MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

WHAT ABOUT: When the RHT Manchester show ended with 'Material Girl'?

47 minutes ago, Mad_On_Her said:

it was stipulated in sydney that Madonna would be on at 9pm. she didnt get on stage until 1am. thats 4 hours. no respect for her audience whatsoever and I will not being going to see her live again.

She did not get on stage at 1. There's multiple articles saying for the Sydney shows what time she started and none say 1am.    

25 minutes ago, Mad_On_Her said:

i actually had about 1200 posts and joined this forum in 2003. i actually have a life that doesnt revolve around pointless madonna chatter. you need to get your facts straight it wasnt the clown show i mean what type of fan are you?? im in sydney. that was melbourne. fail!!! got your knickers in knot because i have spoken what a lot of people have that arent obsessive fans with no life

for you to assume Im going to speculate whether or not you've had another account years ago would actually indicate I have no life.

Same about where you're from. how in the world am I suppose to know all this information about you?

she's never started a show at 1am (unless it's the clown one, but even that one might have been earlier - I'm not certain of the exact time). However for a paid standard concert she's never started at 1am, so what you rudely want to shove down my throat is a lie.

then you're ranting about fans you've spoken to "who arent obsessives".. so they're 100% correct by standard? (even though if we do the research we dont see the 1am time anywhere - they're still right, correct?)

:blink:

36 minutes ago, Mad_On_Her said:

ah no. im not. the last sydney show wasnt the clown show it was the last show of the tour. i didnt get home till 4am and the concert was shit

That show started at 11:30. Why are you lying?

11 minutes ago, Confessit said:

The visuals and staging were out of the world though so although I crave a band like the girlie show, MDNA was spectacular so made up for it.

Yes the visuals of MDNA were amazing. It's not an either/or situation though.

I went to the last show in Sydney and she did NOT start as late at 1 am.    I thought the concert was great too. 

you guys are just too spoiled being so used to see her live... her Manila show started, I don't know, almost 11pm and no one complained... all were thankful she performed here for the first time...

2 hours ago, Mad_On_Her said:

it was stipulated in sydney that Madonna would be on at 9pm. she didnt get on stage until 1am. thats 4 hours.

Why are you a lying bitch and who do you think you're trying to fool?

no respect for her audience whatsoever and I will not being going to see her live again.

Well good riddance.

3 hours ago, Mad_On_Her said:

it was stipulated in sydney that Madonna would be on at 9pm. she didnt get on stage until 1am. thats 4 hours. no respect for her audience whatsoever and I will not being going to see her live again.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to see you either, tbqh

And btw, yes we remember you and we clearly remember the type of person you are. Now time to go back to your so interesting life.

My best friend was at the last show in Sydney and she definitely didn't start at 1AM . I think there would be a thread here if she did. 

I'm agreeing with most people on here that there's a late late start and there a Madonna's late LATE Start . It'd gotten worst over the years .

I didn't feel anything for the RHT due to the excitement and the fact that Madonna was performing in Thailand for the first time . 

For MDNA it was much worse . Standing in the desert heat ( 45 C + ) waiting for what seemed like 3-4 hours and when she came on she lip-syched most of the bloody thing . Had to walk back to the hotel due to lack of transport ( most people did as the ' organised ' buses had really long queues  ) but personally for me it was still worth it . It was Madonna. I wouldn't have done it for any other artist . 

I went to both Sydney shows. Live nation sent an email out stating the show would start at 10pm both nights. Night one she came on just a few minutes after 10pm. No one cared she was on at that time it was Saturday night and we were in a party mode. Crowd was awesome people were screaming so loud and the whole arena dancing on their feet the whole show.

Night 2 yes she was late came on at around 11.30, they did make an announcement in the arena before 10pm to say she would be late and on stage at about 10.30 but i didn't hear one boo or anyone getting cranky. Show finished at about 2.20am lol. People still had a good time. However the trains were to stop at 1am so people started leaving early to make the trains but when i say leaving only it was only a few hundred and some of the sections were emptier than others but suprisingly the arena was still pretty full when she ended the show at 2.20am (i thought it would be half empty by then) and we were lucky and trains were extended to get us all home. She even thanked us for being a good crowd and seemed genuinely to have enjoyed performing and spoke to us a lot before la vie en rose and appeared to be in no hurry to rush off stage.

