MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

WHAT ABOUT: When the RHT Manchester show ended with 'Material Girl'?

Please Queen do not repeat this sort of behaviour for the 2018-2019 Greatest Hits stadium tour!! 

She looks like she cant wait for the show to end there

Worst show ever. She's pissed off throughout the entire thing.

her moves and looks are just so much more on point in the earlier shows of the tour,even in this one...perplexing why they'd choose the last ones,where she's understandably dead tired,to shoot

“I guess I thought I was gonna drive a car through these sections here “

Anyone know why?

i wonder how late she was, video crashed, back up card compromised, that;s probably why.

plus when she sings open your heart she goes after monte for playing guitar, lol

9 hours ago, Dr Lecter said:

“I guess I thought I was gonna drive a car through these sections here “

What did she mean by that?

That there were loads of empty seats where people gave up and left 

the bad press about her late starts really got to her
so much for those who say she doesn't give a ...

Yes it doesn’t help future attendees .

to be fair some of the transport links are not great at the best of times I always have to get a hotel when i go to a concert 

plus I like a drink or two 

4 hours ago, Dr Lecter said:

That there were loads of empty seats where people gave up and left 

Naw, she was commenting on the huge big gaps either side of the catwalk to separate the runway package holders from the rest of the plebs. They didn't do that in London. 

The problem with the Manchester show is that she was being loudly booed before she came out. Everyone knows she'a always late, so it was a bit over the top.

BUT she said later that they were ready to go by 9:30 (same time she eventually appeared in Glasgow despite there being no video problems or whatever) yet still didn't come out till 10 ish.

If you're playing somewhere with a curfew, then come out in good time. It's just basic manners really.

I felt sorry for her for the video crashing !

The whole late start thing on the last 2 tours for me in inexcusable.....she never ever used to be so god damn late.

Everyone else manages it but rocking up hours late is terrible for the fans who have paid a small fortune to see you, and rude.

Such a shame as her live shows continue to get mass praise across the board (when her music nowerdays is left out in the cold) yet her terrible late starts are tarnishing her incredible reputation she has built over the years.

Well if I'm not mistaken the RHT tickets only said "opening act on at 8pm" (at least mine did in the US) so to me that doesn't imply when Madonna would be on stage.   How can she be "2 hour late" when there was no set time?   I understand the trains closing is the most important thing but I remember a lot of news articles said she was late. She can't be late if she didn't specify when she'd be on.

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Well if I'm not mistaken the RHT tickets only said "opening act on at 8pm" (at least mine did in the US) so to me that doesn't imply when Madonna would be on stage.   How can she be "2 hour late" when there was no set time?   I understand the trains closing is the most important thing but I remember a lot of news articles said she was late. She can't be late if she didn't specify when she'd be on.

If you need to stop your performance because the venue is closing then YOU'RE LATE.

6 hours ago, Kim said:

Naw, she was commenting on the huge big gaps either side of the catwalk to separate the runway package holders from the rest of the plebs.

This is what I got from it too.

For me, the highlight of the night was when she told us all to stop being diva bitches, I couldn't stop laughing, yet, people got offended by it and left.

Someone said on Popjustice a while ago that the reason for the lateness was to do with Rocco, and that the screen situation was an excuse. Not sure where they got their source from though, probably a rumour.

1 minute ago, tasteinmen said:

This is what I got from it too.

For me, the highlight of the night was when she told us all to stop being diva bitches, I couldn't stop laughing, yet, people got offended by it and left.

Someone said on Popjustice a while ago that the reason for the lateness was to do with Rocco, and that the screen situation was an excuse. Not sure where they got their source from though, probably a rumour.

I do think the screen thing was an excuse, no idea about Rocco though.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I do think the screen thing was an excuse, no idea about Rocco though.

I heard that too perhaps not for a one off but her shows for most of the tour were incredibly late. 

i think that's around the time when some tabloids talked about the rocco thing. it was a bad and sad time, and we could tell as fans from her attitude. imagine being slandered in the media for your parenting skills, having the world against you again, and your own son giving you a hard time and running to your golddigging ex husband. she always says she wants to be remember as a good mother (a good friend and a good wife) so that says a lot

Well it makes for a better ending over Holiday! 

3 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Well it makes for a better ending over Holiday! 

