MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

Loca Please World Tour 2019 discussion

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Said that right from the start, pal.

Though I don't mind either way as long as it's goooood.

Oh I agree 100% but I do think she should release a single this side of Christmas. If she doesn't it will only serve to further highlight how out of touch she and her 'team' are with the way albums are now launched in today's current climate. 

1 minute ago, Suedey said:

Oh I agree 100% but I do think she should release a single this side of Christmas. If she doesn't it will only serve to further highlight how out of touch she and her 'team' are with the way albums are now launched in today's current climate. 

Yes a great strong single would be good before Christmas, but I don't trust them to keep up any momentum in between. I don't think they have a clue what to do with her tbh.

Just now, Kim said:

Yes a great strong single would be good before Christmas, but I don't trust them to keep up any momentum in between. I don't think they have a clue what to do with her tbh.

To be fair if the song is strong they don't need to do much apart from shoot a video and PROMOTE it heavily on streaming services, iTunes etc. I mean FFS they could even have posters of the new single, adverts etc. It's just throwing MONEY at it. Any idiot can see that. But clearly there is no budget for her and yes they don't know what to do with her I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Suedey said:

To be fair if the song is strong they don't need to do much apart from shoot a video and PROMOTE it heavily on streaming services, iTunes etc. I mean FFS they could even have posters of the new single, adverts etc. It's just throwing MONEY at it. Any idiot can see that. But clearly there is no budget for her and yes they don't know what to do with her I guess. 

Yes MONEY is most definitely a problem. I've said this repeatedly. There needs to be some significant outlay for continued long term gain at this point. Call it investing in the brand, if you will. 

Even with her diminishing returns I'm sure she makes a lot of money for LiveNation but obviously there's a disconnect between LN and Interscope and the 'pots' of money are not connected, which I completely understand and we've been over this many times - however, if LiveNation want a bit more squeezed of one of their biggest cash cows, then maybe they need to invest upfront a little bit on this campaign this time around. 

True, but I don't think LN thinks long term at all, and Oseary is most definitely of the make as much as you can today and fuck tomorrow school. I doubt if she could even be bothered going down the whole traditional label/contract route anymore after this LN adventure/debacle. If you can go out and make 50million  or whatever every few years by touring for 3-6 months, then the impetus to do much else might just be gone at this point.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:16 AM, Bat-Fan said:

I wonder if she will do stricly (alnost) arena shows again?

When are we going to get the DVD? 

13 minutes ago, runa said:

When are we going to get the DVD? 

☺☺☺

I'm dying for the album. I want it now

I hope the album is dancey so the crowd gets pumped!

Can somebody please tell M to use this unbelievable remix on the new tour??

EROtica

tribal interlude.... circle around her, trying to burn her at the stake... this can be so creative and so up to par with her upcoming image!

If a 2019 tour is happening, wouldn't we know by know because arenas have to be booked way in advance? Is it possible a new album does not mean a new tour? It happened with BS and ROL and now she has this film coming.

News of Madonna (who are reliable) have already confirmed LN has been booking arenas in France in Sept/Oct next year. 

11 hours ago, rebelheart said:

News of Madonna (who are reliable) have already confirmed LN has been booking arenas in France in Sept/Oct next year. 

Only France?

I wonder what makes them so reliable??

On 9/28/2018 at 12:52 PM, Bat-Fan said:

If a 2019 tour is happening, wouldn't we know by know because arenas have to be booked way in advance? Is it possible a new album does not mean a new tour? It happened with BS and ROL and now she has this film coming.

I agree I can’t see her comiting to a tour with the film to direct.

Unless MGM have confirmed to her the shooting of the film will be a specific 3-6 months next year (no doubt Madonna will want to be part of the post-production as wellnas direct) then I don’t see where a tour will fit in.

That’s unless  MGM will make the film in 2020.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:52 PM, Bat-Fan said:

If a 2019 tour is happening, wouldn't we know by know because arenas have to be booked way in advance? 

Not necessarily. 

11 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Only France?

Europe is scheduled for Sept/Oct next year according to there sources!

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

I agree I can’t see her comiting to a tour with the film to direct.

Unless MGM have confirmed to her the shooting of the film will be a specific 3-6 months next year (no doubt Madonna will want to be part of the post-production as wellnas direct) then I don’t see where a tour will fit in.

That’s unless  MGM will make the film in 2020.

Taking Flight will be made in 2020 no doubt since 2019 will be dedicated to the album & tour!

16 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Taking Flight will be made in 2020 no doubt since 2019 will be dedicated to the album & tour!

That’s not the tone the press release set when announcing Madonna as director earlier this year. 

It said the film is being fast tracked so unless MGM are working around Madonna’s shedual and the films being delayed now until 2020 to allow Madonna to furfil her music commitments, the film will be filmed next year.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

That’s not the tone the press release set when announcing Madonna as director earlier this year. 

It said the film is being fast tracked so unless MGM are working around Madonna’s shedual and the films being delayed now until 2020 to allow Madonna to furfil her music commitments, the film will be filmed next year.

If they want M to direct it they will have to wait & work around her schedule, she wouldn't be finishing, releasing an album & booking arenas for a tour next year if she knew she had to direct a feature film also. They will wait till early 2020 most likely now!

4 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

If they want M to direct it they will have to wait & work around her schedule, she wouldn't be finishing, releasing an album & booking arenas for a tour next year if she knew she had to direct a feature film also. They will wait till early 2020 most likely now!

I don’t think it will quite work like that it’s more likely Madonna will bend around MGM than the other way round.

Madonna doesn’t have that kind of clout power with a major Hollywood studio.

32 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I don’t think it will quite work like that it’s more likely Madonna will bend around MGM than the other way round.

Madonna doesn’t have that kind of clout power with a major Hollywood studio.

Oh well then no album & tour till 2020...

Just now, rebelheart said:

Oh well then no album & tour till 2020...

Obviously we are getting an album but whether we get the tour is yet to be confirmed.

2 hours ago, Confessit said:

Obviously we are getting an album but whether we get the tour is yet to be confirmed.

I know, I just think if we get an album we will get a tour even if it is only 4 months long, M hinted at a 2019 tour herself & NOM are very reliable with tour related news. 

5 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

I know, I just think if we get an album we will get a tour even if it is only 4 months long, M hinted at a 2019 tour herself & NOM are very reliable with tour related news. 

I agree it would be the first time she’s broken the album/tour cycle in 20 years.

But the film being announced this year as fast tracked doesn’t mean in 2 years unless something behind the scenes has changed.

Personally id much rather a full year of Madonna music activity in 2019 but she has signed upto directing for MGM now.

I feel like the next tour will be...longgg. 2020 is a big year and I have a gut feeling she will want to be part of the dialogue. What better way than to tour while elections are happening? I feel like she will definitely release an album 4th quarter. call it a hunch. Do heavy promo for it. Do her movies. Then go on tour beginning late 2019 and go all through 2020; if not all the way thru 2020 she will split it like she did with Sticky Sweet. It just seems like very important years ahead of us and she def likes to be part of important dialogue.

17 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

I feel like the next tour will be...longgg. 2020 is a big year and I have a gut feeling she will want to be part of the dialogue. What better way than to tour while elections are happening? I feel like she will definitely release an album 4th quarter. call it a hunch. Do heavy promo for it. Do her movies. Then go on tour beginning late 2019 and go all through 2020; if not all the way thru 2020 she will split it like she did with Sticky Sweet. It just seems like very important years ahead of us and she def likes to be part of important dialogue.

Will she be able to sell a loooong lasting tour? She struggled with RHT. I imagined if anything, she would do fewer dates.

48 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Will she be able to sell a loooong lasting tour? She struggled with RHT. I imagined if anything, she would do fewer dates.

I think much of it depends if she can get some kind of hit from the new album that will certainly help with ticket sales.