Plan Madonna's next era

Anne

3 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Just change that damn wavy blonde hairstyle we’ve had for the past ten years and I’d be happy...in fact she should change her hair colour/style for each new video for the next album

But change it to what? IDK anything else would really suit her 

Oh wow, this could get detailed. 

Music Style & Themes: I'd kill for some real, old school instruments (inspired by her Lisbon nights & the Cape Verdean influences) but with subtle electronic nuances to keep it interesting. I'd also welcome some North African rhythms. I've always been intrigued by her international music forays although they are rare and nowadays would probably be considered cultural appropriation. Still, I think you can honor those places by being tasteful. I am thinking Cesária Évora meets Zedd or Marshmello. I hope her writing explores some of what's going on in the world, not just from an angry political rant (which I think she will avoid anyway), but more somber. I'd still kill for a happy love song from her. I love happy Madonna, and I feel like we haven't seen that face in awhile.

Visuals: This is actually tougher. I feel like she's done everything. Maybe something inspired by Ray Caesar's paintings? That might be too gothic for the type of music she's producing.

Release Dates and Promo: I am hoping for a September release, but it might be closer to Oct/Nov. I'd love 3 solid singles, a couple weeks of good promo (live performances and some good in-depth interviews - do HOWARD STERN again!!)

Tour: I am probably in the minority, but I could wait for a tour. If she goes straight into movie production, I am totally fine with that. If she chooses to tour, great. I'll be there. I hope it's still arenas and a global affair (with Australia getting the initial love this time).

I am hoping for :

- 1st Single - September 2018

- 2nd Single/Album Release : November 2018

- Lots of album promo like she did for RH between September-December 2018

- Xmas/New Year Break/Holiday

- Tour Rehearsals beginning in January though to April 2019

- Tour Beginning in Australia in April 2019 as promised by M herself, followed by Asia, Europe & North/South America finishing in October/November 2019.

- Break...

- Film Production in early 2020. 

Hook up with M83, Tiga, Fischerspooner...show her face EVERYWHERE...do some special promoted playlist on spotify, do a special gig for youtube then upload the audio to spotify and tidal. Come out on ALL the late night shows, do conan, do stephen colbert, do jimmy fallon. Have some shit used for Adult Swim bumpers. Let people be curious about the actual music. Whether fans like him or not come out on Watch What Happens Live and dont be uptight! Maybe even show up with rosie or debbie. Do the voice as a mentor, or american idol since Katy is on there. Do this for like a month or two with the first single. Let it gain streams be patient but persistent then the moment it doesnt rise a position on the charts release single number 2 with magazine covers and in print interviews everywhere with the album following shortly. With a single or two after. They probably wont chart but any little viral thing will keep the press alive and hopefully let it carry into the tour with lots of tour merchandise exclusives and promote that with viral ads, if she's so fond of fan art hold contests for promo images she'll share on her own IG page with a signed picture disc or something. It'll be hard work but that's how it is nowadays!!! As for looks, something kinda nerdy and edgy i think would be a breath of fresh air. Something more relatable and something she'd wear out on the streets.

17 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Hook up with M83, Tiga, Fischerspooner...show her face EVERYWHERE...do some special promoted playlist on spotify, do a special gig for youtube then upload the audio to spotify and tidal. Come out on ALL the late night shows, do conan, do stephen colbert, do jimmy fallon. Have some shit used for Adult Swim bumpers. Let people be curious about the actual music. Whether fans like him or not come out on Watch What Happens Live and dont be uptight! Maybe even show up with rosie or debbie. Do the voice as a mentor, or american idol since Katy is on there. Do this for like a month or two with the first single. Let it gain streams be patient but persistent then the moment it doesnt rise a position on the charts release single number 2 with magazine covers and in print interviews everywhere with the album following shortly. With a single or two after. They probably wont chart but any little viral thing will keep the press alive and hopefully let it carry into the tour with lots of tour merchandise exclusives and promote that with viral ads, if she's so fond of fan art hold contests for promo images she'll share on her own IG page with a signed picture disc or something. It'll be hard work but that's how it is nowadays!!! As for looks, something kinda nerdy and edgy i think would be a breath of fresh air. Something more relatable and something she'd wear out on the streets.

Great all-encompassing promo strategy! Re: her look, I could see that working. We all know she thinks nerds are cool so maybe if she pulled back from traditionally "sexy" and went with a more severe / cerebral look it would be an interesting pivot, visually. All will be revealed!

Wouldn't it also be internet-breaking if she had filmed several music videos that told an over-arching story, and released them all at once? Obviously she would be compared (unfavorably) to Beyonce by the mainstream media... but it would create a bigger splash and have all kinds of  "think pieces" written on blogs and such. Don't know if she's up for all that secretive work though.

6 minutes ago, DesperatelySeekingJacky said:

Great all-encompassing promo strategy! Re: her look, I could see that working. We all know she thinks nerds are cool so maybe if she pulled back from traditionally "sexy" and went with a more severe / cerebral look it would be an interesting pivot, visually. All will be revealed!

Yeah i mean just throw her gloves on with a cute hat, leather jacket and glasses and she'll be good to go! Something kinda androgynous like her tie and shirt look from jimmy fallon.

pinterest-recreation-danchiz.jpg

5071341_sundayduo.jpg

1960835_Jersey___gold.jpg

Would be super cute/relatable. Remember when she was directing W.E. and she kindof had this nerdy-chic / athleisure look when she was shot by the paps. Rather casual but she could make it funky. Quite a 180 from Warrior bitch goddess.

21 minutes ago, DesperatelySeekingJacky said:

Would be super cute/relatable. Remember when she was directing W.E. and she kindof had this nerdy-chic / athleisure look when she was shot by the paps. Rather casual but she could make it funky. Quite a 180 from Warrior bitch goddess.

Definately but it still would be totally genuine to who she is, like how we see her in her tour rehearsal with her glasses and notebook. And please please please act as if this is her debut. This coming generation that will be old enough to be into music will have no idea about her past which is a good thing and she can start from scratch. This is gonna be a stretch but do NOT just release music with promo. This year should really be a year to clean house. Sounds dumb but do things that interest her like maybe if there's a special on Netflix about a topic that interests her give her commentary. Do the mentor stuff. Maybe even do something for criterion for film. Then a year or two from then she will have a positive image. Fuck license her music for stuff. Wipe this slate clean. Make this generation who will not grow with Gaga or Britney being the current idol. Dare I even say do a few acting gigs. A guest spot for something on netflix. 

41 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Definately but it still would be totally genuine to who she is, like how we see her in her tour rehearsal with her glasses and notebook. And please please please act as if this is her debut. This coming generation that will be old enough to be into music will have no idea about her past which is a good thing and she can start from scratch. This is gonna be a stretch but do NOT just release music with promo. This year should really be a year to clean house. Sounds dumb but do things that interest her like maybe if there's a special on Netflix about a topic that interests her give her commentary. Do the mentor stuff. Maybe even do something for criterion for film. Then a year or two from then she will have a positive image. Fuck license her music for stuff. Wipe this slate clean. Make this generation who will not grow with Gaga or Britney being the current idol. Dare I even say do a few acting gigs. A guest spot for something on netflix. 

The younger generation does know about her past because of YouTube and the Internet so she can't really start from stratch. It's all out there. She has nothing to be ashamed of in her past. She has done and said so many amazing things. You can never truly escape your past because all your prior life experiences shape the person you are. 

1 minute ago, Glindathegood said:

The younger generation does know about her past because of YouTube and the Internet so she can't really start from stratch. It's all out there. She has nothing to be ashamed of in her past. She has done and said so many amazing things. You can never truly escape your past because all your prior life experiences shape the person you are. 

You're misunderstanding what im saying. Of course they have access to her stuff but do you think the kids born during Confessions will actively looking for her past? No. She needs to take advantage of that. The Gaga generation will not be these new fans. I'll use me for example, i always knew of her but once i heard Music i became a super fan. I would look her shit up online and soak up all i could. Do you think the kids are doing that right now? No. And thats not to negate her recent music but at this point she needs to do more than preach to the choir.

5 released singles in US...

(3 #1 Hot 100 singles....2 others to reach Too 5)

#1 Album era to last just over a year!

and of coarse 4 of those to surely hit #1 Dance

14 minutes ago, Showdown said:

You're misunderstanding what im saying. Of course they have access to her stuff but do you think the kids born during Confessions will actively looking for her past? No. She needs to take advantage of that. The Gaga generation will not be these new fans. I'll use me for example, i always knew of her but once i heard Music i became a super fan. I would look her shit up online and soak up all i could. Do you think the kids are doing that right now? No. And thats not to negate her recent music but at this point she needs to do more than preach to the choir.

It still seems to me you are saying her past is somehow a liability. People are never going to see her as a brand new artist. It's very hard for any older artist to get new younger fans who don't know about them or don't like them. To me a much better strategy would be to target fans who liked some of her music at some point in the past but for whatever reason drifted away or lost interest. Her past is an advantage not a liability. 

18 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

It still seems to me you are saying her past is somehow a liability. People are never going to see her as a brand new artist. It's very hard for any older artist to get new younger fans who don't know about them or don't like them. To me a much better strategy would be to target fans who liked some of her music at some point in the past but for whatever reason drifted away or lost interest. Her past is an advantage not a liability. 

So everything i said wouldnt please you? You wouldn't want her everywhere? And no her past is only an advantage up to a certain point. If this was her follow up to ray of light it would be an advantage. Nothing she has done this decade has been a genuine hit. Shes going into this next album with no previous hits since 4 minutes which was 10 years ago. If she's going to depend on her past she might as well just throw a greatest hits tour and be a legacy act since it would keep all her old fans.

