Syria

In all honesty there is dirt from both sides and we are here discussing, debating if not arguing and torturing each other because we think our side is better or right or whatever.

Truth is if we all just stopped this nonsense of picking sides or decide what's what's that would help us to get along fine. Forget the past, the evil, the right or wrong, forgive each other and make peace and move forward together for everybody's sake. 

That is the solution. That is the answer. Wars will never solve anything. Proof? Thousand years of history. 

The thing with Trump as I have always stressed is that he is just not a good man. He's shady as fuck. I can't believe people actually voted for him. I mean who even could in their right mind? The man is a joke in everything he represents. His somewhat charitable nature is a masquerade of the evil that he carries inside. 

People beliving he got emotional over the pictures of the dying children are just not thinking right. Trump was aware of all of that for years now. We all knew. It was reported time and time again that Assad was gassing his own people. Even Obama back then spoke out against that. There were tensions yet again between the US and Russia as Russia supports Syria but nothing was resolved. Russia got fully involved and nothing was resolved. More bombing, more strikes. More people dying. Then we had Brexit and the US elections and that wasn't reported that much but the war was still on. Still more deaths, children getting gassed.  Now Trump SEES the pictures and he loses it. The West is going crazy over this because there are actually people supporting this. By irony these are the same people who hated Trump. The people who loved Trump - Spazz comes to mind- are left baffled and confused and taken for a fool. Yes you are. You gave him the power and now he fooled ya.  Deal with it. Nothing wrong in admitting that. We forgive you.

• 1 year later...

I'm just seeing this on the news. USA, UK and France launch Tomahawk missiles on Syria after chemical weapons attack by Syrian regime. Russia and Syria claim attack was staged.

"Such actions will not be without consequences" claims the Russian Ambassador to the US.

Will it escalate or is it a one-off symbolic act?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/apr/14/syria-donald-trump-announcement-chemical-attack-live

Scary stuff.  Chemical weapons are inexcusable in every way but don't believe that the USA, UK and France are doing it simply out of concern for the citizens of Syria.  They have turned a blind eye to far too many other atrocities in the World. 

Trump's new security adviser John Boltan is well known for his love of war.  He still believes in the view to declare war on Iraq as correct.  So much for Trump draining the swamp.  The whole "cold war"  had people in fear for decades but never led to a world war.  With Trump as leader,  I don't think anyone knows what will happen. 

Let’s see how this develops but normally this is only useful to get a president out, put a puppet new government and let a country be chaotic and poor for decades  while you control the resources and geostrategic situation. 

i doubt any Syrian refugee will ever go back unless they’re forced to do it. Imagine their future lives in foreign countries, trapped. I can’t even grasp how difficult it will be. 

Both Trump and May are using this Syrian crisis to save face. Trump has been accused of being a Putin enabler/ Russian collusion, etc.. so hes desperate for credibility. May has been trying for 2 years now to shake away from the Brexit fiasco so what a better opportunity to call for the EU to unite and bomb Syria? Im not saying that theres no evidence of the use of chemical weapons against the Syrian people.. i mean who knows for sure? But these airstrikes, attacks couldnt come at a better time for both Trump and May. 

So we have this french guy who wants to be the new Napoleon, a young british lady unseccsusfull in domestic politics and wants to gain success in forein policy and than this orange utan whi just wants to play with rocktets.....

Why did them not attack Israel when they used phosphoric weapons at Palestine or occupy palestine land or torch lemon tree plantages there ???

Let the 3. war begin, I rule for Russia, China and Iran coalation. Playing with bombs in a sovering country is noones business. Bushes, Blairs and Chiracs did it in the past, its enough already....uhm no, next stop is North Korea or Iran....

16 minutes ago, jaron said:

So we have this french guy who wants to be the new Napoleon, a young british lady unseccsusfull in domestic politics and wants to gain success in forein policy and than this orange utan whi just wants to play with rocktets.....

Why did them not attack Israel when they used phosphoric weapons at Palestine or occupy palestine land or torch lemon tree plantages there ???

Let the 3. war begin, I rule for Russia, China and Iran coalation. Playing with bombs in a sovering country is noones business. Bushes, Blairs and Chiracs did it in the past, its enough already....uhm no, next stop is North Korea or Iran....

I agree with you but dont fool yourself that Russia, China or Iran are better than the West. These rulers are all the same. Doesnt matter if east or west. Theyre all enemies of humanity. 

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

I agree with you but dont fool yourself that Russia, China or Iran are better than the West. These rulers are all the same. Doesnt matter if east or west. Theyre all enemies of humanity. 

of course I dont fool myself, I just wanted to point out that it is sick that them playing with innocent lifes there, why did they not attack Syria many many years ago and start doing it now ? Just look at the three, and not so surprised germany does support this attack aswell but doesnt want to take part in.

The others are worse too.

