Beautiful Game - New Song

There was a lot of publicity about Madonna at the Met Ball.  I saw it on every news report,  was in the papers, people were discussing the outfits and her look was praised by just about everyone.  She looked beautiful, sounded wonderful and it was magical as a fan to see.     There was a great buzz from everyone, including other superstars who were there.  Footage of her arriving with JPG and then talk of her brilliant performance and talk of new music was exciting.   Should have been capitalised on MUCH more by her management.   I watched it live on this forum and everyone was here.  It was super exciting.  I know this era is going to be incredible - watching Madonna that day at the Met Ball showed me that as was truly wonderful.   I wish that there was more follow up as this deserved it.   Her management really need to get their act together. 

Yes, people whipped themselves into a delusional frenzy on here creating a whole series of expectations based on rumours about the Met gala only to see nothing materialize and now complain about being dissapointed. Meanwhile, anyone who questioned the likelihood of any of these things happening prior to the Met gala was    totally shredded for being “negative”...

5 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Yes, people whipped themselves into a delusional frenzy on here creating a whole series of expectations based on rumours about the Met gala only to see nothing materialize and now complain about being dissapointed. Meanwhile, anyone who questioned the likelihood of any of these things happening prior to the Met gala was    totally shredded for being “negative”...

I think it is more people seeing how great it was and wanting more as a follow up.  The coverage I saw  -  people being star struck plus genuine excitement and love for Madonna - was very positive.   Then the performance itself was stunning and had fans both excited and emotional.  We all are waiting for Madonna's new music and performances and I only see that as a good thing.  We just need her management etc to capitalise on it all. 

3 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

It was a thing of beauty and I’m sure whatever follows will be as well

5386E420-8236-443A-B437-7F1B808D1F8F.jpeg

I think this era will be incredible.  I hope #soon is very soon !  

2 hours ago, Marco said:

I just noticed that Till Death Do Us Part is your favorite M song. It’s on my Top 10 of all-time faves. 😍

I love that song so much. Bittersweet perfection. :inlove:

Guest Marco
1 minute ago, Lolo said:

I love that song so much. Bittersweet perfection. :inlove:

If M ever did a Deep Cuts tour, she’d have to include it in the setlist. 💝

8 minutes ago, Marco said:

If M ever did a Deep Cuts tour, she’d have to include it in the setlist. 💝

I made my peace with the thought of never hearing it live, it’s not even a general fan favorite, so I guess she’ll never perform it. 

Guest Marco

To stay on this thread’s topic, I’m 100% sure Beautiful Game will become an instant fan favorite and many of us will look forward to see M perform the full version live. 

4 hours ago, strictmachine said:

Agreed.

Ive read some very over enthusiastic posts across the forum about MET being this huge media moment for her when in reality it was a one-off performance for the privalliged few who attended.

The footage has never been released officially and we have a handful of clips that have been shared.

Whilst I agree it was a fantastic moment for her it wasn’t hardly the best platform to drop new music. Far better to launch a new single on an awards show with a recorded performance or a huge TV show that’s the kind of exposure she deserves for her new music.

If the music isn’t ready (which it obviously isn’t) then no body is to blame, it means that we got a fantastic appreance from the Queen with an extra performance whilst she finished her music in the background. 

Tis all. I wait with excitement for her to properly unveil her new music on a huge platform soon.

The MET gala takes place on a specific date that does not necessarily match with the roll out of the new era. If the album is not ready I don't see what could have been done to maintain momentum. It was a great moment on its own and that's enough for me.

41 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

The MET gala takes place on a specific date that does not necessarily match with the roll out of the new era. If the album is not ready I don't see what could have been done to maintain momentum. It was a great moment on its own and that's enough for me.

+1

I do love the excitement of fans though.  Excitement on seeing the Met Ball performance,  excitement about how she looked and wondering if that is a theme for the album.  Then the anticipation for the release of music.   Far better for fans to be excited and craving her new music than just thinking "Meh whatever"   

20 hours ago, Nikki said:

Someone whose been right many times said its fake.. he also threw a hint around about a date.

omg could you link me??? i have not seen this.

Let’s remember that her arrival at Met Gala, which many of you watched live, was a completely different moment from her performance at Met Gala, which was not live nor shown in high quality anywhere after. Vogue.com teased us a little bit, and it didn’t go anywhere after that. And only fans knew of it anyway. The main focus with this whole Met Gala thing everywhere was Rhiana and her newspaper hat. Then Madonna and everyone else. M’s performance was mentioned sometimes but mainly news coverage was more interested in talking about her arrival in her majestic black dress and a beautiful crown. So even if her management wanted to build on the Met Gala momentum to market her new single, it wouldn’t have worked. It would have been a disaster. People would have been confused. The performance was not recorded in good quality, not a lot of people even knew about it. As much as us fans wanted something more to come out of this, it was also clear that the Met Gala performance was just not practical enough to be a platform for a new single release. So now we just have to wait and see what’s next. 

3 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Eurovision final 2019 new single?

In Israel? The return of Esther!

I've absolutely no idea when anything will be released though. Could happen on Friday, could be next year 🤷

EXCLUSIVE RUMOUR FROM FORBIDDENMADONNA.COM

1st Single: "BEAUTIFUL GAME" - Friday 17 August
Album: MAGIC - Friday 16 November

Possibly 2nd single in October

2 minutes ago, Suedy said:

uhhhh why did you post this? I got excited for sec! I thought it was an actual rumour.

1 minute ago, Suedy said:

it sounds right but we should wait for so long..

Just now, Suedy said:

Sorry!

SORRY !! 

I mean, it's okay to joke with these rumours of course, but this one seemed believable until I saw you mention the website 😉

I asked my psychic auntie if she could foresee the exact date of the album release and she said that when she focused on Madonna, there was literally nothing there. Like Madonna doesn’t know herself about the date. But when she focused on the great river of time she saw new music from Maronna released soon. I’m wondering if Madonna and my auntie are looking into the same time sphere 😂

People chill.

Sooner or later she drops the single.  Be patient. Dont thinking about it to much and when you least expect she release that smash hit.  Now relax, enjoy the summer, live your lives. 😉

I don't believe the Met Gala was meant for a stepping stone for what's to come.  I just think it was a one off deal which pretty much the fan base knows about, hoping for more footage of an event that isn't meant for the public. I think Madonna is proud how it turned out and now is using it to generate a little positive publicity and possibly generate a bit of anticipation for her new album.

She films everything, but not everything is intended for the fans or the public.  Though a part of me is wishing she's been filming aspects of her life for the last few years for some retrospective documentary.  Wishful thinking on my part, but there was some footage that I'd love in High quality before and during the Rebel Heart tour. For instance, that whole surprise appearance in France after the tragic terror attack and the Hillary Clinton support concert in Central Park.  She also filmed some great footage in Cuba a couple a years back on her Birthday as well as more recently some cool local performances in Portugal.