Terrifying Moment Lion Savagely Attacks An Elderly Man

Elderly man is dragged away and attacked by a lion in front of screaming onlookers after wandering into its enclosure at wildlife park

An elderly man was mauled by a huge male lion at a wildlife park in a shocking incident caught on film.

The clip, believed to have been filmed on Saturday at the Marakele Predator Park in South Africa, shows the man entering the lion's enclosure.

Almost instantly the big cat spots the elderly man, believed to be the owner of the park, and gives chase.

Witnesses watch in horror as the animal pursues the man towards the metal door to the pen at the park nine kilometers from Thabazimbi.

Onlookers scream as he is dragged back by the beast. The hulking animal claws at the elderly man - who goes limp in its grip.

The lion drags the man farther into the enclosure, into some bushes and onlookers scream for help.

Then, suddenly, a shot rings out - thought to be from a warden's gun. The lion drops its prey and runs for cover. It is unclear if the man is dead.

A woman is heard howling in horror at what she has just witnessed while another man is heard shouting 'get a rifle'.The elderly man remains in a critical condition.

The big cat has reportedly been put down in the wake of the grisly attack. 

Thanks to him wandering into the cat's enclosure, that beautiful creature is now dead for simply doing what comes naturally. STUPID, STUPID Man.  😠

Keep wild animals out of cages.

If you can't, expect nothing less when you decide to go in the cage with them.

This beautiful animal is dead for doing what lions do.  Fuck people.  

That was heart breaking and horrible to see, especially with the audio of the terror and despair of the woman who witnessed it. Tragic all round for all involved - the elderly man,  his family, the on lookers and the beautiful lion that was shot. I always feel sorry  for elderly people as see them so often make judgement mistakes with their safety.   Such a horrible thing to happen. 

Call me callous, but I really don't any sympathy for people who willingly put themselves face to face with these wild animals. They're.....wild animals. They can attack on a dime and kill in an instant. I don't know what kind of society we've become when human beings seem to forget this. 

I feel for the family members who had to watch such a tragedy unfold, but no, if you want to take your chance with these beasts, you deserve everything that's coming to you. 

The daily mail just posted a follow up story with the old man sitting in bed with a huge grin plastered across his face.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5681447/Family-Briton-mauled-lion-devastated-animal-shot-killed.html

It clearly hasn't sunk in that his stupidity is what caused that beautiful creature to lose it's life...

4BBBF96400000578-5677961-image-m-34_1525

The elderly man was stupid and indeed it cost the beautiful lion it's life. So  incredibly sad.   I know though that it was not his intention to do that but his lack of any judgement in turning and running and his stupidity.  What on Earth was his thinking ? 

The people that really make me mad are the hunters and poachers that deliberately kill beautiful animals for sport and some sick kind of evil pride in it.  The ones that pose with the dead bodies of beautiful animals such as elephants, lion, giraffes, hippos etc.   That Dentist that Killed Cecil the Lion for example.  He deliberately killed that magnificent creature and is on a completely different level to this foolish elderly man. 

Sorry for the awful news and image but this made me both so angry and heart broken.  I hate trophy hunters that kill beautiful animals for sport and proudly pose with their bodies.  There should be a special Hell for these people where animals hunt them non stop.   How on Earth can anyone enjoy killing like this for sport.  Killing 3 magnificent lions and posing with a gun with their bodies.  Detest this man.  I Put this in a spoiler as picture is awful. 

Dca7pOXXcAAbMnx.jpg

On 5/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Sorry for the awful news and image but this made me both so angry and heart broken.  I hate trophy hunters that kill beautiful animals for sport and proudly pose with their bodies.  There should be a special Hell for these people where animals hunt them non stop.   How on Earth can anyone enjoy killing like this for sport.  Killing 3 magnificent lions and posing with a gun with their bodies.  Detest this man.  I Put this in a spoiler as picture is awful. 

Reveal hidden contents

Wasteful, selfish, unnecessary, & rather transparent, wouldn't you say? 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Hide contents

Dca7pOXXcAAbMnx.jpg

If I wouldn't end up in jail for the rest of my life, I"d be happy to trophy hunt his sorry ass.