Plan Madonna's next era

Anne

4 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Love the Witchdonna idea but I want it with dark hair and NO black clothing...more on the mystical and surrealistic side. Like a darker version of Bedtime Story. The music would have lush strings, trip hop beats, dark synths, old strange instruments, while still being catchy and melodic. You rarely see dance music being done with unconventional instruments.

The lyrics could explore mortality, lost love, rebirth, etc.

Would love for the visuals to be inspired by female surrealists like Remedios Varo and Frida Kahlo. I want her to find some director that is completely outside of her comfort zone.

zgpuaklmi7ddalx9atet.jpg

Remedios-Varo-3-Territorio-Informativo.j

All of this and we're probably gonna get "Black Magic" ft Cardi B. produced by Diplo :lmao:

I like your ideas! I think that would be something different but still being true to herself. I don't think she should totally remove electronics and dance music, since those have always been at the heart of her art but incorporate them in a slightly different way. 

Realistically I don't see Madonna reinventing herself again, as much as everyone wants her to.

I'd personally love for her to drop a music video/single release on her 60th, debuting grey hair. I think its the one reinvention that would genuinely shock the general public and become one of her most controversial and memorable moments. It also plays into her love of irony, especially if she continues to be sexually provocative. I just hope she does something in the 2010s that sticks out, regardless of how well it is received. It feels like 2008-2018 is one long blurry era, in terms of visuals and musical output - there's not many discussion points in comparison to other decades. 

And I may be in the minority but I think she really needs to hire Beyonce's Instagram team. There's a reason younger people believe Beyonce is super-human and out of this world, and it's because there is a team ensuring that she's is presented to be exactly that. Madonna was effortlessly considered to be this kind of figure, but since she's been oversharing on social media - the 30 years of mystery and elusiveness she built up has vanished. People genuinely don't realise she is the most successful solo artist alive!

I just want another Evita/ROL/Confessions era where she wins back the general public. She knows how to play the game - and it's not unlike her given that she's done it many times before. Then perhaps a few years/eras later, she can drop 'S.E.X. The Second Coming' and be universally despised again.

:IMG_1564:

YES!

I thought and was arguing in 2013 that the Madonna Witch album would be M13, for all the clues and concepts, but I'm ok with M14!

Let the witch hunt begin! #Magic #Inquisition

Madonna-illustration.jpg

12 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I feel people here have such unrealistic expectations for the commercial sucess of the album and are so obsessed with her having hits. I hope the album does well but you have to be realistic. Making a lot of celebrity non music related appearances doesn't appeal to me. I would like her to keep the focus more music related. 

This is probably a minority opinion but I would like a smaller venue more intimate tour not an arena one. She could choose a few different cities and perform there multiple nights. That would be something truly different. 

I really like the title Magic. I would like her to do a good witch or sorcerers theme. It sounds weird but I have always wanted her to do a Stevie Nicks like look. 

👍

Be able to handle the unfortunate situations of leaking without losing sales or buzz. 
At least four/five singles with remixes available on streaming platforms. Actual music videos/no live or montage videos.
A promo tour whether similar to TOAC or acoustic or similar to the COADF/HC ones.
Some appearances on Ellen, other shows, or awards promoting the music and not some MDNA cream or film.
Maybe some fan contests or interactive chats she did during the RH era where we got actual answers to actual questions and not "What's your favorite food?"
Magazine covers/interviews discussing the recording process/not "How do you keep fit?"
A tour.

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Showdown, I appreciate your passion for Madonna and many of your ideas.  I agree about gaining as much exposure and publicity as possible although I don't like the idea of Idol mentoring. 

However, I don't believe at all in forgetting her past and acting like this is a debut. Madonna is the Absolute Queen of pop and I think both she and her team have  been incredibly stubborn and neglectful not to embrace that more over her career. Madonna is a music legend and her classic hits are pop music royality and pop magic. Something that should NEVER be under played. People need reminding of that and newer generations should become wowed and get to embrace it.  Otherwise, why should young people take any notice of a 60 years old.  If they see footage of her in the 80's and 90's where her music and concerts were the ultimate of any female performer ever, they can marvel at how mega famous and successful she is. 

It also is a a massive injustice to even compare her to Britney and Gaga. She is so far above and out of their league in every way. 

Release great new music but she should always remind people that she is the absolute, undisputed and amazing Queen of pop as well who has inspired all the superstar girls since. 

But that's the world we live in. It's not pretty. I'll support her regardless but if she wants to extend her fanbase she needs to do something drastic. I really don't know why people oppose what I'm saying, its not as if it'll erase our memories. It's like any other product, the more you reach out to new consumers you turn into loyal customers and the more money you make the higher the budget the more for the videos and tours. Of course the fans will buy it regardless but if thats the case we all know the outcome of and we cant complain when her songs don't chart or does that well.

