MadonnaNation.com Forums

What the hell.  I'm on a roll now!  Something about his voice that touches me (it's usually a females voice that I lean towards when it comes to ballads).  But Dr. Hook's vocals melt my heart as well.

@mnino  the Kenny Rogers "You & I" made me think of this one.  Love their voices together.

And another favorite duet....  

Shit.  Sorry @Genevieve Vavance  Guess I should have made a "duet" thread (and I was pegging @Jazzy Jan for hijacking your thread when I feel like it's me.....all over the place, as usual)!!!   :kiss2:

3 hours ago, todsmod said:

@Genevieve Vavance Sorry for not properly thanking YOU for this thread (Jan, that greedy bitch, took it over and I assumed it was hers)!!!  :lmao:   You know I'm playing, @Jazzy Jan!!!

Also, sorry for posting a couple that were already mentioned.  I've been in the mood for some powerful/soulful/smooth ballads after reading the STR thread.  Must be the calm before the storm?

Here's another I've always loved.   

:rotfl:@todsmod We love our power ballads !    

@Genevieve Vavance   You have enough now to last you a lifetime :inlove:

11 hours ago, todsmod said:

@mnino  the Kenny Rogers "You & I" made me think of this one.  Love their voices together.

And another favorite duet....  

Shit.  Sorry @Genevieve Vavance  Guess I should have made a "duet" thread (and I was pegging @Jazzy Jan for hijacking your thread when I feel like it's me.....all over the place, as usual)!!!   :kiss2:

I love some early 80's Kenny... @todsmod @Jazzy Jan and Sheena Easton @IsaacHarris

This one is another gem

@mnino  I also loved them both.  Can't leave out this classic....even though it's more mid-tempo!

20 minutes ago, todsmod said:

@mnino  I also loved them both.  Can't leave out this classic....even though it's more mid-tempo!

Yes!

@todsmod @Jazzy Jan

thanks for your recommendations :lmao: I'm just having time right now to go through this thread, thanks to all the other members as well!!

On 5/16/2018 at 2:19 AM, todsmod said:

And poor Deborah needs a mention too (if she wasn't already)!  I loved (and still do) her smooth vocals on her ballads.

She really had some timeless classics.

ooh, these are great!!!

On 5/16/2018 at 2:37 AM, todsmod said:

@Genevieve Vavance Sorry for not properly thanking YOU for this thread (Jan, that greedy bitch, took it over and I assumed it was hers)!!!  :lmao:   You know I'm playing, @Jazzy Jan!!!

Also, sorry for posting a couple that were already mentioned.  I've been in the mood for some powerful/soulful/smooth ballads after reading the STR thread.  Must be the calm before the storm?

Here's another I've always loved.   

he was kind of great in the 80s, Austrians adore him, he's like MJ to them lol, the only popstar from here that made it globally

Glenn is so 80's hot in this video:

On 5/15/2018 at 9:22 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I remember being 18, tuning to the BBC World Service and listening to this way before it became a hit in my country. It's very haunting for me.

Damn, I love Billy Steinberg.

Of course I heard this with Cyndi Lauper at first - but, as far as I'm concerned, that's the definitive version. And I love the videoclip as well, with Brandon and Jennifer Connelly. 

Henley at his peak

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's kind of a ballad?  It plays during the closing credits of "Thanks For Sharing" (movie from 2012 w/, , ).  I know I've heard the song before.  Looked at the soundtrack and listened to some of the songs....but nothing sounded like it.  I could have sworn (as I was halfway asleep) that it was possibly a duet/male-female, and the verses started with "Adam" & "Eve"..?  Any info on song/artist would be appreciated.   Looking at you, @Jazzy Jan and @Genevieve Vavance!!

WELL:

THE BiGGEST POWER BALLAD HIT OF THE 80's.

And does this count as ballad? I always thought it had a ballady quality to it:

80s had the absolute best ballads, hands down...

On 5/16/2018 at 9:31 AM, winniehk88 said:

I love Wonderwal.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:29 AM, Genevieve Vavance said:

One of my favorites.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:16 AM, todsmod said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's kind of a ballad?  It plays during the closing credits of "Thanks For Sharing" (movie from 2012 w/, , ).  I know I've heard the song before.  Looked at the soundtrack and listened to some of the songs....but nothing sounded like it.  I could have sworn (as I was halfway asleep) that it was possibly a duet/male-female, and the verses started with "Adam" & "Eve"..?  Any info on song/artist would be appreciated.   Looking at you, @Jazzy Jan and @Genevieve Vavance!!

Trying to find out Todsmod.  I will not be defeated !  

On 6/5/2018 at 7:40 AM, Lolo said:

Love both of these.  A-Ha was the first concert I went to !  

On 5/19/2018 at 8:23 AM, surannée said:

Of course I heard this with Cyndi Lauper at first - but, as far as I'm concerned, that's the definitive version. And I love the videoclip as well, with Brandon and Jennifer Connelly. 

Jennifer Connelly is soooo beautiful here !!! And I love this song!