Plan Madonna's next era

Anne

20 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

1. Get a new manager. A Project Manager for this album.

2. Clean your Instagram account.

3. Stop trying to appeal U.S. audiences only! You sell more records overseas nowadays. Embrace the power of YouTube (Shakira, Maluma...)

4. Bring back SPECTACLE. RH Tour was cute but your one performance at the MET was spectacular!

5. Don't be greedy. You might make less money but you fill stadiums in Latin America. Start your tour here!

6. Don't ever use those hideous grills ever again.  They don't look good at any age (I don't blame Drake for not liking them).

Bitch bitch bitch. 

RH was cute? Go suck a dick 

On 5/20/2018 at 1:09 AM, Brasileiro said:

1. Get a new manager. A Project Manager for this album.

2. Clean your Instagram account.

3. Stop trying to appeal U.S. audiences only! You sell more records overseas nowadays. Embrace the power of YouTube (Shakira, Maluma...)

4. Bring back SPECTACLE. RH Tour was cute but your one performance at the MET was spectacular!

5. Don't be greedy. You might make less money but you fill stadiums in Latin America. Start your tour here!

6. Don't ever use those hideous grills ever again.  They don't look good at any age (I don't blame Drake for not liking them).

Are you for real??? Rebel Heart tour was "cute" and lacked "spectacle"??? What have you been smoking??? What about that absolutely spectacular opening video of M looking hot and wearing her Oscar's '91 dress and commanding a crowd of thousands of people to go to war with her?  Then descending from the heavens in that stunning cage for a full tilt Iconic, the full performance of the opening and first song was, well, iconic. Then there's the stunning visuals, messages and choreography of Bitch I'm Madonna,  Holy Water and Heartbreak City. She delivered grand spectacle with the orgy at the end of Holy Water which was staged spectacularly with the use of screens, costumes and props. Then theres Madonna in the bull ring for Living For Love, a now iconic performance and that's all just off the top of my head. I could probably go on and on to be honest.

Guest Marco
3 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Are you for real??? Rebel Heart tour was "cute" and lacked "spectacle"??? What have you been smoking??? What about that absolutely spectacular opening video of M looking hot and wearing her Oscar's '91 dress and commanding a crowd of thousands of people to go to war with her?  Then descending from the heavens in that stunning cage for a full tilt Iconic, the full performance of the opening and first song was, well, iconic. Then there's the stunning visuals, messages and choreography of Bitch I'm Madonna,  Holy Water and Heartbreak City. She delivered grand spectacle with the orgy at the end of Holy Water which was staged spectacularly with the use of screens, costumes and props. Then theres Madonna in the bull ring for Living For Love, a now iconic performance and that's all just off the top of my head. I could probably go on and on to be honest.

And the fact M performed songs I never thought she would again (particularly Deeper and Deeper) just made the RHT an even more alluring and inviting spectacle. 🙌🏼

They need to put their s-it together and work hard on social media for the next era.

-Spotify has 170 million of subscribers and 40 of them are for free. So they need to record some ad to promote the singles and the album. You know...put a snippet of the song and Madonna saying "Hi, this is Madonna and this is my new single. Listen to it right now on spotify" like EVERY SINGLE ARTIST DOES. I got sick of Enrique Igleasias promoting his DAMN "Bailando" song for a f-king year! If he did it, she can do it too. :IMG_1564:

-Get a LOT of banners on itunes when her singles and album came out.

-Pay for promotional tweets and posts on instagram. I see a lot  commercials everyday on my timeline and when i'm watching stories.

-Pay Spotify to put her songs on every relevant playlist. "Today's top hits" has 20.017.551 followers and "New Music Friday" has 2.658.890

-Put a snippet on national tv like Adele did with Hello during some relevant show.

1 hour ago, caba1 said:

They need to put their s-it together and work hard on social media for the next era.

-Spotify has 170 million of subscribers and 40 of them are for free. So they need to record some ad to promote the singles and the album. You know...put a snippet of the song and Madonna saying "Hi, this is Madonna and this is my new single. Listen to it right now on spotify" like EVERY SINGLE ARTIST DOES. I got sick of Enrique Igleasias promoting his DAMN "Bailando" song for a f-king year! If he did it, she can do it too. :IMG_1564:

-Get a LOT of banners on itunes when her singles and album came out.

-Pay for promotional tweets and posts on instagram. I see a lot  commercials everyday on my timeline and when i'm watching stories.

-Pay Spotify to put her songs on every relevant playlist. "Today's top hits" has 20.017.551 followers and "New Music Friday" has 2.658.890

-Put a snippet on national tv like Adele did with Hello during some relevant show.

Everything, but this! It's annoying as hell and always put me off instead of getting my interest.

I think it will be really political and somehow related to her relationship with lola and rocco (aka american life deux!!)

I was giving my annual listening to super pop the other day and for once, the part 

I'll be different
If I'm the president
I'll be different
If I'm the president

Was really accurate in 2018. Could see it reinvented or use in a way of another 

After reading some comments here it seems as people do not see Madonna as a commercial artist (afraid of Spotify?????). 