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

But that's the world we live in. It's not pretty. I'll support her regardless but if she wants to extend her fanbase she needs to do something drastic. I really don't know why people oppose what I'm saying, its not as if it'll erase our memories. It's like any other product, the more you reach out to new consumers you turn into loyal customers and the more money you make the higher the budget the more for the videos and tours. Of course the fans will buy it regardless but if thats the case we all know the outcome of and we cant complain when her songs don't chart or does that well.

No artist living above the age of 50 has ever extend their fanbase. No public relations or marketing strategy will change the fact that the majority of young people will not be interested in a 60-year-old artist with a 35-year career. Veteran artists have 2 choices: continue to release the music they want while relying on their fanbase to keep a small stable base or they rely on nostalgia to fetch the aging general public.

Just now, Martin B. said:

No artist living above the age of 50 has ever extend their fanbase. No public relations or marketing strategy will change the fact that the majority of young people will not be interested in a 60-year-old artist with a 35-year career. Veteran artists have 2 choices: continue to release the music they want while relying on their fanbase to keep a small stable base or they rely on nostalgia to fetch the aging general public.

Then i guess it doesnt really matter what she does then 

3 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Then i guess it doesnt really matter what she does then 

Not really. With a real record company, things would be a little better, but you have to be realistic. The only thing that matters is that she continues to give us music that inspires her.

1 hour ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Be able to handle the unfortunate situations of leaking without losing sales or buzz. 
At least four/five singles with remixes available on streaming platforms. Actual music videos/no live or montage videos.
A promo tour whether similar to TOAC or acoustic or similar to the COADF/HC ones.
Some appearances on Ellen, other shows, or awards promoting the music and not some MDNA cream or film.
Maybe some fan contests or interactive chats she did during the RH era where we got actual answers to actual questions and not "What's your favorite food?"
Magazine covers/interviews discussing the recording process/not "How do you keep fit?"
A tour.

Lol that was the worst part in the interviews...how do u keep fit? Um diet and exercise? 😂

6 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Not really. With a real record company, things would be a little better, but you have to be realistic. The only thing that matters is that she continues to give us music that inspires her.

I've never found the music to ever be a problem, for me that's the least of the concern. Every album she has ever put out is inspired.

I find it a little odd that people complain about Madonna oversharing on social media. They seem to have forgotten all about Truth or Dare which was all about oversharing including her lying down in front of her mom's grave and simulating oral sex on a water bottle. It started the reality show trend. Compared to that her Instagram is tame. But for some reason, people get more upset if it's on their phone than on a movie screen.

Madonna has never been all that mysterious. She has shared a lot of personal things from her mother's death, her strained relationship with her father, and her brother's sexuality. That's why some of us connect with her. 

She could never do a Beyoncé and be true to herself because a lot of personal stuff has already been shared. You can't take it back and rewrite history. It's already out there. 

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

But that is the point. She can reach out to new consumers and always has done that. By ignoring her past though,  she will be leaving out her main selling point to get new interest - that she is the Queen of pop and music.  That is something  that is so special and to be celebrated. I don't think her team have pushed that enough. 

New consumers as you word it, would be more eagar to discover her by being exposed on mass to what an epic superstar she is. Younger generations keep discovering acts like the Beatles etc who keep attracting new fans ready to learn about music legends. Madonna has a selling point that no other female performer out there has - that she is the most successful and biggest selling pop female artist ever.  Add great new music to that fact alongside huge promotion and that is a strategy that will gain mass attention and publicity. 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

But that is the point. She can reach out to new consumers and always has done that. By ignoring her past though,  she will be leaving out her main selling point to get new interest - that she is the Queen of pop and music.  That is something  that is so special and to be celebrated. I don't think her team have pushed that enough. 

New consumers as you word it, would be more eagar to discover her by being exposed on mass to what an epic superstar she is. Younger generations keep discovering acts like the Beatles etc who keep attracting new fans ready to learn about music legends. Madonna has a selling point that no other female performer out there has - that she is the most successful and biggest selling pop female artist ever.  Add great new music to that fact alongside huge promotion and that is a strategy that will gain mass attention and publicity. 

I guess i should rephrase what i suggest, not that she literally acts like a new artist that has never had an album out but not depend on it if that makes sense. Look at ray of light, it was like she was a completely new artist and the focus was solely on the music. She even denounced her past music. I wouldnt go that far but she doesnt have to constantly answer questions about her past. And like another post said no questions about how she stays fit or how she's a mother. Yawn. 

I also find the questions about how she stays fit or motherhood boring too, but she doesn't always get to dictate what questions she's asked. A lot of talk shows that reach a broader audience tend to ask those more human interest questions. There are magazines and shows that talk about the recording process tend to have a smaller audience unfortunately. 

I personally absolutely love NPR. They have this show called Fresh Air where they do in depth interviews with various artists. I would love it if she was on there or on their news shows like Morning Edition or All Things Considered. They do really intelligent thought provoking interviews, but the trade off is they don't have as big a listenership as network television or commercial radio that ask the more boring questions. 

25 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I find it a little odd that people complain about Madonna oversharing on social media. They seem to have forgotten all about Truth or Dare which was all about oversharing including her lying down in front of her mom's grave and simulating oral sex on a water bottle. It started the reality show trend. Compared to that her Instagram is tame. But for some reason, people get more upset if it's on their phone than on a movie screen.

Madonna has never been all that mysterious. She has shared a lot of personal things from her mother's death, her strained relationship with her father, and her brother's sexuality. That's why some of us connect with her. 

She could never do a Beyoncé and be true to herself because a lot of personal stuff has already been shared. You can't take it back and rewrite history. It's already out there. 

Truth or Dare did indeed overshare, but it was polished and a well produced product - revolutionary in many ways and raised important points.

As much as I live for her Instagram (when the camera is on her), almost everything she posts is disposable to some degree. No other popstar at her level would post LQ throwback pictures, cheap fan edits and family pictures/videos making up most of their feed.

Regarding sharing personal things, I agree - but has she ever shared anything noteworthy via Instagram? And if she did use Instagram to share profound things, would we really rather see it on an Instagram story instead of a sit-down interview?

But to clarify, I still live for her Instagram and this is by no means a personal attack on her. She can do whatever she wants. I just think people underestimate how much lacklustre social media etiquette is effecting her public image among the most important demographic.

3 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I also find the questions about how she stays fit or motherhood boring too, but she doesn't always get to dictate what questions she's asked. A lot of talk shows that reach a broader audience tend to ask those more human interest questions. There are magazines and shows that talk about the recording process tend to have a smaller audience unfortunately. 

I personally absolutely love NPR. They have this show called Fresh Air where they do in depth interviews with various artists. I would love it if she was on there or on their news shows like Morning Edition or All Things Considered. They do really intelligent thought provoking interviews, but the trade off is they don't have as big a listenership as network television or commercial radio that ask the more boring questions. 

That would be really cool...tbh i really want a book from her 😭😭😭😭

10 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

Truth or Dare did indeed overshare, but it was polished and a well produced product - revolutionary in many ways and raised important points.

As much as I live for her Instagram (when the camera is on her), almost everything she posts is disposable to some degree. No other popstar at her level would post LQ throwback pictures, cheap fan edits and family pictures/videos making up most of their feed.

Regarding sharing personal things, I agree - but has she ever shared anything noteworthy via Instagram? And if she did use Instagram to share profound things, would we really rather see it on an Instagram story instead of a sit-down interview?

But to clarify, I still live for her Instagram and this is by no means a personal attack on her. She can do whatever she wants. I just think people underestimate how much lacklustre social media etiquette is effecting her public image among the most important demographic.

What you're saying doesn't quite make sense to me because on the one hand you're saying her social media is disposable, and the other hand you're saying it's affecting her public image. Those can't both be true. If her posts are disposable and people forget about them quickly, how can it affect her image so much? 

I think Instagram is a way to keep in touch with her on a daily basis when she is not giving interviews on a daily basis. 

I actually think her Instagram makes her seem more relatable. She comes off as a regular mom and someone who could be your friend. One of the biggest criticisms of her through the years has always been she's a cold distant diva. I think her Instagram humanizes her. 

Just now, Glindathegood said:

What you're saying doesn't quite make sense to me because on the one hand you're saying her social media is disposable, and the other hand you're saying it's affecting her public image. Those can't both be true. If her posts are disposable and people forget about them quickly, how can it affect her image so much? 

I think Instagram is a way to keep in touch with her on a daily basis when she is not giving interviews in a daily basis. 

I actually think her Instagram makes her seem more relatable. She comes off as a regular mom and someone who could be your friend. One of the biggest criticisms of her through the years has always been she's a cold distant diva. I think her Instagram humanize her. 

My point is more the fact that it's disposable content is what is doing damage to her image. The problem is, while they are disposable, people don't really forget. Her most tragic Instagram selfies are always inserted into any article about her - basically promoting the initial damage.  

Maybe it's just how I prefer her to be... I don't think it's very Madonna of her to be regular or relatable - I much prefer a distant diva! Especially considering the most important female performer right now is Beyonce, who is portrayed as anything but human.

I really feel people are blowing the Instagram out of proportion. It's something we focus on because we look at her Instagram a lot, but I really don't think the general public pays all that much attention. 

So what if there's an unflattering selfie? I find that quite refreshing actually. I think social media makes a lot of people feel insecure because everyone looks perfect and you start to think what is wrong with me, that I don't look that way all the time. I think it's good she doesn't promote the tyranny of physical perfection. 

On to everyone's favorite topic, the hair!  I would like a change but I'm not convinced an all dark color would look good. I think it might be harsh and not photograph well. I think it would be cool if she had a slighter darker medium brown base but still have some lighter pieces, like in honey or caramel at the ends.

We want her to be a good witch or sorcerers for positive change not an evil looking scary witch! 

16 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I really feel people are blowing the Instagram out of proportion. It's something we focus on because we look at her Instagram a lot, but I really don't think the general public pays all that much attention. 

So what if there's an unflattering selfie? I find that quite refreshing actually. I think social media makes a lot of people feel insecure because everyone looks perfect and you start to think what is wrong with me, that I don't look that way all the time. I think it's good she doesn't promote the tyranny of physical perfection. 

On to everyone's favorite topic, the hair!  I would like a change but I'm not convinced an all dark color would look good. I think it might be harsh and not photograph well. I think it would be cool if she had a slighter darker medium brown base but still have some lighter pieces, like in honey or caramel at the ends.

We want her to be a good witch or sorcerers for positive change not an evil looking scary witch! 

This!! All those polished, carefully selected Instagram accounts are beautiful but they’re not real! They’re just not! I know people who purposefully go to expensive outrageous areas pretending like they own the place just to take an Instagram picture. Some people will spend big money just to have their exotic breakfast perfectly laid out in bed when they obviously “just woke up”. Give me a break! Makes me wanna throw up. They obviously have a lot of time on their hands. Madonna doesn’t! She’s busy as hell all the time! And the silly filter selfies she makes are like 2 minutes of her day when she takes time to relax a little. The rest is when she’s with her family. Leave her alone people. She obviously doesn’t take Instagram as serious as Gaga or something, where every single photo is of some outrageous, pretentious photo shoot. Madonna got kids and a thousand other things to do!!  

I’d totally be down for a witchy/Wiccan/Mother Earth aesthetic for the new album. I love that idea! She’s tagging a lot of things that fit, like magic, Mother Earth, nature, etc. 

I can’t wait to see what she has planned 

2075B6FB-4DCC-446F-A438-8D1C4625229B.jpeg

Don't get me wrong, her unflattering selfies are some of my favourites. I just can't help but think in terms of what is best for her brand.

As for the hair, I'd also love to see her revisit this look:

Image result for madonna red hair hollywood

23 minutes ago, TXIII said:

I’d totally be down for a witchy/Wiccan/Mother Earth aesthetic for the new album. I love that idea! She’s tagging a lot of things that fit, like magic, Mother Earth, nature, etc. 

I can’t wait to see what she has planned 

2075B6FB-4DCC-446F-A438-8D1C4625229B.jpeg

If she does the third eye idea right, it could be incredible! I just hope she doesn’t get bashed for “copying Katy Perry” 

9 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

Don't get me wrong, her unflattering selfies are some of my favourites. I just can't help but think in terms of what is best for her brand.

As for the hair, I'd also love to see her revisit this look:

Image result for madonna red hair hollywood

I like the red hair but she looks best with thicker eyebrows. 

12 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

If she does the third eye idea right, it could be incredible! I just hope she doesn’t get bashed for “copying Katy Perry” 

That was my first thought, Perry’s atrocious album cover. If M were to do it, she would do it right. It wouldn’t be cheap and tacky. 

8 minutes ago, TXIII said:

That was my first thought, Perry’s atrocious album cover. If M were to do it, she would do it right. It wouldn’t be cheap and tacky. 

I absolutely loathe Perry’s Witness album cover 🤢 like what in the actual???

1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

I absolutely loathe Perry’s Witness album cover 🤢 like what in the actual???

It’s AWFUL. I think Perry is awful too. She’s so cringy. Wasn’t that her “woke” album? 🙄

7 minutes ago, TXIII said:

It’s AWFUL. I think Perry is awful too. She’s so cringy. Wasn’t that her “woke” album? 🙄

Even that blurry concept art of Madonna with a third eye is better 😂 And no, it’s her Witness album. And I think this would have been a way better cover 

9FB22A28-D5C6-4EAD-8542-15B9061CD82E.jpeg

Oh, and this is what her actual witness cover makes me feel like 😂

Forgive my lack of editing skills. I think the ashy/natural look would be nice to see again too. I think the last time was around MDNA? 

dd5.jpg