I loved Holiday! The DVD doesn’t need do it justice the impact on the stadium at the end was so wonderful everyone singing and dancing!

I understand it was very paced and chilled compared to her other finals but we all know she is getting older. I loved it.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

i think that's around the time when some tabloids talked about the rocco thing. it was a bad and sad time, and we could tell as fans from her attitude. imagine being slandered in the media for your parenting skills, having the world against you again, and your own son giving you a hard time and running to your golddigging ex husband. she always says she wants to be remember as a good mother (a good friend and a good wife) so that says a lot

Well she was in a great mood when I saw her a few days later. This was just a show for the "definitely one of the all-time worst" list.

I was at this show and as she was indeed late, they have a curfew before the show has to end, she had to cut the show short and end the set quickly.

there were a lot of pissed off people that night...

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Naw, she was commenting on the huge big gaps either side of the catwalk to separate the runway package holders from the rest of the plebs. They didn't do that in London. 

The problem with the Manchester show is that she was being loudly booed before she came out. Everyone knows she'a always late, so it was a bit over the top.

BUT she said later that they were ready to go by 9:30 (same time she eventually appeared in Glasgow despite there being no video problems or whatever) yet still didn't come out till 10 ish.

If you're playing somewhere with a curfew, then come out in good time. It's just basic manners really.

Ah I see . I didn’t know that!

i don’t get what’s so threatening about the o2 that she starts bang on time . I was at the bar ordering my three beers and heard jacko start and had to mince back just in time after convincing my friend the first night “she’s always late “

tjen again i was convinced for a or a split second that Graham’s abortion as the Unapologetic Bitch was Gianni Versace 

4 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

i don’t get what’s so threatening about the o2 that she starts bang on time . I was at the bar ordering my three beers and heard jacko start and had to mince back just in time after convincing my friend the first night “she’s always late “

tjen again i was convinced for a or a split second that Graham’s abortion as the Unapologetic Bitch was Gianni Versace 

I'd like to know that myself. They're basically sending out the message that if you want the full concert experience in the UK then don't bother going to any other city except London. Another thing that's affecting her UK career.

I remember during RIT and Confessions she was on at the same time every single night without fail (probably cos Guy was waiting at home checking his watch for her return)

Graham looked like some random tramp she pulled up off the street

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

I'd like to know that myself. They're basically sending out the message that if you want the full concert experience in the UK then don't bother going to any other city except London. Another thing that's affecting her UK career.

I remember during RIT and Confessions she was on at the same time every single night without fail (probably cos Guy was waiting at home checking his watch for her return)

Graham looked like some random tramp she pulled up off the street

That’s what puzzles me I mean the MDNA tour was her most lavish so much going on so I understood some of the lates with so many things technically that could go wrong.

But not the RH tour. It’s ironic because we are always hearing how she is a stickler for being on time, interviews and appearances and people she works with are always commenting how religiously punctual she is.

I don’t think it’s fair when your charging her prices to be late and effect people’s travel I do think the lateness has effected her footfall.

That said I am grateful she still gives us amazing shows with unrivalled energy.

I don't mind lateness unless it means the show will have to end early. Anyone know what happens if she goes past curfew? A fine? If so, she should have finished the show and paid it. These lifelong fans spent hundreds to see you. At least show some respect and apologize like you mean it. And if the problem was technical, send someone out on stage to explain -- or, even better, do it personally. My guess is that it was just an excuse though.

14 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That’s what puzzles me I mean the MDNA tour was her most lavish so much going on so I understood some of the lates with so many things technically that could go wrong.

But not the RH tour. It’s ironic because we are always hearing how she is a stickler for being on time, interviews and appearances and people she works with are always commenting how religiously punctual she is.

I don’t think it’s fair when your charging her prices to be late and effect people’s travel I do think the lateness has effected her footfall.

That said I am grateful she still gives us amazing shows with unrivalled energy.

Well Madonna is a stickler for OTHER people being on time - herself, not so much. I get the whole star keeping everyone wating thing , I think it was Liz Taylor who said she was purposefully 20 minutes late for everything, but Madonna takes it to the nth degree.

It's not something that bothers me personally, but I do know it's having an affect on her concert rep, which isn't good.

MDNA at THE WORLDS WORST CONCERT VENUE ™️ HYDE PARK was on time too

ah the good old days when she was out on time