Beautiful Game - New Song

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

UUGGHHHH!!!  Some of y'all are killing my buzz.  "She's too this, not enough that, I don't like the new song, Nicki/CardiB collaboration, I want this, I'd prefer that, she should have done this/that".  I know it's a forum where things are discussed.  But some of these know-it-all-critics can really spoil the fun.  This is MADONNA we're talking about.  Relax and enjoy the ride.....or get off the damn train!  :banghead:

"Lyrically it's not good enough even for an album track."  Really?  From the one verse (4 lines) we've kind of heard from someone's phone?  So little to go by, yet already so much doubt from "fans".  I'm sure we will be more than satisfied with what she delivers.  Aren't we usually?  I know I've never been disappointed with the master and her craft.

but 4 lines is a whole verse!  It all has to work!  It could be an album track if she hadn't already talked about playing this game all over MDNA.

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

You can try but Madonna made it pretty crystal clear early this year on IG what she thinks of fans that try to dictate to her what she can and cannot do artistically....lol. How about listening to the song first? First of all, we have no idea if this is true. Secondly, even if it is true, we have no idea if it's on M's or Nicki's album. Thirdly, we have no idea if this is a remix version of a song, album version....we know nothing. 

Not understanding how anyone has determined whether or not BG is a single worthy song based on the FOUR LINES we've heard from it. Maybe the track won't even make it to the album? Maybe it is just an album track? Maybe the song is a work in progress? Maybe those lines just fit that performance? Maybe the way it was interpreted at Met isn't at all what the song sounds like? Maybe it's a club banger? We know nothing at this point. 

I love that most seem to adore everything about the overall aesthetic of this performance but I just hate for people to create these expectations in their head only to be completely disappointed when it doesn't pan out the way they thought it would. I feel like this happens a lot now. Things get discussed to death where it becomes almost fact and then when the result isn't what was expected, the meltdowns begin. There's a strong possibility that everything about this performance was tailored around the Met event itself and that the new aesthetic of the album era will be something totally different. Personally, I'd absolutely LOVE if she goes this sort of route for the new album. I love my slutty, bad ass "fuck you I'm 50" Madonna but it's about time to switch it up again. Best to just roll with it and let it will be! Not every era can be a career defining favorite but how often has she ever completely disappointed all around for an album era? 

I am a fan of an artist who always said that she doesn't like to repeat her self. If it is true about Nicki song it will be their 4TH SONG TOGETHER!!!,  none of them were a big hit, so why another song, Is she on Nicki Album, Fine!. I don´t want rappers on her songs, I grew up listening with only her voice and it is more than enough...I am agree with the FU im 50 attitude was fine at 2008 but now it is time to another big  change in her career. No more rappers, no more top 40 producers, they don't play her on the radio, only her fans keep listening , so why bother? She took risks with Ray of Light, Music and Confessions, and all of them were successful she could do it again!!..

Edited by dario

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

UUGGHHHH!!!  Some of y'all are killing my buzz.  "She's too this, not enough that, I don't like the new song, Nicki/CardiB collaboration, I want this, I'd prefer that, she should have done this/that".  I know it's a forum where things are discussed.  But some of these know-it-all-critics can really spoil the fun.  This is MADONNA we're talking about.  Relax and enjoy the ride.....or get off the damn train!  :banghead:

"Lyrically it's not good enough even for an album track."  Really?  From the one verse (4 lines) we've kind of heard from someone's phone?  So little to go by, yet already so much doubt from "fans".  I'm sure we will be more than satisfied with what she delivers.  Aren't we usually?  I know I've never been disappointed with the master and her craft.

This. This. This.

But who are we fooling? We knew it was coming. Some people cant just be happy. If she excels at something then they have to drag her down for something else. All this Nicki and new song meltdown is boring now. We should just be happy she gave us a glipse of new material but that cant be the case. I love Nicki Minaj so im certainly biased here but Madonna loves her as well why cant we just accept it? And if rumours are true then means new songs definetly out next month. Cant we just be happy about that? Well of course not. Have a good day ya all. 

6 minutes ago, dario said:

I am a fan of an artist who always said that she doesn't like to repeat her self. If it is true about Nicki song it will be their 4TH SONG TOGETHER!!!,  none of them were a big hit, so why another song, Is she on Nicki Album, Fine!. I don´t want rappers on her songs, I grew up listening with only her voice and it is more than enough...I am agree with the FU im 50 attitude was fine at 2008 but now it is time to other stage for her career. No more rappers no more top 40 producers, they don't play her on the radio, only her fans keep listening , so why bother? She took risks with Ray of Light, Music and Confessions, and all of them were successful she could do it again!!

Zzzzz

Just now, MeakMaker said:

Zzzzz

NIcki is fine! I like ker Chun Li song and she is miles better than Cardi B... But M voice is so different, she has a classical way of singing, it just doesn't mix well with Minaj rawness, M does not need her. 

My prediction is that Madonna HAS recorded a song with Nicki but it will be on Nicki’s album called Queen. The song itself most likely will be called Queen as well and Madonna will sing during the chorus something similar to “I came, I saw, I conquered”. So that’s about it.