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Scary stuff.  Chemical weapons are inexcusable in every way but don't believe that the USA, UK and France are doing it simply out of concern for the citizens of Syria.  They have turned a blind eye to far too many other atrocities in the World. 

Trump's new security adviser John Boltan is well known for his love of war.  He still believes in the view to declare war on Iraq as correct.  So much for Trump draining the swamp.  The whole "cold war"  had people in fear for decades but never led to a world war.  With Trump as leader,  I don't think anyone knows what will happen. 

Watching the Maybot's faux concerned and completely  inauthentic TV statement was sick inducing. I'm not surprised that it's those 3 basket case countries that have gone in all guns blazing (so to speak) And I don't care how conspiracy-theory-ish it sounds, but those "chemical attack" videos just don't come across as authentic to me, but it's the plebs watching the news with their dinner on their lap that they have to convince, and it's so easy.to do so.

19 minutes ago, jaron said:

of course I dont fool myself, I just wanted to point out that it is sick that them playing with innocent lifes there, why did they not attack Syria many many years ago and start doing it now ? Just look at the three, and not so surprised germany does support this attack aswell but doesnt want to take part in.

The others are worse too.

My problem is we dont have a true leadership in this Syrian war. Assad is described as a dictator from the west. Russia is defending his regime and that complicates everything; the west would never want to come to a conflict with Russia as theres too much at stake. Its not an easy situation. If Russia wasnt in the picture Syria would have become another Iraq war. And we all know how that played out. Still Russia is not there to protect the people but to protect Assad and his twisted regime. So its a huge mess where unfortunately its the people who are paying the price. 

But in the end both Russia and the West are hypocrites as no one wants to help the refugees. Nobody wants them in Europe. People are fed up with them and blame them for the alarming rise of immigrants as many people from Africa and Asia come to the west as asylum seekers. But instead of wanting to help these people the west is slowly giving power to leaders with fascist and racist agendas.  

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Watching the Maybot's faux concerned and completely  inauthentic TV statement was sick inducing. I'm not surprised that it's those 3 basket case countries that have gone in all guns blazing (so to speak) And I don't care how conspiracy-theory-ish it sounds, but those "chemical attack" videos just don't come across as authentic to me, but it's the plebs watching the news with their dinner on their lap that they have to convince, and it's so easy.to do so.

Agree.  The whole thing stinks to high heaven. 

Also if Trump and May were so concerned for the citizens of Syria as they are claiming,  why do they demonize Refugees ?  

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also if Trump and May were so concerned for the citizens of Syria as they are claiming,  why do they demonise Refugees ?  

This 100%

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also is Trump and May were so concerned for the citizens of Syria as they are claiming,  why do they demonise Refugees ?  

It's a joke, but a very sick one; playing with people's lives.

We've also just been through weeks of The Curious Case of the Poisoned Russians over here, with two people supposedly poisoned in public by deadly Russian nerve agents (both now miraculously recovering in hospital). The whole thing has been an absolute circus.

Not in any way to do with diverting attention away from disastrous Brexit negotiations that have been embarrassing the govt on a daily basis of course.

I doubt Assad would be using chemical weapons while he’s winning. The whole thing serves nothing but excuse for those 3 powers to enter. 

TIMELINE:

March 4 2018 Sergei and Yulia Skripal are attacked with a nerve agent in Salisbury, UK.

March 6 2018 Boris Johnson blames Russia and calls Russia “a malign force”

March 7 2018 Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia arrives in London for an official visit

March 13 2018 Valeri Gerasimov, Russian Chief of General Staff, states that Russia has intelligence a fake chemical attack is planned against civilians in Syria as a pretext for US bombing of Damascus, and that Russia will respond militarily.

March 19 2018 Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia arrives in Washington for an official visit

April 8 2018 Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia arrives in Paris for an official visit

April 8 2018 Saudi funded jihadist groups Jaysh al Islam and Tahrir al-Sham and UK funded jihadist “rescue group” The White Helmets claim a chemical weapons attack occurred in their enclave of Douma the previous day – just before its agreed handover to the Syrian army – and blame the Syrian government.

April 11 2018 Saudi Arabia pledges support for attack on Syria

April 14 2018 US/UK/French attack on Syria begins

YOU DO THE MATH.

27 minutes ago, Kim said:

TIMELINE:

March 4 2018 Sergei and Yulia Skripal are attacked with a nerve agent in Salisbury, UK.

March 7 2018 Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia arrives in London for an official visit

March 13 2018 Valeri Gerasimov, Russian Chief of General Staff, states that Russia has intelligence a fake chemical attack is planned against civilians in Syria as a pretext for US bombing of Damascus, and that Russia will respond militarily.

March 19 2018 Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia arrives in Washington for an official visit

April 8 2018 Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia arrives in Paris for an official visit

April 8 2018 Saudi funded jihadist groups Jaysh al Islam and Tahrir al-Sham and UK funded jihadist “rescue group” The White Helmets claim a chemical weapons attack occurred in their enclave of Douma the previous day – just before its agreed handover to the Syrian army – and blame the Syrian government.

