MadonnaNation.com Forums

If hes so outspoken why not trashing the likes of R Kelly instead of relying on dead legends drug scandals sensationalism to get views?

13 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

If hes so outspoken why not trashing the likes of R Kelly instead of relying on dead legends drug scandals sensationalism to get views?

this !!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I don’t know but people apparently ALL think he is mental and would probably come to defend those who get ‘attacked’ by him. Remember the Taylor incident. He would do Kelly a favor.

4 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I don’t know but people apparently ALL think he is mental and would probably come to defend those who get ‘attacked’ by him. Remember the Taylor incident. He would do Kelly a favor.

But thats my point. He always picks the wrong battles. 

Kanye is again named a genius/expert for basically putting together music and samples that already exist. I really don't get the praise he gets at all. he's more of a remixer/sampler and has LOTS of collaborators. Kanye's hype is the definition of sexism in the industry.

This new album is in line with what he become over the last 2 years: disturbed, confused, scattered, uninteresting and having nothing to say. The only true quality of the album is to be better than the two frightful songs released a month ago (which are not even on the album).

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

Kanye is again named a genius/expert for basically putting together music and samples that already exist. I really don't get the praise he gets at all. he's more of a remixer/sampler and has LOTS of collaborators. Kanye's hype is the definition of sexism in the industry.

What does that even mean?

10 minutes ago, Toni said:

What does that even mean?

I should have not singled him out cuz they do it with all men, though he's labeled a genius way too easily.

it means that he gets all the credit for his productions even though he's working with many people. you never see anyone questioning his talent because he's a man. EVERY woman in the industry is questioned about her input.

I listened to his new song and I swear I heard most of it years ago in other songs. I'm not sure what's so genius about putting a lot of samples together.

17 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I should have not singled him out cuz they do it with all men, though he's labeled a genius way too easily.

it means that he gets all the credit for his productions even though he's working with many people. you never see anyone questioning his talent because he's a man. EVERY woman in the industry is questioned about her input.

I listened to his new song and I swear I heard most of it years ago in other songs. I'm not sure what's so genius about putting a lot of samples together.

Agree. Plus he is so often excused for his dreadful behaviour. It happens too often. How can anyone say slavery is a choice and have it shrugged off as Kanye being Kanye. Or use Whitney's drug den years later as an album cover. Kanye seemed to have got  his act together a few years back but is back to his offensive pointless stuff again. 

6 hours ago, Nikki said:

And ego.

Lol she went off in this tweet thread. Go in the tweet to read her replies.

is he releasing the album in a classic way, or is it another life of pablo only for the streaming?

3 hours ago, promise to try said:

is he releasing the album in a classic way, or is it another life of pablo only for the streaming?

I heard on the radio that they had a secret location for his fans to go to in the middle of nowhere and he jammed with them to the songs in the dark.. it sounded nice.

goes hand in hand with the idea I have (which is total wishful thinking) that M can premiere her songs through one of those little promo shows she used to do.. I'd love if she'd surprise us, and just say to go to a secret location and that we'd get the new album in live form (with a livestream) and have it released a few hours after

it's quite good actually ,my favourite track is ghosttown

20 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree. Plus he is so often excused for his dreadful behaviour. It happens too often. How can anyone say slavery is a choice and have it shrugged off as Kanye being Kanye. Or use Whitney's drug den years later as an album cover. Kanye seemed to have got  his act together a few years back but is back to his offensive pointless stuff again. 

I think Kanye can say whatever he wants, but it's telling how there's selective outrage with the critics. it's the same everywhere "he's a trump supporter/bipolar but also a musical genius"

no he isn't.. I actually think his character is more interesting than his work

51 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

it's quite good actually ,my favourite track is ghosttown

totally agree... i think the writing and production are top-notch. it's def an abstract art piece at times, but i dig it.

I....love the album. It's like an art piece, not really something for radio. Definitely meant to incite reaction.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

I think Kanye can say whatever he wants, but it's telling how there's selective outrage with the critics. it's the same everywhere "he's a trump supporter/bipolar but also a musical genius"

no he isn't.. I actually think his character is more interesting than his work

you see, for me, it's totally the opposite. I always found his personality unbearable but his work has always been from good to great before this album. But even here, it's still interesting to listen to how mental illness is inherent to the DNA of this messy album.

The production is top notch. Always the case with Kanye. He's a master in the studio and always has been. 

The album is total shit though. It's a bloated display of narcissism that rivals Donald Trump. And that's pretty fucking hard to top.

Kanye himself is, and always has been, an insufferable bastard. But he's breathtakingly brilliant at playing the media and writing his own narrative. Very few celebrities are able to do what he does when it comes to creating their own press.  Madonna was able to, but she was also able to remain stable - at least in the spotlight - while doing so. Trump does it with such ease that it's incredible the media still falls for it. 

He says (the shit about slavery, Bush doesn't like black people) and does (Jumping on stage with Taylor) shit that shatters social norms which feeds the ravenous social media audience and forces people to take sides. Sound familiar? Him and his wife are pioneers of our celebrity culture. 

And to me, that's what he'll always be known for.  

23 hours ago, Nikki said:

On 6/1/2018 at 9:29 PM, Nikki said:

:thumbsup::smooch: very important post,brava Nikki,he's the perfect example

16 hours ago, Martin B. said:

you see, for me, it's totally the opposite. I always found his personality unbearable but his work has always been from good to great before this album. But even here, it's still interesting to listen to how mental illness is inherent to the DNA of this messy album.

16 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

The production is top notch. Always the case with Kanye. He's a master in the studio and always has been. 

The album is total shit though. It's a bloated display of narcissism that rivals Donald Trump. And that's pretty fucking hard to top.

Kanye himself is, and always has been, an insufferable bastard. But he's breathtakingly brilliant at playing the media and writing his own narrative. Very few celebrities are able to do what he does when it comes to creating their own press.  Madonna was able to, but she was also able to remain stable - at least in the spotlight - while doing so. Trump does it with such ease that it's incredible the media still falls for it. 

He says (the shit about slavery, Bush doesn't like black people) and does (Jumping on stage with Taylor) shit that shatters social norms which feeds the ravenous social media audience and forces people to take sides. Sound familiar? Him and his wife are pioneers of our celebrity culture. 

And to me, that's what he'll always be known for.  

ON. POINT.

After the disappointment of last week, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of Kids See Ghosts.

Greatest showman stopped him from getting the no. 1 in the UK.

The irony.

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Greatest showman stopped him from getting the no. 1 in the UK.

The irony.

what's so special about greatest showman anyway?

15 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

what's so special about greatest showman anyway?

No idea but it's been huge here in the UK. People singing along at the cinema.

The only songs I've heard have been awful wailing Snowflake shite.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, Martin B. said:

After the disappointment of last week, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of Kids See Ghosts.

is it better than his solo album?

35 minutes ago, promise to try said:

is it better than his solo album?

Much, much better.

All seven tracks on the controversial rapper's "Ye" album debuted on Billboard's Top 40 chart this week. The song "Yikes" came in the highest, charting at No. 8 on the Top 10. "All Mine" just missed that list, coming in at No. 11. "Ghost Town" debuted at No. 16, "Wouldn't Leave" at No. 25, "Violent Crimes" at No. 27, "I Thought About Killing You" at No. 28, and "No Mistakes" at No. 36.

keep in mind that he didn't release any single ,any video and he does not been played on the radii. The power of streaming!!