Beautiful Game - New Song

50 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I don't see a Madonna single being released any time soon.

She needs a big music awards show to introduce her music, so the sooner I would expect her to have a song/video out is early August for a MTV awards live performance. That would give her time to prep for a November album release and premier a new song/video with a live performance at the American Music Awards.

2018 MTV Video Music Awards ceremony

August 20, 2018, 5:00 PM PDT

http://www.mtv.com/vma

2018 American Music Awards to Air Live Tuesday, October 9

On February 13, 2018 – ABC and dick clark productions announced today that the “2018 American Music Awards,” the world’s largest fan-voted awards show, will broadcast live on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9 (8:00–11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.

https://www.theamas.com/2018/02/2018-american-music-awards-air-live-tuesday-october-9/

Or,  maybe a NIcki M featured collaboration in August presented at MTV awards and her first single in October at the AMA.  

Yes, that’s why I’ve always wanted another Q3/Q4 release. There are more new promo opportunities for her. Some of you probably think VMAs is irrelevant nowadays but if she delivers a killer performance/speech, it can go viral on social media, which will do wonders for the new era.

Unless she's featured on a Nicki song, there's no way she'll be invited to perform at the VMA. She is 40 years older than their target demographic. In terms of ageism, MTV has remained a leader. Today, as soon as you turn 30, you qualify for the Vanguard Awards.

36 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Unless she's featured on a Nicki song, there's no way she'll be invited to perform at the VMA. She is 40 years older than their target demographic. In terms of ageism, MTV has remained a leader. Today, as soon as you turn 30, you qualify for the Vanguard Awards.

You think the VMAs will turn down Madonna’s request if she wants to perform there? NOT.

It's a beautiful game!!!! 

But I'm NOT concerned!! 

Cause you 

Obsess with me 

Cause yaa

Obsess with fame! !

misheard lyrics remix

I can't with just 51 seconds on a loop the whole time now please queen rescue us all 

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

Disagree.

The VMAs would be a fantastic way to start the album campaign and introduce the lead single to the world.

IF the songs ready by August 20th she will perform no doubt about it.....why wouldn’t she? 

This would be far better to release a single off the back off than the recent MET performance wasn’t even downloaded too YouTube ! 

The VMAs are irrelevant but then again she hasn’t won a Brit or a Grammy for a decade and eat she performed at BOTH for Rebel Heart....a performance at this years VMAs would be incredible promo.

If the MTV VMAs are on August 20th, there's no doubt in my mind that she will be there and be performing in SOME capacity.... her 60th birthday is the 18th.... there has to be some kind of release around that date, either a single or the album. 

Also... for Christ's sake, she put that god damn award show ON THE MAP, whoever thinks they wouldn't let her perform there is SADLY MISTAKEN... she invented the goddamn VMAs

She needs to release at least 2 singles prior to the album IF she wants them to sell, cause no one would buy the second single if you already have the album. Hopefully they will be great songs with creative and expensive videos.

1 hour ago, blackmamba109 said:

If the MTV VMAs are on August 20th, there's no doubt in my mind that she will be there and be performing in SOME capacity.... her 60th birthday is the 18th....

Actually it's on the 16th. Flop fan! 

It definitely will be worth the wait, I'm sure.  For now, I'd say don't bother getting your hopes up.  I highly doubt it would be released as a surprise, and there's no indication from Madonna or her team that it's about to happen other than her #soon comments, which we all know could literally mean a year from now.  :lol: 

4 hours ago, elijah said:

She needs to release at least 2 singles prior to the album IF she wants them to sell, cause no one would buy the second single if you already have the album. Hopefully they will be great songs with creative and expensive videos.

Agree, at least two videos before the album is out.  This is how it's done this daisy, a new album campaign starts at least three/four months in advance with a single out every two months. Nicki has two videos/songs out now at the same time and one more in the can before the album drops in August. Katy Perry had three videos with complementary lyrics videos out and Taylor Swift had two videos and four lyrics videos before the album dropped last November.

Oh yes, hope we get some kind of lyrics videos for each single as well. Question is, is her management team able to convince her of the new way to roll out a new album?