Also, the video shoot she did with Steven Klein could be for Nicki’s single. This will generate the buzz and people will talk about Madonna. Then Madonna releases her own album and there won’t be any collaborations on it. 

For people who say Beautiful Game is lyrically not very sound or something, seriously, ugh!! I’ve said this before, in Kabbalah, the chaos of life is orchestrated by Satan and it is an illusion, which he made look very appealing. This chaos is called Beautuful Game. Those who buy into it, find later that it’s all a lie. What we really want is real love, kindness, forgiveness, caring for others, etc. It’s not about who got this much number one records or that many views on YouTube.. So all of this coming from the 30 second snippet of the song!! To understand Madonna 100% and to comprehend her music you gotta think a bit deeper. She’s not your average basic pop singer. She tried that with MDNA, mostly because she just wanted to have fun, lol but it’s not really her! Her true authentic self is in such albums as American Life, Confessions, even some parts of Rebel Heart. This is not to say she must always be deep and can’t have fun. Don’t twist it! What I’m saying is that at the core of who she is as a person, she’s a spiritual diva bitch goddess and she’s too much for some people because of that! She intimidates general public so they respond sometimes with hate. Darkness hates Light and Madonna has climbed the damn tree of Life!! 

I would rather have a "basic" pop song than one with Kabbalah references no one will get.  Maybe I am the problem I hear her working these current producers I just want a good pop song at least on par with other artists they have worked with,  not an angry album full of religious references, or talking about fame. 

8 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I would rather have a "basic" pop song than one with Kabbalah references no one will get.  Maybe I am the problem I hear her working these current producers I just want a good pop song at least on par with other artists they have worked with,  not an angry album full of religious references, or talking about fame. 

Well for now we know she has worked with Starrah, Billboard and Mirwais. Only Starrah is well known, but for songwriting. Billboard is semi famous, Mirwais is famous only for working with her. I wouldn't call those two "current producers" and I m ok with it. She already tried the current producers route (BS, RH) with mixed results (for me). While BS is not among my fav albums, RH definitely is. To be honest RH was full of great pop songs, which were also much better  compared to the songs of the other current stars. For example Rihannas Work is so trashy and it has like 1 tone and its just absurd. Yet its a hit. If Madonna did it, all would have crucified her. The minus of RH (if we can really talk about a minus) was probably the lack of focus, not the shortage of amazing songs. Personally, I would have preferred she to head to more dark, moody, adult well crafted songs like Devil Pray, Hold Tight, JOA, RH etc. and skip the "bitch" songs althogether (and Diplo apart from bed sessions), but I guess we would have been left only with the Heart and Rebel (Madonnas definition) would have been lacking.

As for Beautiful Game, I still maintain that we cant really judge it without hearing the whole song. But its safe to say no one is blown away and most, even here, believe (or pray?) its just an album track. For me, it sounds very much like Mirwais on most of Music/AL actually and it shows my main problem with him: lack of strong melodies (M+Patrick are the masters of those), monotonous, distant, cold etc. Also I don't really like how he makes her sing. As a whole nothing groundbreaking. Hope they have some Paradise, DTM and Future Lovers in those sessions otherwise ...

35 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Okay, that’s fine but Songs with kabbalistic references are not necessarily boring and in fact are some of fans most favorites. Confessions on the dance floor is full of Kabbalah. Ray of Light, even Paradise from the Music album is a ballad but it’s a true masterpiece. A very spiritual song and so beautiful! Yes Madonna delivers great fun songs like BIM, and sexy songs like HW, and it’s all great, but her heart is in the spiritual songs, and personally, those are my favorites! So I would rather her do another AL, Confessions or even ROL!! 

9 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Okay, that’s fine but Songs with kabbalistic references are some of fans most favorite. And they certainly are not boring!! Confessions on the dance floor is full of Kabbalah. Is it boring to you?  Paradise from the Music album is a ballad but I wouldn’t call it boring. A very spiritual song as well. 

I do like Paradise, actually the whole Music album is one of my top three favorites.  I never said the word boring.  Could you name an example of a kabbalah reference on Confessions?

18 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I do like Paradise, actually the whole Music album is one of my top three favorites.  I never said the word boring.  Could you name an example of a kabbalah reference on Confessions?

Get Together, Future Lovers, Let It Will Be, Jump, Isaac and Push are some of the ones that I can think of right away. Even Hung Up. I was watching a Kabbalah lesson one time and the rabbi was saying that when souls exit the reincarnation cycle it’s called home. And by the looks of it, the time is ticking for humanity, because no one is home! We keep coming back here over and over because we can’t let go of our egos. Now of course Hung Up is meant to sound like a song about a relationship. Most songs do. But M hides some deep mysticism within her songs and it makes it that much more special!! The song jump is my favorite, there’s an entire lesson about it on the Kabbalah university web site and it goes word for word with the song. Let It Will Be is pretty dark, I won’t even write about it here...

the beauty of it is that you don’t have to notice these things, but for those who study Kabbalah, it’s always fun to notice spiritual references in her songs. That’s what makes Madonna unique and sets her apart from basic pop bitches. 