I feel people here have such unrealistic expectations for the commercial sucess of the album and are so obsessed with her having hits. I hope the album does well but you have to be realistic. Making a lot of celebrity non music related appearances doesn't appeal to me. I would like her to keep the focus more music related. 

This is probably a minority opinion but I would like a smaller venue more intimate tour not an arena one. She could choose a few different cities and perform there multiple nights. That would be something truly different. 

I really like the title Magic. I would like her to do a good witch or sorcerers theme. It sounds weird but I have always wanted her to do a Stevie Nicks like look. 

From the way things are unfolding it seems the new era is going to be mystical and maybe even spiritual? At first I was expecting something political, but now I think we might have an updated Esther coming back at us! 

Its time for Witchydonna ! Album title: "Magic"

Long Dark hair, red-ish, brunette/natural or black, maybe slight curl or straight.

Lace dresses, white, black or earthy colours, long sleeves.

Wooden staff/wands, wizardy.

Film clips set in nature, outdoors, mountains, forests, sea coasts.

Music direction: retreating from the city and dance music for return to nature and more earthy sounds.

Darkher (english artist is the look I'd love to see, see pics at bottom.)

First single September, second single then album in October.

Acoustic instruments, mixed with Mirwais production.

World Tour in 2019 in smaller venues (arenas/theatres) over stadiums. 

darkher.jpg

0003578728_10.jpg

1 hour ago, humanracin said:

Long Dark hair, red-ish, brunette/natural or black, maybe slight curl or straight.

Music direction: retreating from the city and dance music for return to nature and more earthy sounds.

darkher.jpg

0003578728_10.jpg

So "Frozen" meets "Ghosttown"?

2 hours ago, humanracin said:

darkher.jpg

0003578728_10.jpg

Omg!! Yes! Mixing all that up with a modern beat and it could break the dance floor in a new, reinvented euphoric sound! 🙌 

25 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Omg!! Yes! Mixing all that up with a modern beat and it could break the dance floor in a new, reinvented euphoric sound! 🙌 

and we ll have Ray Of Light 2 :), but I love the which/gothic makeover. It suits her.

3 hours ago, humanracin said:

darkher.jpg

0003578728_10.jpg

YES PLEASE!

53 minutes ago, elijah said:

and we ll have Ray Of Light 2 :), but I love the which/gothic makeover. It suits her.

It sure does! And darker hair please!! ☺️

Love the Witchdonna idea but I want it with dark hair and NO black clothing...more on the mystical and surrealistic side. Like a darker version of Bedtime Story. The music would have lush strings, trip hop beats, dark synths, old strange instruments, while still being catchy and melodic. You rarely see dance music being done with unconventional instruments.

The lyrics could explore mortality, lost love, rebirth, etc.

Would love for the visuals to be inspired by female surrealists like Remedios Varo and Frida Kahlo. I want her to find some director that is completely outside of her comfort zone.

zgpuaklmi7ddalx9atet.jpg

Remedios-Varo-3-Territorio-Informativo.j

All of this and we're probably gonna get "Black Magic" ft Cardi B. produced by Diplo :lmao:

I think from Kabbalistic view point, magic is something like self transformation of some sort. The Kabbalah Madonna is studying is all about “YOU create your own miracles, YOU are the magician of your destiny”. Another thing that crossed my mind is that Magic and Madge sound kinda similar, so maybe she’ll incorporate that somehow? Lol Magic Madge. Magic Madonna. Two M’s. Weird but simple and creative if you think about it. Has potential. 

7 hours ago, Showdown said:

6 hours ago, Showdown said:

Showdown, I appreciate your passion for Madonna and many of your ideas.  I agree about gaining as much exposure and publicity as possible although I don't like the idea of Idol mentoring. 

However, I don't believe at all in forgetting her past and acting like this is a debut. Madonna is the Absolute Queen of pop and I think both she and her team have  been incredibly stubborn and neglectful not to embrace that more over her career. Madonna is a music legend and her classic hits are pop music royality and pop magic. Something that should NEVER be under played. People need reminding of that and newer generations should become wowed and get to embrace it.  Otherwise, why should young people take any notice of a 60 years old.  If they see footage of her in the 80's and 90's where her music and concerts were the ultimate of any female performer ever, they can marvel at how mega famous and successful she is. 

It also is a a massive injustice to even compare her to Britney and Gaga. She is so far above and out of their league in every way. 

Release great new music but she should always remind people that she is the absolute, undisputed and amazing Queen of pop as well who has inspired all the superstar girls since. 

Yes, I love surrealism !

Think esotericdonna with a groovy beat.

Frozen is a nice starting reference but I'm thinking something a bit warmer, earthier and happier.

Let Witchydonna cast her spell of love, also love the idea of a witchier Bedtime Stories too.

9 hours ago, Showdown said:

Hi I'm a Lady Gaga audio collector and i am young (under 18).

giphy.gif