MadonnaNation.com Forums
jonski43

Kanye West

His comments about slavery being a choice are unforgivable.   Mental illness or not, that kind of talk is intolerable.  He should be ashamed of himself.  

2 hours ago, Gus said:

OMG!!!! Too fucking funny

I was kind of wondering when we were gonna start a Kanye thread... 

to be honest i don't think kanye is being out of line. i feel like...MOST? of us want to say things but back down from doing so because we don't have his privilege. we  get to think before we say because we don't have the money for security.  so i think in his head he thinks its ok to spew his thoughts. i think he is learning at the same time. i think we all are learning.

the real world is much different from kanyes current lifestyle. this reminds me in a way, of American Life.

to silence him would be a mistake. if he is willing to take the shit that comes with what he says, let him. he has the money for that kind of security until we all get to a place where it is ok to share any thought that leads to all of our equality and well being.

8 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

to silence him would be a mistake. if he is willing to take the shit that comes with what he says, let him.

True! 

Kanye's music hasn't grabbed me in years, but he's consistently been an unfiltered loud mouth since his debut. A PG-13 Yeezy would be no fun at all  :dazed:

2 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Kanye's music hasn't grabbed me in years

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was his last great album. This will forever be his finest jam:

33 minutes ago, Marco said:

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was his last great album. This will forever be his finest jam:

Greatness 👌🏾

His first few albums are STILL classics; the newer output is very... electronic, but not in a good way! Souless noise with samples that don’t quite fit.

His wordplay has diminished too!

1 hour ago, IsaacHarris said:

Greatness 👌🏾

His first few albums are STILL classics; the newer output is very... electronic, but not in a good way! Souless noise with samples that don’t quite fit.

His wordplay has diminished too!

His only song I liked post-MBDTF:

1 minute ago, Marco said:

His only song I liked post-MBDTF:

THIS BEAT IS RIDICULOUS 🔥🔥🔥

On 5/7/2018 at 10:33 AM, Marco said:

:bow: MBDTF is a masterpiece.

Overrated piece of shit 💩 

11 minutes ago, runa said:

Overrated piece of shit 💩 

praise you. thank god I am not the only one who thinks this

Oh FOR FUCK’S SAKES!  👎

https://people.com/music/pusha-t-kanye-west-bought-photo-whitney-houston-bathroom/

Kanye West Spent $85,000 on Photo of Whitney Houston’s Drug-Covered Bathroom for Pusha T's Album

ALEXIA FERNANDEZ 

May 24, 2018 08:22 PM

Kanye West is once again courting controversy.

On Tuesday, the “Power” rapper, 40, revealed the new cover art for Pusha T’s upcoming album DAYTONA – which West produced.

The new release’s cover features a contentious photograph of Whitney Houston‘s bathroom taken secretly by a family member in 2006 as the late singer struggled with drug addiction.

And, Pusha T has revealed the image cost West a lot of money.

The rapper told Entertainment Weekly on Thursday that the album art “definitely does match the energy of my album.”

“I feel like the cover represents an organized chaos. The energy of the album is a bit chaotic, but it’s all in place,” he continued. “Looks at that cover, I’m sure whoever frequents that bathroom or area knew whatever they wanted to find and knew where it was.

Pusha T, 41, appeared on The Angie Martinez Show on Wednesday to promote his album, which comes out Friday and revealed West had called him with last minute changes to the album cover’s artwork.

“He changed my artwork last night at 1 a.m. He wasn’t feeling it,” the rapper told radio host Angie Martinez. “[Originally], the artwork — it was pictures that we all agreed on.”

“He picked the photographer, I took these pictures, I was like, ‘Yo, these are fresh.’ I picked all of these pictures out, he had a little edit to it, how he wanted the actual grading of the picture to look. Picked the picture, great, we look, boom, boom, boom, it’s good.”

Despite their agreement on the artwork, Pusha T said that all changed when West called him in the early morning hours.

“One a.m., my phone rings. No caller ID. [He says,] ‘Hey, yeah, I think we should change the artwork. And I like this other artwork. And this other artwork is 85 grand,'” he recalled.

“I said, ‘Hey, I don’t want to pay for that and I wasn’t even going to ask you to pay for that. We picked what we picked, it’s here, it’s ready,'” he continued, adding West told him, “‘No, this is what people need to see to go along with this music. Imma pay for that.’ I say, ‘You my man! You my man!'”

The “Mercy” rapper said that while the change began as a surprise to him, he quickly took to West’s idea.

“I love it, I actually do love it. [But] I absolutely did not want to pay for it,” he said, laughing. 

In 2006, the National Enquirer featured the photo showing Houston’s bathroom filled with drug-covered spoons and drug paraphernalia on its cover.

NEcover-66.jpg

On 25 May 2018 at 12:54 PM, Magician said:

Oh FOR FUCK’S SAKES!  👎

So disrespectful to Whitney Houston. He definitely is doing things just to offend.  Sinks lower and lower all the time. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So disrespectful to Whitney Houston. He definitely is doing things just to offend.  Sinks lower and lower all the time. 

This was done to get media attention and sure enough it succeeded - i think it is in absolutely appalling taste, as with most things that this narcissistic man says and does

it cannot be more disgusting and distastefull than this.

though where is Bobby Brown ? Why not intervene and reject this, and report to go to court ???

Of course hes happy to get his money right

31 minutes ago, jaron said:

it cannot be more disgusting and distastefull than this.

though where is Bobby Brown ? Why not intervene and reject this, and report to go to court ???

Of course hes happy to get his money right

to buy drugs..

it's an ugly pic anyway. he should have chosen that surgeon pic 

Db4fqjkUQAANEQ9.jpg

he just can't articulate himself properly. I sorta like that he's so outspoken and anti pc even if I don't agree with it

I actually like the cover, just as a picture taken out of context.

But I agree that his intentions don’t go further than cause controversy for the sake of attention and promo. 

If hes so outspoken why not trashing the likes of R Kelly instead of relying on dead legends drug scandals sensationalism to get views?

13 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

If hes so outspoken why not trashing the likes of R Kelly instead of relying on dead legends drug scandals sensationalism to get views?

this !!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I don’t know but people apparently ALL think he is mental and would probably come to defend those who get ‘attacked’ by him. Remember the Taylor incident. He would do Kelly a favor.

4 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I don’t know but people apparently ALL think he is mental and would probably come to defend those who get ‘attacked’ by him. Remember the Taylor incident. He would do Kelly a favor.

But thats my point. He always picks the wrong battles. 

Kanye is again named a genius/expert for basically putting together music and samples that already exist. I really don't get the praise he gets at all. he's more of a remixer/sampler and has LOTS of collaborators. Kanye's hype is the definition of sexism in the industry.

This new album is in line with what he become over the last 2 years: disturbed, confused, scattered, uninteresting and having nothing to say. The only true quality of the album is to be better than the two frightful songs released a month ago (which are not even on the album).

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

Kanye is again named a genius/expert for basically putting together music and samples that already exist. I really don't get the praise he gets at all. he's more of a remixer/sampler and has LOTS of collaborators. Kanye's hype is the definition of sexism in the industry.

What does that even mean?