3 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Lyrically it's not good enough even for an album track.  We need the new album to be flawless.  

Why pay the biggest songwriters around and then come up with something that sounds like something she used to reject?

excuse me?

5 minutes ago, Hector said:

Oh I’ve missed posting animal videos!

Awww 😍😍😍

10 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Get Together, Future Lovers, Let It Will Be, Jump, Isaac and Push are some of the ones that I can think of right away. Even Hung Up. I was watching a Kabbalah lesson one time and the rabbi was saying that when souls exit the reincarnation cycle it’s called home. And by the looks of it, the time is ticking for humanity, because no one is home! We keep coming back here over and over because we can’t let go of our egos. Now of course Hung Up is meant to sound like a song about a relationship. Most songs do. But M hides some deep mysticism within her songs and it makes it that much more special!! The song jump is my favorite, there’s an entire lesson about it on the Kabbalah university web site and it goes word for word with the song. Let It Will Be is pretty dark, I won’t even write about it here...

the beauty of it is that you don’t have to notice these things, but for those who study Kabbalah, it’s always fun to notice spiritual references in her songs. That’s what makes Madonna unique and sets her apart from basic pop bitches. 

Katypatra you couldnt put it any better. Yes yes yes. Madonnas songs are full of subtexts and deep meanings. Kabbalah truly inspires her and helps her write songs that on the surface can be interpreted as silly or shallow but in reality theres much more to it. Hung Up is possibly the best example. You mentioned the Kabbalah meaning of “game” and yes Madonna already used that in Intervention ( But Thats Just Satans Game). I studied some Kabbalah as well and im amazed of how much of it is in Madonnas music since Ray Of Light. 

To stay on theme another Kabbalah game reference was also explored in The Game an outtake from American Life.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Katypatra you couldnt put it any better. Yes yes yes. Madonnas songs are full of subtexts and deep meanings. Kabbalah truly inspires her and helps her write songs that on the surface can be interpreted as silly or shallow but in reality theres much more to it. Hung Up is possibly the best example. You mentioned the Kabbalah meaning of “game” and yes Madonna already used that in Intervention ( But Thats Just Satans Game). I studied some Kabbalah as well and im amazed of how much of it is in Madonnas music since Ray Of Light. 

To stay on theme another Kabbalah game reference was also explored in The Game an outtake from American Life.

Ooooh, I love this song ♥️

16 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Lyrically it's not good enough even for an album track.  We need the new album to be flawless.  

Why pay the biggest songwriters around and then come up with something that sounds like something she used to reject?

What the hell?!? How the hell can you determine all this from that clip?? 

That like righting off Hung Up if all you had was “ring ring goes the telephone, the light are on but there’s know on home” - which are horrendous lyrics but work wonderfully on that track. 

On 5/8/2018 at 12:02 PM, runa said:

Here we go again : people judging a  30 seconds snippet in low quality - this world will never change, :rotfl:

let me quote myself pls

whenever someone complains about Madonna lyrics I remind them of I like to singy singy singy like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy 

don't judge until u hear the full song in an official capacity and stop fucking complaining 

9 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

whenever someone complains about Madonna lyrics I remind them of I like to singy singy singy like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy 

don't judge until u hear the full song in an official capacity and stop fucking complaining 

This. EVERY album from Madonna has dumb lyrics at some point.  The snippets lyrics were my fave part of the song because they actually sound like classic Madonna lyrics. 

20 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

the ironic part is that even though those lyrics are quite cringe-worthy (although i would argue they're so when we examine them apart, i think it works on the song), impressive instant is one of my favorite album track of hers and i'm still mad warner didn't let her release it as the final single from Music

there are quite a few madonna songs that people seem to focus in on the couple of bad/not-so-strong lyrics and go waving it around as "proof" the entire thing is bad

i'm still a little astonished people call american life one of her worst songs ever since they always, without fail will focus only on the rap, which, admittedly, is not... good

but everything else? especially in the world we're living in today, i feel like that song was maybe released 15 years too soon

here's hoping she revisits it on this tour btw, there is no better time for it, really

as for the new song... i'm not gonna judge a 30-second LQ clip someone took on their phone to pass judgement on a full song no one but her and her team has even heard yet

i didn't even like living for love at first listen, i've learned to be patient

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

the ironic part is that even though those lyrics are quite cringe-worthy (although i would argue they're so when we examine them apart, i think it works on the song), impressive instant is one of my favorite album track of hers and i'm still mad warner didn't let her release it as the final single from Music

there are quite a few madonna songs that people seem to focus in on the couple of bad/not-so-strong lyrics and go waving it around as "proof" the entire thing is bad

i'm still a little astonished people call american life one of her worst songs ever since they always, without fail will focus only on the rap, which, admittedly, is not... good

but everything else? especially in the world we're living in today, i feel like that song was maybe released 15 years too soon

here's hoping she revisits it on this tour btw, there is no better time for it, really

as for the new song... i'm not gonna judge a 30-second LQ clip someone took on their phone to pass judgement on a full song no one but her and her team has even heard yet

i didn't even like living for love at first listen, i've learned to be patient

And yes, I should have stated that Impressive Instant is a great song