I saw a guy at work the next day (we both had zero sleep) and he raved about the show his wife is a big fan so he went and said it was amazing and just laughed about lateness and said he hadnt had an all nighter for about 20 years but was worth it! 

I was wondering one thing
Does the fact that Kiley and Nicki are both credited as background "visuals" (or something like that) in the RHTour DVD mean they actually didn't sing and their part was totally pre-recorded? It would be kind of absurd though

I remember following the last two shows of RHT on periscope and both nights were magical. The energy was insane especially  during LAP and no one seemed to care about the time at all because they knew it was the final show. 

Starting at 1 am would be ridiculous and disrespectful. I don’t recall hearing that.

22 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Starting at 1 am would be ridiculous and disrespectful. I don’t recall hearing that.

You are correct Flip the Switch.  It is Fake news.  It never happened.  

Read @Leebf great post in this thread about the final 2 Sydney concerts.  He clears that false fact up perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Read @Leebf great post in this thread about the final 2 Sydney concerts.  He clears that false fact up perfectly. 

TOAC  was the only show i recall her coming on very late, a free show wich was essentialy a gift for the aussie fans, plus everyone knew that the reason she started so late was because she had spent the whole day rehearsing like crazy, how can anyone bitch about that? 

Kinda OT but not really, was this curfew deal the reason why so many BAT shows in Europe started during the day...? Anyone know?

8 hours ago, Gus said:

Kinda OT but not really, was this curfew deal the reason why so many BAT shows in Europe started during the day...? Anyone know?

I don't think so, it just doesn't get dark until very late in some European countries, especially further north you go.. It's still lightish about 10pm here in high summer and she always came on at regular times back then - around 8ish.

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Thanks @Jazzy Jan

5 hours ago, Kim said:

I don't think so, it just doesn't get dark until very late in some European countries, especially further north you go.. It's still lightish about 10pm here in high summer and she always came on at regular times back then - around 8ish.

Right i forget it was during the summer, thanks!

We all know she tends to be late, so I don’t understand the need to exaggerate and make shit up. IF she had ever entered the stage for a show (that wasn’t free entrance) at 1 am, we would never hear the end of it. We know how media & social media acts when they get their pitchforks out when it comes to Madonna. 

On 15/04/2018 at 2:12 PM, Kim said:

That show started at 11:30. Why are you lying?

s-72349b10024fd4804eb2afd6c27a3c59d07ede

Scary stuff. At least she now comes on ontime in London. Trying to get home after Wembley 2008 was one of the most horrible night of my life! No tube, no bus, no taxis and full stadium of people trying to get home all at once. It’s never ok to be late for an event like that. 

Material Girl is a REALLY good song & the RHT remix gave it some new life :dramatic:

I’M JUST SAYING

5 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

Material Girl is a REALLY good song & the RHT remix gave it some new life :dramatic:

I’M JUST SAYING

:headbang:

4 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I’M JUST SAYING

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

:headbang:

Loved it. (I mean, it followed that particularly HOT version of “Candy Shop,” so... ) Loved that whole section of the show, tbqh. Perfection.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:19 PM, IsaacHarris said:

I’M JUST SAYING

THIS!!!!!

A perfectly done "re-invention" of a classic.

OMG WTF!!! That's bonkers!

On 17/04/2018 at 10:25 PM, luluthecat said:

Scary stuff. At least she now comes on ontime in London. Trying to get home after Wembley 2008 was one of the most horrible night of my life! No tube, no bus, no taxis and full stadium of people trying to get home all at once. It’s never ok to be late for an event like that. 

Yes, Wembley stadium is a terrible venue in general. I was lucky as I left during Give It 2 Me as I was in the seats where the speakers blew so couldn't hear so decided to leave early.

She wasn't that late on. The public transport system was just rubbish.

But yes, she has to come on in time on London now owing to the curfew.

And she is the Queen of reinventing her songs

Like a Virgin, erotica, candy shop, express yourself, Vogue, holiday etc have all had amazing reworks