Plan Madonna's next era

Anne

There is no way in hell to plan Mo’s next move these days....not like in the days of yore when you were sure she’d release a single, video, movie (something every few months)

it would have been great for her to do all this clothing, gyms, skincare back in her heydays....maybe if Pepsi had panned out...who knows

but she is so unpredictable, never know what or when to expect anything from M

I remember here in Ireland there were huge billboards for Ray of Light everywhere and same for Music . I can understand the Music marketing as she was riding a huge successful wave but is it impossible to think that good old traditional promo like this could work again ?? It may concsidering it’s her longest gap between albums since she began so to the layman it might be an idea especially if she has a cohesive theme / image to the whole era . Anyway just think It May work as let’s face it , she sold her granny selling Rebel Heart , went on every chat show , every awards ceremony , made featuring videos and Nothing !! Maybe simplistic posters / tv ads with anticipating date could do SOMETHING. Maybe I’m naive but hey..

Tying her song to a popular show or in a commercial would be could, consistent exposure. I do like the idea of a Netflix docuseries as well. There needs to some sort of NTP....lol....like REAL, effective NTP. After RH, I'm not sure how effective traditional promo like that even is anymore but I'd still like to see her do it. I loved seeing her everywhere during the RH promo, it felt like we had SOMETHING to look forward to every week for months.

43 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Tying her song to a popular show or in a commercial would be could, consistent exposure. I do like the idea of a Netflix docuseries as well. There needs to some sort of NTP....lol....like REAL, effective NTP. After RH, I'm not sure how effective traditional promo like that even is anymore but I'd still like to see her do it. I loved seeing her everywhere during the RH promo, it felt like we had SOMETHING to look forward to every week for months.

I guess one has to move with the times. Though, maybe I'm out of the loop..what is effective marketing, these days?  How does one effectively have blanket coverage without overkill or too much saturation that turns the public off?  As a fan (of anybody, really) I do simplistic things like follow them on Instagram, so I know records/albums are coming out.  In a world of Beyonces, Adeles, Taylor Swifts, Ed Sheerans, etc., how does Madonna show dominance in a field where she once reigned supreme?

I know a fucking fantastic song will help, but it's not a given that agenda-driven/ignorant radio stations will take up airplay for more traditional markets.

All I can do is pray to a higher power!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