M at Eurovision? NOPE!

I mean its in Lisbon and the whole show is very camp... I would think the producers of the show would reach out to M. What do you think the chances of her performing at Eurovision are? 200M+ viewers (more than Superbowl!), mainly Europe and Australia (her main markets). It would be the perfect place for her to launch her era...  But its less than a month away and Madonna is still recording. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

I mean its in Lisbon and the whole show is very camp... I would think the producers of the show would reach out to M. What do you think the chances of her performing at Eurovision are? 200M+ viewers (more than Superbowl!), mainly Europe and Australia (her main markets). It would be the perfect place for her to launch her era...  But its less than a month away and Madonna is still recording. Thoughts?

What are you trying to say?

Image result for atrl blink gif

16 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

She has to have at least one song done that she could perform. Of course this won't happen. Her team isn't smart enough  or doesn't care.

Her team? 😄

She not European though. Aren’t Eurovision funny about that? I don’t know the rules, I just end up catching glimpses when I go to a gay Eurovision night at a friends place.

8 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

She not European though. Aren’t Eurovision funny about that? I don’t know the rules, I just end up catching glimpses when I go to a gay Eurovision night at a friends place.

Justin Timberlake performed 2 years ago. His song blew up in Europe because of it. Madonnas definitely more European than him.

55 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Justin Timberlake performed 2 years ago. His song blew up in Europe because of it. Madonnas definitely more European than him.

Ah, I had no clue, that explains that Justin song doing so well out of nowhere.

3 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Should I remind you about britbey, gap,skin products,coco water,lottery show..

This. Yes the show is horrid and supertacky but it has huge ratings.All she has to do is going there and slaying with her performance and then suddenly leaving the peasants of that show. Her song will surely explode after that in european markets and not only there (the show is very popular in Australia and Israel as well). I'm definitely here for an Eurovision grand performance in "her" Portugal.

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

This. Yes the show is horrid and supertacky but it has huge ratings.All she has to do is going there and slaying with her performance and then suddenly leaving the peasants of that show. Her song will surely explode after that in european markets and not only there (the show is very popular in Australia and Israel as well). I'm definitely here for an Eurovision grand performance in "her" Portugal.

Yes,  I would love her to do Eurovision.  It has a huge built in audience and is incredibly popular with a cult like following as well. 

Plus, Justin Timberlake scored huge exposure for his performance  of " Can't stop the feeling"  Regardless of what people here think of Justin,  this got him great exposure and he performed and spoke in a very professional manner.  Madonna is a much better performer than Justin so imagine what she could do with this platform and audience. 

Madonna needs to remind everyone why she is the Queen of pop, music and leaves all of the others for dead.  Performing live on a show that attract millions of viewers would do so. I am all for it. 

Love Eurovision and all it’s tacky wonder. It gets 300m viewers worldwide. It’s a no brainer but it would be next year or later if she ever does it. It’s only a month away... 

She's more likely to go on Eurovision to present the results from the Portuguese jury whilst spraying her face with rose mist than she is to grace the stage with an explosive new single. Sad but true.

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

She's more likely to go on Eurovision to present the results from the Portuguese jury whilst spraying her face with rose mist than she is to grace the stage with an explosive new single. Sad but true.

Nooo, dont give her ideas :)

Well, i don't find it tacky for her. I mean, the show is incredibly SERIOUS for lots of countries. The fact that UK, Spain or Germany don't take the show too serious and we even sometimes send joke acts, other countries live it as if it were a religion. Madonna would have lots of exposure! 

If I were here I would do it!!! 

But yeah, zero chance :lol:

I'll hope till the end of the final that she will come on stage and sing a song for us, in Lisboa ... we'll be there, end it would so special.

Not tacky. Everybody want to be in the show, every contries want to win. Such an exposure. Such an impact on tourism. The people who think that Eurovision is tacky better listen to the contestants and judge for themself by comparing what's on the radio all day. Must of them are sooo much better. Of course, there always will be San Marino ;-) ... that's why we love the Eurovision son Contest and that's why we are proud being european. Don't divide. Unite. we don't insulte. We congratulate.

tacky as fuck but what opportunities do you have these days to get your music out there?

justin has been well received last (?) year and I would love to see M getting the same exposure. 

38 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, i don't find it tacky for her. I mean, the show is incredibly SERIOUS for lots of countries. The fact that UK, Spain or Germany don't take the show too serious and we even sometimes send joke acts, other countries live it as if it were a religion. Madonna would have lots of exposure! 

This! Some countries mock it but they watch and talk about it anyway. It’s huge and almost unavoidable. 

7 hours ago, karbatal said:

Germany? I dont recall seeing a joke act attdnding the esc. Maybe 199something

Well I love watching eurovision and it has become more serious the latest years,I miss the joke tacky extravagant acts tbh,in true eurovision tradition I'd hate for a big American artist to perform like I did with jt simply because the spirit of the competition is different!Nevertheless it would be a great idea for huge promotion of Madonna's new work she could be invited as a super honored guest of the country that hosts this year!It would boost her album/single tremendously 

Doing sessions with Kim Kardashian is by definition tacky, as well as going to every other talk show to promote some face cream or some random gym in Mexico City or promoting children books to a bunch of middle age party gays or constantly posting juvenile low quality selfies ...

... however using the biggest annual entertainment show on the planet as promo and reaching an audience of circa 200mln+ is not, it's just smart. People can be fans or not of Eurovision, but to not understand that a show of this magnitude that has been running since 1956 and has a huge following and reaches the majority of the European markets + Israel and Australia and some other random markets on certain broadcasters (USA and China included), is just irrational. Eurovision is bigger and more widespread than Super Bowl, and I don't see people complaining about that promo.

Now unfortunately Madonna and "her team" are making such odd career choices lately so I doubt they'd realize how beneficial this could turn out, but if there is already a single ready and if they'd convince the European Broadcasting Union and the producers of the show, this would be a great way to promote a new musical project. This certainly helped Justin Timberlake and his crappy release back in 2016 when he acted as an interval act on the show, for sure his song wouldn't become the hit it became in Europe without that promo because he was already passed his time back then and the single wasn't really "Europe-oriented" to begin with. Now Madonna, unlike JT, is much bigger in Europe and one could argue it has even been her main market for the past decades+, so this would just be a natural good exposure for her.

Edited by Substitute4Me

Definitely not too tacky. It's a hugely established brand and has a massive history within pop music (ABBA etc) And too camp? Y'all need to remember who you stan. :lol:

Any promotion (and certainly any performance) is welcome.

But I can't see it, a bit too late in the day and I don't think the music is ready yet.