MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

Loca Please World Tour 2019 discussion

I need to start saving now. Because with Madonna turning 60, the press will be all over the fact about how astonishing a marvel she is at her age, and she's the last man standing from the 80s holy trinity of Prince, Michael, and she. I'm excited for how she'll incorporate Candy Shop into the set list.

AMEN to that and I'm right with you. My savings account is all SHOOK.

After the MET thing, I want a 'theatre tour'. Maximum 10.000 seaters.

I want stadium tour ūüėě

Arena Tour like RH again please with an Itinerary like this :

Leg 1 : Australia (April 2019)

Leg 2 : Asia (May 2019)

Leg 3 : Europe (June/July 2019)

Leg 4 : North America (August/September 2019)

Leg 5 : South America (October 2019)

Me thinks it's time to pull a Girlie Show and ignore most of 'murica

Honestly I wish she would go back to releasing the album, promoting the album and then tour the next year, they way she used to. Album and tour in the same time period seems to ruin both. Also she REALLY needs a new musical director. Kevin Autunes is probably her worst musical director. Her best being Patrick Leonard or Stuart Price.

And PLEASE No Candy Shop or Human Nature!

enough already.

I wish she'd sing songs she's never sung live on tour, like Rescue me, Bedtime Story, I want you, Skin, Swim, Bad Girl, I know she'd NEVER do this but I'd love to hear Spotlight on tour.

1 hour ago, AlanLongoria said:

this

plus smaller venues if not then like RH tour venues. i am so not ready and never will be lol. but now is the time for me to see her....i can feel it.

2 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

She can't skip LA. The crowd was tough.

2 hours ago, erotica blu said:

What do you mean?

10 hours ago, Suedy said:

I want stadium tour ūüėě

Me too. I know there appears to be a consensus here that she should do small, intimate shows like Tears of a Clown (which I loved), but I'm really, really not for it.

I want her to do a huge world stadium tour all over the world and break records and outgross Sticky & Sweet and just make a gazillion more dollars DAMMIT!!!

4 hours ago, Vinny said:

What do you mean?

For The Girlie Show she skipped LA entirely for the tour. Hence a reference from Truth or Dare about the LA crowd being tough.

She should do US cities like NY/LA/Boston/Miami/Chicago, tour Canada, do stadiums in new Mexican cities and South America, because no one goes down there for some shitty arena shows lbr unless you are Katy Perry.

Euope is a no brainer but some of her stops are dumb like Milan/Antwerp/Herning while Brussels, Rome and Copenhagen attract bigger crowds. 

Asia will be the new continent she will milk to death since Oceania said a big fat no last tour lbr.

As for the setlist,¬† all I want is a listenable Hung¬† Up again ūüėě lol

8 hours ago, erotica blu said:

It was tough on the sides, and then cuz of the fire station somtehing, but Freddie will have it changed by 2morow... :fag:

10 minutes ago, acko said:

It was tough on the sides, and then cuz of the fire station somtehing, but Freddie will have it changed by 2morow... :fag:

Don't forget the big fat man with his arms folded who gave her dirty looks all night long.

1 hour ago, acko said:

1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

Don't forget the big fat man with his arms folded who gave her dirty looks all night long.

Full of William Morris agents who weren’t there to have a good time.

*clutches towel at neck* ‚ÄúIt‚Äôs so depressing to me...‚ÄĚ

I hope this next tour's choreography is a lot more energetic and- well, choreographed. RHT seemed more Madonna on-a-whim, more closely connected to audience, but I miss that calculated, choreographed-to-the-tee performances a la Sticky and Sweet, MDNA, Confessions Tour. Her music deserves that level of visual spectacle.

Also she MUST perform Beautiful Stranger. 

19 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

I hope this next tour's choreography is a lot more energetic and- well, choreographed. RHT seemed more Madonna on-a-whim, more closely connected to audience, but I miss that calculated, choreographed-to-the-tee performances a la Sticky and Sweet, MDNA, Confessions Tour. Her music deserves that level of visual spectacle.

Also she MUST perform Beautiful Stranger. 

I do not think this will be possible at her age... the MDNA choreo took a toll on her.

3 hours ago, JR! said:

I do not think this will be possible at her age... the MDNA choreo took a toll on her.