On a adjacent topic, does anyone know if Madonna signed up with any new record label yet? I know her contract with Live Nations and Interscope ended years ago. And, I bet she is still with Oseary - Maverick/Live Nations Entertainment - for management.

Edited by CalinB

44 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Agree, at least two videos before the album is out.  This is how it's done this daisy, a new album campaign starts at least three/four months in advance with a single out every two months. Nicki has two videos/songs out now at the same time and one more in the can before the album drops in August. Katy Perry had three videos with complementary lyrics videos out and Taylor Swift had two videos and four lyrics videos before the album dropped last November.

Oh yes, hope we get some kind of lyrics videos for each single as well. Question is, is her management team able to convince her of the new way to roll out a new album?

On a adjacent topic, does anyone know if Madonna signed up with any new record label yet? I know her contract with Live Nations and Interscope ended years ago. And, I bet she is still with Oseary - Maverick/Live Nations Entertainment - for management.

I think a new record deal  will be in discussion after the music labels will see the sales of this album.

23 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I think a new record deal  will be in discussion after the music labels will see the sales of this album.

I would think she needs a record label to push the album out. Introscope did it for the last two albums. Prior was Warner Bros. (they actually did a great campaign always and promoted here heavily).

5 hours ago, Bill said:

It definitely will be worth the wait, I'm sure.  For now, I'd say don't bother getting your hopes up.  I highly doubt it would be released as a surprise, and there's no indication from Madonna or her team that it's about to happen other than her #soon comments, which we all know could literally mean a year from now.  :lol: 

You are so right Bill! I will try to curb my expectations but it will not be easy!

1 hour ago, CalinB said:

I would think she needs a record label to push the album out. Introscope did it for the last two albums. Prior was Warner Bros. (they actually did a great campaign always and promoted here heavily).

Of course they will push her new album..but if the sales are good, she will have more power in the negotiations of her new deal.

2 hours ago, CalinB said:

Question is, is her management team able to convince her of the new way to roll out a new album?

Guy?

Lol. 

I know nostalgia is a bad word around here, but I'd love Madonna to do similar to what MJ did at the 1995 VMAs... open the show with a 10-minute medley of her greatest hits (bring in JT for 4 Minutes, Nicki for BIM for example) and then perform her new single to close the show. It will get headlines, YouTube views with the featured acts, plus remind everyone under 25 where she came from. Then release the album that week. 

And before anyone says that no-one watches the VMAs any more, it's still a great platform to launch a new era and it certainly can't hurt!

The VMAs are embarrassing. Back in the day they actually had some real stars perform there but nowadays it’s mostly the flavour of the month...and Beyoncé. I don’t want Madonna near that stage ever again after they have ignored her videos for 20 years. Aren’t they inventing new stupid award categories every year? She is so much better than that, regardless of the fact that it would give her new single some exposure. I‘d prefer the Grammys, it’s the only (still) somewhat acceptable awards show.

this is wishful thinking and I posted it in the Kanye thread as well, but wouldn't it be amazing if she'd premiere the new songs through a little live show/promo tour (met gala meets confessions/music/american life promo tour)? it would be such an amazing surprise and not the literal surprise premiere of the new album.

M can perform it later on the VMAs if she wants, but for the premiere I'd love something a little special and madonna esque

3 hours ago, stevo208 said:

I'd like her to premiere and drop a new album for Glastonbury. Though I don' think she'd ever do that 

Well one would hope that they will attempt to reclaim her lost UK market at SOME point. Although you know Glastonbury would try and put her into the afternoon "legend" slot, which would probably backfire. Anyway there is no Glasto this year so it won't happen.

3 hours ago, stevo208 said:

I'd like her to premiere and drop a new album for Glastonbury. Though I don' think she'd ever do that 

She just has to play Glastonbury at least once in her career !

Its the biggest and most iconic festival in the world and it would it would be amazing promo for her especially in re connecting with her lost UK audience.

2 hours ago, Confessit said:

She just has to play Glastonbury at least once in her career !

Its the biggest and most iconic festival in the world and it would it would be amazing promo for her especially in re connecting with her lost UK audience.

If she releases next album in 3/4 quarter of this year then she could do Glastonbury next year before a tour starts or to announce one!

On 6/1/2018 at 8:21 AM, elijah said:

SO THIS!!!