Madonna working on new music - cont.

But maybe she will perform it and announce it to be released on platforms next Friday so she has the whole week to generate buzz, the tracking starts every Friday and if she wants to deliver the biggest impact on Billboard she needs to release the single in iTunes, Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music and the video on YouTube, only with all of those combined she can chart on the Hot 100.

I don’t care if she sings Hey you, I’m excited about the fact that she’s attending, that this years theme fits her so well and that she’s recording music and can meet singers/producers on the gala that can add something to her record in NYC.

Surely magic is the name of the album. The song Magic will be great but will only be in the deluxe version and not a single. 

😫

whatever happens, I’m ready. 

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Surely magic is the name of the album. The song Magic will be great but will only be in the deluxe version and not a single. 

😫

whatever happens, I’m ready. 

rebel heart (the song) was an issue indeed. that album will forever be remembered by all leaks and mess around it.  i feel, and hope, this time it's not gonna be messy

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Single release on the 8th doesn't make sense. It's in the middle of a tracking  week.  Friday would be better. 

This seems like the worst kept secret to us but I'm surprised not one news outlet has picked up on her performing. I'm happy they can keep something a secret though.

I am not sure how things are today with digital formats, but back when everything was still physical, Mondays were new-release days for the UK, Tuesdays for the US. 

6 minutes ago, CMoody said:

I am not sure how things are today with digital formats, but back when everything was still physical, Mondays were new-release days for the UK, Tuesdays for the US. 

A couple years ago the entire music industry moved to Friday releases. All new songs/albums are released Friday at 12am.   Some are released Thursday but iTunes and Spotify don't update until Friday.   Her releasing on Tuesday would mean it would 100% not chart. At least in the US/UK. 

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

A couple years ago the entire music industry moved to Friday releases. All new songs/albums are released Friday at 12am.   Some are released Thursday but iTunes and Spotify don't update until Friday.   Her releasing on Tuesday would mean it would 100% not chart. At least in the US/UK. 

Ah, okay. I did notice that things had changed, but wasn't following close enough to really know the details. Thank you for clarifying! 🙂

4 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

It's kind of crazy that we're talking about a new song being released within the next few days and NO ONE has any idea what it's going to sound like.

Love it !   The element of surprise is something that is almost lost in today's world.   Lovely to have this happening with Madonna.   Anticipation, excitement and just enough little clues to keep us guessing without fully knowing. 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Love it !   The element of surprise is something that is almost lost in today's world.   Lovely to have this happening with Madonna.   Anticipation, excitement and just enough little clues to keep us guessing without fully knowing. 

i think that the anticipation and exicetement is quite closed to this forum, ppl don't think she's performing a new song...

Instead of American Life 2...perhaps it’s Like A Prayer 2....next year is c9ming up on 30 years

Maybe MAGIC is the cover? She could be covering any number of songs with that title... the most recent ones I can think of were B.o.B. feat. Rivers Cuomo, and then Coldplay also had a song with that title a couple albums ago. (I think I watched the video for Coldplay’s and it was kind of cute, with a very old-fashioned take on magic — and black-and-white silent film style, with a mini-narrative of love and escape. I don’t know. Wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t so bad.)

I’m just kidding by the way. I imagine it’s quite possible either the new song or new album is called Magic. Perhaps both. I’m all for that. I always liked Music in that regard, and Magic, well, it just might do the trick! :wink:

I have HIGH expectations because...MADONNA. However, the Queen is going to have her work cut out for her because one of my all time favorite songs is Olivia Newton John's MAGIC from the XANADU movie soundtrack. It's got to be GREAT!

xanadu5.jpg

33 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

I have HIGH expectations because...MADONNA. However, the Queen is going to have her work cut out for her because one of my all time favorite songs is Olivia Newton John's MAGIC from the XANADU movie soundtrack. It's got to be GREAT!

xanadu5.jpg

I’ve always loved that song. 

Mans perhaps the Beatles cover is the magical mystery tour (just for an entrance). 

56 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

xanadu5.jpg

One of my favourite songs too !  :inlove: