MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frzndrwnwrld

Pop Stars Who Haven't Realized They Aren't Famous Anymore

I found this amusing.

I can name so many others that deserve to be on that vid. Christina, Britney, Janet, Gwen Stefani, Shakira, Kelly Clarkson and the top two: Moomoo and Gags. Overall good video, but a better title would've been titled "Pop Stars Who Haven't Realized They're Not Relevant Anymore". They're still famous as in people still know who they are but they are not relevant anymore. 

gaga should top that list

Meeehhh that video just seemed to be displaying how the music industry has changed. Fame and having massive hits don’t seem to go hand in hand anymore. For example what was Beyoncé latest hit single?? Has she had one recently?? Yet it seems like she’s biggest star on earth 🙄

.....also I think it displays how irrelevant the charts are now. Comparing hits artists had in 2000 to sales today isn’t really fair. People are consuming music on so many different platforms, at different time frames, it just can’t be compared. 

4 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Fame and having massive hits don’t seem to go hand in hand anymore. For example what was Beyoncé latest hit single?? Has she had one recently??

Yet it seems like she’s biggest star on earth 🙄

I know, right!? Aint it great?

Related image

7 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Meeehhh that video just seemed to be displaying how the music industry has changed. Fame and having massive hits don’t seem to go hand in hand anymore. For example what was Beyoncé latest hit single?? Has she had one recently?? Yet it seems like she’s biggest star on earth 🙄

Same for Kanye West & Chris Brown.

I guess some people out of this forum would put Madonna on that list to.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:35 PM, Jitterbug said:

I guess some people out of this forum would put Madonna on that list to.

And they would be wrong. One thing is successful and the other famous. And even if they mean successful they would still be wrong. 

Madonna will always be famous, so she wouldn't be on that list. If it was about relevance, unfortunately, a lot of the general public would probably put her on that list. There's been a lot of underappreciation for M these past few years.

Maybe with this era the penny will finally drop..

A5087F29-F37B-4DD3-ABA9-493C6A5E632D.jpeg

Madonna's legacy is set in stone. It make me laugh when people try to dismiss her. She's outlasted every other music star/group from her original era. Just look at the stats of US Top 10 Hits from some of her more popular contemporaries:

Madonna - Last Top 10 hit was in 2012 (GMAYL). Even 4 Minutes in 2008 and Hung Up in 2005 are more recent than the rest (except Mariah who had her first Top 10 six years after Madonna had her first). 
Mariah - 2009
Michael Jackson - 2001 (Last one before his death) Had a Top 10 in 2014 posthumously.
Janet - 2001
Whitney - 1999 (Star Spangled Banner hit Top 10 in 2001 after 9/11 and I Will Always Love  You re-entered after her death in 2012)
U2 - 1997
George Michael - 1996
Bon Jovi - 1994
Prince - 1994
Bruce Springsteen - 1994

6 hours ago, DeMo said:

Madonna's legacy is set in stone. It make me laugh when people try to dismiss her. She's outlasted every other music star/group from her original era. Just look at the stats of US Top 10 Hits from some of her more popular contemporaries:

Madonna - Last Top 10 hit was in 2012 (GMAYL). Even 4 Minutes in 2008 and Hung Up in 2005 are more recent than the rest (except Mariah who had her first Top 10 six years after Madonna had her first). 
Mariah - 2009
Michael Jackson - 2001 (Last one before his death) Had a Top 10 in 2014 posthumously.
Janet - 2001
Whitney - 1999 (Star Spangled Banner hit Top 10 in 2001 after 9/11 and I Will Always Love  You re-entered after her death in 2012)
U2 - 1997
George Michael - 1996
Bon Jovi - 1994
Prince - 1994
Bruce Springsteen - 1994

U2s last top ten hit in the US was 1997? Wow! Shocked at some of these!