet, a Manchester S&S show was cancelled due to low ticket sales, planned second shows in Glasgow and Birmingham were scrapped for RHT,  Edinburgh was a sound/sightline debacle and Dublin was half empty for MDNA. All outwith London which is having its own problems with her sales.

If someone in Liverpool wants to see Madonna they can take the 45 minute journey to Manchester to see her as they do for most major artists, btw,

So explain to me how suddenly playing second tier cities in second tier arenas will work when she's already struggling in the main touring cities where every major artist plays with no problems? UNLESS she cuts her ticket prices which she will not do, and if she does, she may as well stick to playing the main cities that have the infrastructure and the deals already in place with promoters, haulage companies, aviation routes, hotels etc Which is the same reason most artists don't tour the likes of India and South Africa, because touring entities and promoters like Live Nation, AEG  don't have those lucrative deals in place to earn the $$$ they want/need to make, hence you'll see artists going to the same old places and same cities time after time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping it's an arena tour and hope it comes to OZ or Singapore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm moving to a bigger city in a month that she visits on all her tours, hopefully I can finally see her live :laugh: . It'll be my first time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, Suedy said:

I wonder if extensive France tour could potentially also mean a few more UK & Ireland based dates than her usual tours have been? London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Dublin may be 'givens' but I wonder if she'll consider Newcastle, Belfast and Bournemouth as well? That would be amazing. 

 

I'm not from UK, but i'll love that! After the disaster of Rebel Heart Tour in Manchester, it's time to Madonna explore other cities in UK. My thouths are: Newcastle, Liverpool and Sheffield for shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 9:33 PM, loowee said:

Sorry to be the debbie downer, but we were willing to pay $1000 for RHT because it was the very first time she came to these Asian markets which generated a lot of hype. Many people wanted to see her just because it's "Madonna" so they paid a shit ton for this once in a lifetime experience.  The first shows of each city was swiftly sold out but many second shows took some time to sell. I have no doubt she will still do great in Asia with a reasonable price, but they will play themselves if the next tour costs as much as RHT.  

I don't know...Asia in the last years has increased about tours. Madonna didn't explore Japan for example, and she never visit South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia or Shangai.

Edited by Gabriel Ciccone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

I don't know...Asia in the last years has increased about tours. Madonna didn't explore Japan for example, and she never visit South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia or Shangai.

Agreed, she could do more shows in Japan & visit South Korea but she wouldn't be allowed to play in Indonesia, Malaysia & China. Remember she had to even censor her show in Singapore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Open the can *

Is this her last contractual tour with LN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:03 PM, Routa said:

I'm okey with more gh's however they NEED to be reinvented/updated. My nightmare would be for her to do karaoke to old ass dated album versions. That's the most boring artistic move one can make. Sure the new versions don't have to be completely and utterly rearranged, but yeah... no old ass album versions thx. That what truly sets her apart from many others. 

Besides that, I'm very curious and excited to see when and how she will tour this time. I'm sure it will be great. I have loved every tour for different reasons. Perhaps mdna and it's production is my favourite.

I get your point but that’s basically what she always did anyway. Her catalogue songs have always been reinvented later on. It actually would be more surprising and ‚refreshing‘ in a way to hear them in their original glory one last time. 

At least give us OYH baseline epicness! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot wrap my head around people not wanting traditional arrangements of her songs, with LIVE band realness of course (not MDNA/RH press play on the adobe file nonsense) It would be EPIC to have the band riffing away with extended dance breaks etc. But naw lets have a waltz version of Revolver instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kim said:

I cannot wrap my head around people not wanting traditional arrangements of her songs, with LIVE band realness of course (not MDNA/RH press play on the adobe file nonsense) It would be EPIC to have the band riffing away with extended dance breaks etc. But naw lets have a waltz version of Revolver instead.

Nor can I understand that point. 🙂 We just see things differently. But yeah I definately agree on the band part. Live band would be great! 🙂 But yeah to me the sonical difference with original arrangaments 80's stuff with new stuff wouldbe way too big. They are just way too dated. But again, they shouldn't be too different. Unless it serves a purpose (like the LAV walz). But Im sure there's room for many views. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×