Beautiful Game - New Song

Does anyone not like the title "Beautiful Game"? It sounds (to me) very trying-to-be-deep. Like a track off of Katy Perry's Witness.

It just doesn't have that simple yet iconic ring to it like "Hung Up" or "Get Together" or even "Celebration" 

59 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Does anyone not like the title "Beautiful Game"? It sounds (to me) very trying-to-be-deep. Like a track off of Katy Perry's Witness.

It just doesn't have that simple yet iconic ring to it like "Hung Up" or "Get Together" or even "Celebration" 

Oh

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

irritated.gif

On 6/9/2018 at 7:47 AM, loowee said:

Portguese influence? Check

I'm not that sure about a Portuguese music influence per se. So far, what I've seen is some lusophone meetings and jams, with Portugal working as the place where it all is happening, rather than the influence itself. Dino d'Santiago sings mornas and other sounds from Cape Green, the saxophone guy with whom M hang out plays an instrument rarely heard in Portuguese music and, with all due respect, Celeste Rodrigues seems to just be "in the picture" for who she is related to (sister of the late icon fado queen Amália Rodrigues). Even M trips to Lisbon's fado taverns look more like a time out action than research. I may be wrong, but this is how I'm seeing it all.

4 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Does anyone else get the feeling M scrapped the producers (starra) she was making music with to go in a different direction with Mirwais?

she has done this often most famously ditching babyface at the start of ray of light process for William Orbit.

No. I have a feeling Beautiful Lie was written by Madonna, Starrah and Mirwais. Probably the demo was produced by M and Billboard and then changed and finalized by Mirwais.

1 hour ago, Rock said:

I'm not that sure about a Portuguese music influence per se. So far, what I've seen is some lusophone meetings and jams, with Portugal working as the place where it all is happening, rather than the influence itself. Dino d'Santiago sings mornas and other sounds from Cape Green, the saxophone guy with whom M hang out plays an instrument rarely heard in Portuguese music and, with all due respect, Celeste Rodrigues seems to just be "in the picture" for who she is related to (sister of the late icon fado queen Amália Rodrigues). Even M trips to Lisbon's fado taverns look more like a time out action than research. I may be wrong, but this is how I'm seeing it all.

Madonna was just in the Studio with a choir of Portugease/Brazilian women. It’s safe to say those influences would be part of the album. I d really want Madonna to record some bosa nova songs and I wouldn’t be surprised if she already did.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Madonna was just in the Studio with a choir of Portugease/Brazilian women.

If you're talking about this video, none of the ones that chatted with M sounded like Portuguese or Brazilian people; their accent is from Cape Verde (the language is the same, but the country/culture is different (including music). And that's why I'm not that sure about Portugal's music influence per se. If anything, there may be some Lusophony sounds, but those come from a list of 10 countries community, not just Portugal itself.

6 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

No

Celebration... really? 

Hung up I love but it was a departure for Madonna away from serious thought provoking lyrics. 

Its so hard to find a song title these days that hasn’t already been done and I think Beautiful Game is truly inspired. 

It feels  like she coming full circle now, back to her truest self and if BG is anything like what was done at the Met ball, it will be in my opinion the best lead single since Frozen.  

Edited by hoojoo

22 hours ago, loowee said:

Sept/Oct 2018: New Album

Oct/Nov 2018: Promo Tour/Residency

Jan~May 2019: Directing Taking Flight

Fall 2019 - 2020: The Immaculate Tour

:IMG_1564:

I think Madonna can perfectly do that!!!!! And I would love it

We would finally have RESCUE ME as opening number!!!!!

7 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

Oh dear...

Why don't you take a poll? 

7 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

What does a song title have  to do with great music ? As for " trying to be deep" and comparisons to Katy Perry, that is ridiculous. Lighten up and stop criticising before you have even heard the entire song. You will never enjoy this era if already you are questioning song titles. 

A few days ago, Madonna was at the Atlântico Blue studios in Paço de Arcos, Lisbon, apparently working on her next album with Portuguese singer Dino D'Santiago and Guinean singer Kimi Djabaté, musicians with whom she had met several times in Alfama, in Lisbon night raids .
After sharing a few recordings of these meetings, Madonna has now shown to her followers of Instagram videos where she appears to dance with a group of ladies from Cape Verde.
"Dancing with the batukaderas of Cape Verde," she said.
In one of the videos, one of the dancers wishes Madonna, in Portuguese, "health, luck and happiness".

The Atlântico Blue are a complex several rooms, between studios and complementary areas, designed to concentrate in the same place all the steps of recording an album. Remember that Madonna is preparing the successor of Rebel Heart, knowing already the title of a single, 'Beautiful Game', and the producer, Mirwais.
Dino D'Santiago's music, revealed by the talent show "Operação Triunfo", went through hip-hop and today retains a strong imprint of Cape Verdean heritage. In Kimi Djabaté, born in Guiné-Bissau but headquartered in Lisbon, the coordinates are the blues and the afro-beat. The musician born 43 years ago in Tabato sings, plays guitar, balafón (a xylophone) and kora.
http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2018-06-11-Madonna-danca-com-batucadeiras-de-Cabo-Verde-veja-o-video
http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2018-06-09-Madonna-esteve-a-gravar-em-Paco-de-Arcos-com-musicos-lusofonos

In resume, the studio where she's at have all the stuff needed to record and finish an album (tracking, mixing, mastering, etc). So maybe she's close to finishing it.

Yes..so she has worked more than what we have believed so far ;)

13 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

Not sure if I should cry or laugh, seriously :rotfl:

13 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

When i first heard the snippet i did think of katy cuz it does give me that vibe of her song "who am i living for" but i like katy so that's not a bad thing.

5 hours ago, Rock said:

A few days ago, Madonna was at the Atlântico Blue studios in Paço de Arcos, Lisbon, apparently working on her next album with Portuguese singer Dino D'Santiago and Guinean singer Kimi Djabaté, musicians with whom she had met several times in Alfama, in Lisbon night raids .
After sharing a few recordings of these meetings, Madonna has now shown to her followers of Instagram videos where she appears to dance with a group of ladies from Cape Verde.
"Dancing with the batukaderas of Cape Verde," she said.
In one of the videos, one of the dancers wishes Madonna, in Portuguese, "health, luck and happiness".

The Atlântico Blue are a complex several rooms, between studios and complementary areas, designed to concentrate in the same place all the steps of recording an album. Remember that Madonna is preparing the successor of Rebel Heart, knowing already the title of a single, 'Beautiful Game', and the producer, Mirwais.
Dino D'Santiago's music, revealed by the talent show "Operação Triunfo", went through hip-hop and today retains a strong imprint of Cape Verdean heritage. In Kimi Djabaté, born in Guiné-Bissau but headquartered in Lisbon, the coordinates are the blues and the afro-beat. The musician born 43 years ago in Tabato sings, plays guitar, balafón (a xylophone) and kora.
http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2018-06-11-Madonna-danca-com-batucadeiras-de-Cabo-Verde-veja-o-video
http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2018-06-09-Madonna-esteve-a-gravar-em-Paco-de-Arcos-com-musicos-lusofonos

In resume, the studio where she's at have all the stuff needed to record and finish an album (tracking, mixing, mastering, etc). So maybe she's close to finishing it.

Great! So all we have to do now is keep Demo on the other side of the Atlantic

tarin is tagging MDNAskin. i don't know if she always does it, to refer to the makeup as she's the makeup artist, but to me it does signal to it being for MDNAskin.. which i prefer. i would love something different in terms of style for the new music

basically all this steven klein stuff is for skin line.

time is money madonna! we would seriously know if she was to film a music video. so we're still a bit aways. sigh.