Madonna pretty much created the hugely successful pop star!

I'm sure her devotees loved RH tour but the gp still sees her as the monstrous machine who delivered Blond Ambition. I'm not ready yet to see her as a nostalgic act, I love the bad Bitch opening of MDNA your, the murderous geisha of Drowned World Tour, etc...

She still makes music for the masses and deserves to be shown as such.  If you are happy with her at a coffe house, it is your problem... I enjoy her sound and energy at massive clubs in Brasil every weekend like beasts uniformly bringing what she does to our souls.

When she performed Give it 2 Me at the Maracanã Stadium for the Sticky n Sweet tour was as if 90 thousand shirtless beings became one ✨🙏🏾🙌🏾

1 hour ago, Brasileiro said:

After reading some comments here it seems as people do not see Madonna as a commercial artist (afraid of Spotify?????). 

Madonna pretty much created the hugely successful pop star!

I'm sure her devotees loved RH tour but the gp still sees her as the monstrous machine who delivered Blond Ambition. I'm not ready yet to see her as a nostalgic act, I love the bad Bitch opening of MDNA your, the murderous geisha of Drowned World Tour, etc...

She still makes music for the masses and deserves to be shown as such.  If you are happy with her at a coffe house, it is your problem... I enjoy her sound and energy at massive clubs in Brasil every weekend like beasts uniformly bringing what she does to our souls.

When she performed Give it 2 Me at the Maracanã Stadium for the Sticky n Sweet tour was as if 90 thousand shirtless beings became one ✨🙏🏾🙌🏾

Preach!!!! IndieDonna is great

Madonna the motherfucking queen of ---­>POP<--- is even better 

16 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Everyone has different opinions. Some people hate Rebel Heart and SS while others love them. Not every single person in the world is going to love it. I personally love it but know lots of people who find it boring.

Honestly RHT was my fave Madonna tour since DWT. It was so much fun to be at and it felt completely different to me then being at SS or MDNA tours. If she has a tour like RHT I'll be more than happy.  So the stage didn't move up and down or she didn't have a band suspended in the air playing doesn't mean it was any less "Madonna"    

I can go without a Spanish section though 😶

I just hope whatever images/promo/videos she does are worthy of a legend. That's all I ask.

Just to know how to help for streaming when the album/song will be out. I saw a lot of artists being praise by Shazam for like the song of the week etc. Is shazaming a song count for anything in a chart or something ? 

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so if the topic title suggests my opinion.....

1. Release a single during the third week of August. 

2. Release a video to accompany that single the following week. 4th week of August.  

3. Release a second single during the third week of September.  

4. Release the second video the same day as the single is released in September. 

5. Do an interview with the radio groups for air time after the single is released to the public. 

6. Perform at a club (as a surprise) in mid-september. Maybe a tie-in to the radio interview. 

7. Release an album only single during the first week of October with the video released at the same time.

8. Do an interview on Good Morning America. Talk about the new music only. Tell the public that the entire project will be released in a few weeks.  Perform the second single on the show.  

9. Release the album the first week of November with a bonus track and bonus track video. 

10. Go on the daytime talk show circuit. Perform the second single / Album only single during those shows.  

On 5/20/2018 at 12:01 AM, Littlebastard said:

Ellen’s interviews r a joke for all celebs.  They have an 8 year old doing the writing.

Ellen seems so dismissive of all her celebrity guests. (There's some passive-aggressive rage going on)  It's as if she talks down to them.  I can't believe she gets away with it.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, functions_X said:

it would be great if she went with a full blown ROL type of promo, almost like she's being re-introduced to the world

I think there's something there (to re-introduce to the world).  I don't know what, but i feel something should be done in this direction.

I Think she should limit the talk show circuit promo this time around and instead build some mystery around her again...I would like M to perform at more festivals instead to promote the next album-Glastonbury 2019, Coachella 2019 etc

16 hours ago, Douglaslisboa said:

iTunes is over. They’ll end it next year. Number one in ITunes US sells 30k nowadays 

this. itunes is simply not relevant anymore.

but what would work for M? i have literally no clue how to make her a streaming force or how to make the radio play her songs.

9 hours ago, just!ce said:

this. itunes is simply not relevant anymore.

but what would work for M? i have literally no clue how to make her a streaming force or how to make the radio play her songs.

Well it’s hard to tell. There are many artists that keep collaborating with new DJs and they are so big on Streaming. It’s hard to think that Madonna’s team would find a way to get her in evidence in this new scenario. Best luck would really have a major deal with Spotify and Apple Music and get the single in every huge playlist out there. 

To get streaming up she should release singles before the album release. Or keep certain big tracks off that don’t fit the album’s flow then release them later as separate singles. Or create new mixes for single releases ( like Fever - Edit One) - which I’d love!! Or keep the album entirely solo and reserve “rent a rapper” and duets exclusively for single releases. 

There’s loads of options!! And they’re way more interesting than just pushing a song that’s been out for months already.