Beautiful Game - New Song

On 6/8/2018 at 9:32 PM, El baron said:

+1. I secretly hope that bride/wig thing is not related with the new album :megamanson:

I can’t warm up to it. It looks very Baby Jane to me. I really hope it’s nothing to do with the album. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

#soon (2019)

I think she’s too far on with the music for it to be next year. 

I can see a November release (although I hold on for a single for her 60th birthday and a huge VMA performance).

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I can see a November release (although I hold on for a single for her 60th birthday and a huge VMA performance).

Yes I guess she s toooo far with the music  too  , she s probably working on it since October 

erm, doesn't that just mean they're looking for dates or locations just like with all tours? im sure many people via via could have made the same "news"..

the important bit I have to know is.. are they really looking for arenas or theatres? my French isn't that good to see if they're just talking about general locations (which they translate as arenas) or if it's specific locations? bordeaux or Montpellier sound very specific. are they hinting toward some sort of mini tour in France? they should be clearer and have an English page up

5 hours ago, Confessit said:

she was teasing with Rebel Heart Spring and the album dropped after Xmas next year.

I dont see a 2018 release.

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

she was teasing with Rebel Heart Spring and the album dropped after Xmas next year.

Ordinarily I would agree but not with directing commitments next year. 

First the music then a tour then she can be free for the studio to direct.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Ordinarily I would agree but not with directing commitments next year. 

First the music then a tour then she can be free for the studio to direct.

She's probably going to drop the album this fall.  Do some promotion. Direct her film and then head out on tour. 

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

There is no way that she will hold on to this material for six or seven more months after the Rebel Heart leaks.  That would put her over the year mark (that we know of) and that seems very unlikely.

21 hours ago, XXBrendonXX said:

She's probably going to drop the album this fall.  Do some promotion. Direct her film and then head out on tour. 

directing can be done in a relatively short period of time. Editing, sound mixing, etc. is what takes most of the time and takes months and months and months.

If she is scheduled to direct next year, no way in hell will she first shoot the film and then go on tour and then edit the movie. If she even tours this new album and if she is indeed slated to direct next year, then a tour must happen before principal photography of her new flick. 

44 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

directing can be done in a relatively short period of time. Editing, sound mixing, etc. is what takes most of the time and takes months and months and months.

If is scheduled to direct next year, no way in hell will she first shoot the film and then go on tour and then edit the movie. If she even tours this new album and if she is indeed slated to direct next year, then a tour must happen before principal photography of her new flick. 

I was under the impression she simply was directing the film, nothing else?  Like you mentioned, directing can take a few short months.

I still think she plans to release the album this fall and then will start directing the film by the end of this year or the beginning of next. By Spring she could be rehearsing and by late summer into the fall she can start touring.  

2 hours ago, XXBrendonXX said:

I was under the impression she simply was directing the film, nothing else?  Like you mentioned, directing can take a few short months.

I still think she plans to release the album this fall and then will start directing the film by the end of this year or the beginning of next. By Spring she could be rehearsing and by late summer into the fall she can start touring.  

Why would she break up the album era like that?

I’m sure she will release the album, singles, videos, some promo, then tour, and when she wraps the tour then she’ll start thinking about the film.

7 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Why would she break up the album era like that?

I’m sure she will release the album, singles, videos, some promo, then tour, and when she wraps the tour then she’ll start thinking about the film.

If her plan isn't to tour until next summer/fall, then she has loads of time in between to direct.  That of course, is if the film is ready to be filmed by this winter or the start of next year.  

18 hours ago, Confessit said:
5 hours ago, XXBrendonXX said:

If her plan isn't to tour until next summer/fall, then she has loads of time in between to direct.  That of course, is if the film is ready to be filmed by this winter or the start of next year.  

Well she could drop the album next month ,start the tour ( Luke some kind of theatre residency around the globe ) in summer till end of the year , moovie 2019.

A fan can dream

3 hours ago, ashtangi74 said:

Funny how we all have different opninions on when and how the new era will unfold.

i just hope she is free from pressure and just follows her heart.

I just want beautiful music. That’s all. She can take as long as she needs. 

22 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I just want beautiful music. That’s all. She can take as long as she needs. 

same here 🙂

18 hours ago, XXBrendonXX said:

Well, it’s the director’s job to see the movie through from casting until post-production which is why she would not be finished with the movie once the principal photography is done. 

At this point it is not certain if she will direct her new movie next year. Plans can change, especially in Hollywood. 

39 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Well, it’s the director’s job to see the movie through from casting until post-production which is why she would not be finished with the movie once the principal photography is done. 

At this point it is not certain if she will direct her new movie next year. Plans can change, especially in Hollywood. 

Yes, but again this could only take a few months and she's done.  I'm sure she will have a say to certain things before the principal filming begins, but a lot of that could be going on as we speak. 

50 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Abasolutley the new film will be another mammoth project for her and will take 6 months at the very least to complete. 

She has a mega studio backing this time the odds are in her favour so she will absolutely dedicate herself to the project so the music will of course come first and therefore this year to free as much of 2019 to creating the film ! 

I think the timetable is signed and sealed behind the scenes, nobody expected her to be recording this year we all expected the film first but she’s doing it the other way round and that will be based on filming commencing next year.

The only Q that remains uncertain is how a tour fit in....

My guess is the album is released this 4th quarter with promotion then she will tour early next year but I can’t see her commiting to more than 4 months so she can recover before the film project starts.

In terms of her LN deal this album & tour finishes it so I don’t think she has too commit to another mammoth 60+ date tour for 6 months !! 

Does anyone else get the feeling M scrapped the producers (starra) she was making music with to go in a different direction with Mirwais?

she has done this often most famously ditching babyface at the start of ray of light process for William Orbit.

22 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Does anyone else get the feeling M scrapped the producers (starra) she was making music with to go in a different direction with Mirwais?

she has done this often most famously ditching babyface at the start of ray of light process for William Orbit.

I see this question often and I still have no idea. Possibly? I guess we will know when we get to read the album credits.

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

In terms of her LN deal this album & tour finishes it so I don’t think she has too commit to another mammoth 60+ date tour for 6 months !! 

I know it has been debated to death, but I was under the impression that the touring portion of the LN deal has been fulfilled. She just owes Interscope one more album, no? It all depends on whether one counts Sticky as one or two separate tours, I guess. We should ask Guy :lmao:

39 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Possible but there could be other alternatives. Maybe her work  with Starrah/billboard was for Nickis album or they were always planned to just do a few songs. Perhaps something like Leonard on Ray of Light.  

I for one am excited to hear these Starrah tracks. I think Starrah and Mirwais collab would mesh well together.