Madonna working on new music - cont.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, caba1 said:

Tell us more Mensch! Did that person who told you about it heard the song or just a snippet? Did he/she like it? What was his/her feeling about it? 

Alls that was said was that she was rehearsing a new song for the Met Gala! That’s ALL I know. And I trust the info cause I saw the text screenshots about it and they work in the industry and she wouldn’t have made it up. 

Hallelujah would be Trolldonna supreme 😁

I'm very excited but I too have my doubts whether we're really going to hear a brandnew song come Monday...I think a cover would be a more likely choice, maybe something akin to Between The Bars or If I Had a Hammer  - which would also explain why Mensch's friend thought it would be a new song, as these songs aren't really well-known...M's covered plenty of rather unknown songs in the past.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, Mensch said:

Alls that was said was that she was rehearsing a new song for the Met Gala! That’s ALL I know. And I trust the info cause I saw the text screenshots about it and they work in the industry and she wouldn’t have made it up. 

Is your friend a fan of Lady Gaga? I'm looking for a taste level here.

16 minutes ago, danorbit said:

This is his post on Facebook. To be it seems he's just speculating and knows nothing...

A non-Vegas residency!!! :rotfl:

Who is this person?????? 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Who is this person?????? 

just search his name and you'll see he has met lots of people. he's known in madonnaland..and he seems like a nice guy

On 5/3/2018 at 12:57 PM, Mensch said:

Any chance you could blur out the names or whatever and share the screenshots with us? Personally, I believe you! I’m just curious what the texts were about and I hope the new song will be live so everyone can see it! 

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Who is this person?????? 

He wrote the Madonna Encyclopedia. He’s interviewed Madonna and had connections with Liz R. Not saying that means he has access now for this particular instance, but he does have other connections, as Nikki said. He could have heard something through other (non-Madonna) circles.

Carrying over from the other thread, we have several members who are indicating their contacts confirm Madonna is rehearsing with dancers for a Met Gala performance. The song is not recognized as an old Madonna song. 

That’s all we know — and Matthew Rettenmund’s info or conjecture doesn’t necessarily conflict. Not mutually exclusive.

Doing a performance with dancers and singing Hallelujah don't seem to go together. I don't see how both of those can be true. 

But I can see her doing a cover. I don't think the Met Gala is the ideal place to promote a brand new song since it's not open to the public or nationally televised. 

5 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Doing a performance with dancers and singing Hallelujah don't seem to go together. I don't see how both of those can be true. 

But I can see her doing a cover. I don't think the Met Gala is the ideal place to promote a brand new song since it's not open to the public or nationally televised. 

That’s what I also thought. I’m completely divided right now. It could go either way. All we can do at this point, really, is just wait and see 😏

Someone said Katy Perry performed more than one song last year. We have no idea what’s in store. She has used dancers on unlikely songs (even ballads) before.

Here's an article on past Met Ball performances. It does seem they are pretty brief, just one song. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vogue.com/article/best-met-gala-music-performances/amp

49 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Who is this person?????? 

I wouldn’t mind her doing a residency tour either, like Björk did.  Maybe in like 8-12 cities worldwide.  She needs to build demand back up as her live revenues have been declining.  This is a way to do that, but the show would have to be spectacular.  Then she could do a large scale tour for the next album.

8 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Here's an article on past Met Ball performances. It does seem they are pretty brief, just one song. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vogue.com/article/best-met-gala-music-performances/amp

Fascinating... that most of us had zero idea they were performing :lmao:

We were so mesmerised with Madonna's clothes and slaying the red carpet that what was happening inside was usually all about Madonna speaking with somebody or Madonna doing that mini clip in that video tunnel or Madonna this and that. And it turns out that Gaga did it in 2010! :lmao: Even Kanye or Rihanna! 

And last year, the only thing I remember about music in the MET was when Celine Dion started singing in the palace! 

3 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I wouldn’t mind her doing a residency tour either, like Björk did.  Maybe in like 8-12 cities worldwide.  She needs to build demand back up as her live revenues have been declining.  This is a way to do that, but the show would have to be spectacular.  Then she could do a large scale tour for the next album.

I think that would be a great idea. It would give more fans the chance to see her, including those who aren't able to travel long distances while still performing in smaller venues. Performing in smaller venues would give her a chance to do a different kind of softer music that might not sound good in stadiums and arenas. Fans complain about her uptempo dance heavy direction of recent years, but a lot of that was driven by the fact that she was touring a lot in larger venues which are more suited to that kind of music. When she did more ballads in the 90s touring wasn't as important and she wasn't touring as much. 

I will say a cover wouldn’t be completely out of the question, although it sounds like it is a new song from the way things are being worded. 

This is the deal...my friend’s FRIEND is involved in styling, not dancing with her. So that person is seeing everything obviously. I won’t post anything specific. It’s something someone would get fired for. 

27 minutes ago, adirondak said:

If her ticket sales are declining it's because prices remain sky high.

15 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I will say a cover wouldn’t be completely out of the question, although it sounds like it is a new song from the way things are being worded. 

This is the deal...my friend’s FRIEND is involved in styling, not dancing with her. So that person is seeing everything obviously. I won’t post anything specific. It’s something someone would get fired for. 

And you shouldn't. Just share what you can!

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

Where did this whole "performing with dancers" rumor generate from? 

24 minutes ago, Mensch said:

You did a lot 😉

A cover? 

Sigh.

I guess it's better than nothing. I think we can forget any speculation on the release of a surprise single the next day if it’s a cover. 

Madonna needs to think more outside the box, as she would say, when releasing material. but if its a cover song and her old hits it would be great.

does this mean anna wintour doesnt hate her?!?!?

Just now, tuckeye said:

Madonna needs to think more outside the box, as she would say, when releasing material. but if its a cover song and her old hits it would be great.

does this mean anna wintour doesnt hate her?!?!?

Anna Wintour is going to leave Vogue, so she is less relevant :)

46 minutes ago, loowee said:

Where did this whole "performing with dancers" rumor generate from? 

That’s not a rumor. That’s a def. 

and i I never said it was a cover. Forget the cover. 

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Katy Perry did a 20+min set last year

Thanks, @Gus!

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Thank you, @Mensch! Please know whatever you share is fully appreciated! And we can understand completely that there are limits to what can be shared. 

51 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

And you shouldn't. Just share what you can!

+1

43 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

You did a lot 😉

+1

17 minutes ago, Barbie said:

So it went from new song to a cover. And not an actual tour but a residency. 

l5qssvZ.gif

:lol:

I know! Things are dire in this world when fans are happy with residencies :lmao: