MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

New Album Means New Tour

6 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Ladies and gentleman, please give a warm MadonnaNation welcome to M's physiologist 

lmfao! can’t stop laughing!

tumblr_inline_ozi8bsVcOn1rw6dk9_250.gif

The Rolling Stones are still playing stadiums. I don't see why Madonna can't play stadiums well into her 60s and 70s. All of y'all need several rows of seats.

1 hour ago, Suedy said:

The Rolling Stones are still playing stadiums. I don't see why Madonna can't play stadiums well into her 60s and 70s. All of y'all need several rows of seats.

I agree but they don't do the type of show Madonna does. Madonna is jumping off buildings, doing intense choreo, and making it all look so easy. I guess she can stand around like them the entire show and strum on her guitar but that's not why people go and see her. 

I don't get why people would want her to do stadiums
I mean from the audience point of view her shows look best in indoor arenas right?
the lighting, videos, coreography etc....

4 hours ago, Suedy said:

:clap:

7 hours ago, Suedy said:

But they didn't tarnish their reputation with their start times and setlist. 

16 minutes ago, loowee said:

But they didn't tarnish their reputation with their start times and setlist. 

I’m sure all will be forgiven if she is on time next tour (which she won’t be).

People are gonna hate me for this but I gotta say it-

I wish she would take a few voice lessons before this next tour. To increase her range. I couldn't help feel like she was pushing it with some of the songs on the Rebel Heart Tour, and I don't want a limited range to affect her set list on this upcoming tour. I'm looking back at the S&S Tour and she sounds like she did in the 90s and even the 80s... her voice retention is unbelievable but I feel like all of a sudden before the RH era her voice got deeper and less agile.  Like a whole octave lower. I really want her to be able to sing the fuck out of her songs because her discography deserves that. 

24 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

People are gonna hate me for this but I gotta say it-

I wish she would take a few voice lessons before this next tour. To increase her range. I couldn't help feel like she was pushing it with some of the songs on the Rebel Heart Tour, and I don't want a limited range to affect her set list on this upcoming tour. I'm looking back at the S&S Tour and she sounds like she did in the 90s and even the 80s... her voice retention is unbelievable but I feel like all of a sudden before the RH era her voice got deeper and less agile.  Like a whole octave lower. I really want her to be able to sing the fuck out of her songs because her discography deserves that. 

S&S Tour notoriously had the most atrocious vocals so you must be kidding. 

50 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

I'm looking back at the S&S Tour and she sounds like she did in the 90s and even the 80s

b0q49.gif

610BF511-CD80-48DA-BC7F-6F74B82290E0.png

Posted (edited)

Could a tour announcement be in the works...? Some fans received an odd email from the Staples Center today:

Madonna tour 2.jpg

Madonna tour 3.jpg

Madonna tour.jpg

Edited by CMoody

Some fans received an odd email from Staples Center:

Madonna tour 2.jpg

Madonna tour 3.jpg

Madonna tour.jpg

9 minutes ago, CMoody said:

Some fans received an odd email from Staples Center:

Madonna tour 2.jpg

Madonna tour 3.jpg

Madonna tour.jpg

It must be an error, didn’t something like this happen awhile back? 

Google always has those fake shows. Ticketmaster does this occasionally.

5 minutes ago, TXIII said:

It must be an error, didn’t something like this happen awhile back? 

Yes, not the 1st time it happens

On 5/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, acko said:

After the MET thing, I want a 'theatre tour'. Maximum 10.000 seaters.

This.

And no stadium tour which is the most boring thing that is: the bad sound, the bad view of the scene, the audience becomes a distraction to the show. I have never understood the love of some for this type of show. Bigger is not better.

4 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

And no stadium tour which is the most boring thing that is: the bad sound, the bad view of the scene, the audience becomes a distraction to the show. I have never understood the love of some for this type of show.

People want a stadium tour for the optics and ego of it all.

19 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

I know but for me, the quality of the experience is much more important than knowing that any record has been broken. I prefer to see her perform an artistic and theatrical show à la Kate Bush than a show in a stadium. It's a matter of personal taste.

2 hours ago, GOD said:

610BF511-CD80-48DA-BC7F-6F74B82290E0.png

yeah tour next year!

22 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I know but for me, the quality of the experience is much more important than knowing that any record has been broken. I prefer to see her perform an artistic and theatrical show à la Kate Bush than a show in a stadium. It's a matter of personal taste.

I agree an indoor venue or a smaller outdoor venue is a preferable experience. Maybe one day Madonna will do the Hollywood Bowl or the Greek.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:16 PM, Barbie said:

Madonna is still in amazing shape. I wouldn't really worry about choreo and movement for another decade. When she approaches 70 is when I imagine she will slow down completely with that kind of stuff. She still has at least 2-3 more tours where she can dance dance dance with no issue. At a high level anyway.

wow thats the first intelligent approach , but I agree Miss

She is still young for someone who did sports all her live , so I hope the follow up from RH tour can be maybe a bit more heavy on the choreo and dance.....

Yep 2019 tour confirmed as expected, let's hope she stays true to her word to return to Australia in April next year, if not I'll travel overseas to see her, good excuse for a holiday!:queenbitch:

I just want three things from the new tour:

• 90s hits -- I've been fucking waiting for "I'll Remember" and "TUTBMP" since 2001. "TAB" and "You'll See" need real, fully planned out performances -- not just random sub-ins when she's bored with the setlist. And it's waaay past time for "Secret" and "Rain" and "Fever" to make it back in to a setlist. She has so many hits from this decade that are completely ignored. It's fucking criminal.
  • No interludes -- They've gotten lazy and translate horribly to home video. "Best Friend?" "Messiah?" "Sex?" "Here Comes the (Rain) Again?" "RADIO DIAL MEDLEY?" What garbage. I'd honestly prefer she just hire a competent band and let them jam out on an instrumental for a few minutes, the way they used to. The extended instrumental outro on "PDP" in BAT or the "Singin' in the Rain" instrumental on TGS are way more interesting both musically and visually.
  • New band and music director -- Seriously, the karaoke band has got to go. They're terrible. They're the worst she's ever worked with and they're holding her back.

Everything else I don't care about. I'll take a new mix of "Candy Shop." I'll take a scaled back tour schedule. I'll take big venues or small ones. Just give me these.

2 hours ago, CMoody said:

Could a tour announcement be in the works...? Some fans received an odd email from the Staples Center today:

Madonna tour 2.jpg

Madonna tour 3.jpg

Madonna tour.jpg

I bet some intern was told to block of May 24, 2019 in the schedule for M and accidentally put it down for this year, triggering some kind of automatic alert. Poor thing probably lost his job 🤣

1 hour ago, material_boy said:
  • No interludes -- They've gotten lazy and translate horribly to home video. "Best Friend?" "Messiah?" "Sex?" "Here Comes the (Rain) Again?" "RADIO DIAL MEDLEY?" What garbage. I'd honestly prefer she just hire a competent band and let them jam out on an instrumental for a few minutes, the way they used to. The extended instrumental outro on "PDP" in BAT or the "Singin' in the Rain" instrumental on TGS are way more interesting both musically and visually.

I know this (as most things discussed here, really) is a matter of personal taste, but I like the video interludes. I agree the ones on the RHT were lazy (someday I'll write a long post about that tour that nobody asked for and nobody cares about), and Rain wasn't my favorite, but I loved the choreography in both Best Friend and Messiah, even though I 100% wish she had performed that live.

I don't think she'll get rid of the video interludes and I think she's given us some beautiful (Paradise, Nobody Knows Me, Justify My Love) and fun ones (Die Another Day, Illuminati's dancer choreography and I love all the greatest hits medley ones, screw you all) and I personally don't want her to. However, I do want and hope she'll put more effort into them again because most of what she did for RHT left me extremely disappointed.

11 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Yes. for the sheer pleasure of it all. 

I demand OMAR returns . We want some KICK baby. 

the only  way way she will be on time is if she does an o2 arena residency for the whole thing