I got this feeling too. Which is very sad indeed. My favorite performances are the  calculated, choreographed-to-the-tee performances.

Aside from the NEW material, I'm excited for new re-inventions of Express Yourself, Ray of Light, Sorry, American Life and 4 Minutes.

And obviously, Candy Shop (hopefully an interlude this time :wow: )

No stadium tour, please !! Nothing worst than that.

3 hours ago, runa said:

No stadium tour, please !! Nothing worst than that.

Stadium shows only good for tour recordings.

8 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

Aside from the NEW material, I'm excited for new re-inventions of Express Yourself, Ray of Light, Sorry, American Life and 4 Minutes.

And obviously, Candy Shop (hopefully an interlude this time :wow: )

No interlude status for Candy Shop.

11 hours ago, JR! said:

Yeah, I didn't want to say it out loud, but I too have my doubts whether she could pull off something like the MDNA Tour again, in terms of high-energy dancing over a longer period of time. And honestly, I don't think so. For isolated performances or a small-scale tour, then yes it's possible, but if she will embark on a longer tour again, I think she'd have to cut down on the choreography. Which is perfectly fine, she was terribly exhausted by the time MDNA ended, so we don't need a repeat of that situation.

As for the venue discussion - I absolutely can see her playing stadiums again in selected places, like in South America or in Asia as well (like others said, this is the new region she could really milk). But in places like Europe or the US, where the demand is lower and the market is saturated, smaller venues obviously make much more sense.

I'd love something like a grand theatre tour! Like Tears of A Clown in bigger. Europe is full of beautiful, majestic theater and opera halls, she could put on a spectacle while still keeping an intimate atmosphere. Would drive up ticket prices obviously, but this is something she has never done before and could totally work, if you ask me!

12 hours ago, JR! said:

No one says she necessarily has to be at that level... MDNA choreo was nuts and lasted the entire show. But the setlist could be more high-energy, her backup dancers could be more high-energy, and selected performances of hers (not all obviously) can be high energy. I think she is very capable still of doing that.

I found the RH setlist was this slow/chill/groove sort of thing, which I didn't love.

On 5/19/2018 at 2:19 AM, Vinny said:

I want her to do a huge world stadium tour all over the world and break records and outgross Sticky & Sweet and just make a gazillion more dollars DAMMIT!!!

That ain't happening unless it's a greatest hits tour or a farewell type tour. Madonna needs another massive hit if she wants to even come close to Sticky and Sweet numbers again. Or like I said, a greatest hits tour.

30 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

No one says she necessarily has to be at that level... MDNA choreo was nuts and lasted the entire show. But the setlist could be more high-energy, her backup dancers could be more high-energy, and selected performances of hers (not all obviously) can be high energy. I think she is very capable still of doing that.

I found the RH setlist was this slow/chill/groove sort of thing, which I didn't love.

Madonna is still in amazing shape. I wouldn't really worry about choreo and movement for another decade. When she approaches 70 is when I imagine she will slow down completely with that kind of stuff. She still has at least 2-3 more tours where she can dance dance dance with no issue. At a high level anyway.

14 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Madonna is still in amazing shape. I wouldn't really worry about choreo and movement for another decade. When she approaches 70 is when I imagine she will slow down completely with that kind of stuff. She still has at least 2-3 more tours where she can dance dance dance with no issue. At a high level anyway.

Ladies and gentleman, please give a warm MadonnaNation welcome to M's physiologist 

26 minutes ago, Barbie said:

That ain't happening unless it's a greatest hits tour or a farewell type tour. Madonna needs another massive hit if she wants to even come close to Sticky and Sweet numbers again. Or like I said, a greatest hits tour.

I know.

Maybe if she milks Asia, but doing really well in a market in one tour does not necessarily mean it's a sure thing to be replicated on the following tour, just look at the numbers (gross and attendance) from S&S in Latin America and compare it to The MDNA Tour's only four years later.

But one can dream.

I like stadium shows. I say this as someone who only got the chance to see her live once, from very afar in an open-ground outside venue. Just brings me lots of pride for the artist and there's something magical about knowing and seeing dozens of thousands of people around you sharing the moment and the love with you.