YOU DO THE MATH.

Saudi Arabia is always involved behind the scenes too.  

That time line you posted says it all. 

Exactly what distraction Don dingbat wanted...a total 4th of July like SIDESHOW (distraction) from Comey, Cohen and the treasure trove of disastrous domestic issues. All the media is talking about now. Yet, he knows they know they have to. He gets to say 'Mission Accomplished' for his 30% low info, beady eyed Fox News dolts yet what the fuq is this really accomplishing other than...diverting attention from the horrid week he had last week! lol

2 hours ago, Kim said:

TIMELINE:

YOU DO THE MATH.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Kim said:

TIMELINE:

YOU DO THE MATH.

Very eye opening indeed. 

6 hours ago, Kim said:

TIMELINE:

YOU DO THE MATH.

FUCK THAT MOHAMMED BIN SALMAN! :americanlife: 

And yet all 3 powers voluntarily to be his pull string puppets in exchange for oil.

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also if Trump and May were so concerned for the citizens of Syria as they are claiming,  why do they demonize Refugees ?  

THIS

“So you strike. Then what?” Ryan Crocker, a former Ambassador to Syria (as well as Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Lebanon, and Kuwait), told me. “If the rockets hit the targets they intended, you could say the mission was accomplished in a narrow sense. But, in reality, it accomplished nothing. It might have been better if we’d not struck at all. It’s sending a message that killing is O.K. any way but one way—with chemical weapons. How many have been killed in Eastern Ghouta during this whole Syrian campaign? Far more by non-chemical means. It’s obscene.”

The strike, Crocker said, demonstrated the limits of the West’s power rather than its commitment to ending the murderous reign of the Assad family, which has ruled Syria for nearly half a century. The operation could even produce the “appearance of impotence” among Western nations. “What damage did we really do?” Crocker, now a fellow at Princeton University, asked. “You can strike once, which we did. The second time around is less meaningful. The Syrians keep using“—chemical weapons—“and we say, ‘Naughty, naughty.’ It tees up a great opportunity for Assad to show how impotent and irrelevant we are.”

Like many U.S. diplomats who have served in the region, Crocker said that he is still waiting for a diplomatic vision to end the war, not simply a military plan to deal with one repugnant tactic. “It seems like the policy right now is not to have a policy. Syria is not a military problem. It is a political problem.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trumps-dangerous-mission-accomplished-boast-about-his-syria-strike?mbid=social_twitter

The Russian prediction of chemical attack in March was this proved ? All the articles and video I saw posted was from 3 days ago.

Sadly innocent people will suffer. In Syria and in some years in the EU through terrorist attacks. Uk, French and USA people have to vote those leaders out and we all need courts to judge them afterwards. 

I am sick and tired of politicians leading their countries or other countries to disaster and never paying the consequences. Where are Bush,  Blair and Aznar???? Their EVIL ideas destroyed Iraq and were pivotal to the rising of the Islamic State. Where are they? At home feeling superior. 

Trump, May and Macron will bring pain and death too. They’ll be at home very comfortably when the shit hits the fan. 

Sorry but I’m tired of politicians only facing economic charges in trial. They should pay for their actions when they are bringing things to disaster. 

So, let me get this straight... We're bombing Syria, because Syria bombed Syria, to show Syria that Syria shouldn't bomb Syria. Then, after we've bombed Syria for bombing Syria, we still won't accept Syrian refugees that are seeking refuge from the bombing. Got it.

4 hours ago, GOD said:

The Russian prediction of chemical attack in March was this proved ? All the articles and video I saw posted was from 3 days ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/russia-military-threatens-action-against-the-us-in-syria.html

Published 6:31 AM ET Tue, 13 March 2018

Russian military threatens action against the US in Syria

The Russian military has threatened action against the U.S. if it strikes Syria's capital city of Damascus, according to multiple news reports.

The threat, by Chief of Russia's General Staff Valery Gerasimov, was widely reported by Russia media sites such as state news agency RIA and Tass. It said Gerasimov said Russia had "reliable information" about militants preparing to falsify a government chemical attack against civilians.

He continued by saying the U.S. would then use this attack to accuse Syrian government troops of using chemical weapons. He added that the U.S. would then plan to launch a missile strike on government districts in Damascus.

"In several districts of Eastern Ghouta, a crowd was assembled with women, children and old people, brought from other regions, who were to represent the victims of the chemical incident, " Gerasimov said, according to RIA.

Gerasimov said Russia would respond to a U.S. strike on Syria if the lives of Russian servicemen were threatened, targeting any missiles and launchers involved.

"In case there is a threat to the lives of our military, the Russian Armed Force will take retaliatory measures both over the missiles and carriers that will use them," he said.

The U.S. Department of Defense urged Russia to "stop creating distractions" and "enabling the Assad regime's brutality" in a statement sent to CNBC responding to the allegations.