MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedey

WHAT ABOUT: When the RHT Manchester show ended with 'Material Girl'?

10 hours ago, Starman said:

The band doesnt sound real at all

this......the only thing i like about this current band you can hear the best in the live cd...is the extended live music on unapologetic bitch. the rest sounds like cd versionss, bland empty. especially bitch im madonna.

11 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

but guess what....She didn't fucking cancel...so...............

Just as well, seeing as she did  cancel a S&S show in the same city due to low ticke...er, scheduling conflicts. Anyway late in the UK was early for everywhere else, she simply didn't expect to get booed or get a backlash and that's why ahe was annoyed.

8 minutes ago, acko said:

Muahahahah, Cuz the people would REVOLT. :fag:

It is REVOLTING paying £300 for a seat up the back. I don't know why we put up with it.

11 hours ago, Starman said:

The band doesnt sound real at all

because they were not real. 

I don't get the need for her to play the original arrangements, unless she's performing with a real band, you can just listen to the record.

I find the Rebel Heart Tour album pretty dull, it's mostly just her rough vocals shouting over the top of the album versions. Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Who's That Girl, Deeper & Deeper & Living For Love are probably the most exciting parts because they don't sound like the CD.

Stuart Price really knew his shit. He managed to make her back catalog sound fresh yet still familiar, or even just better!

6 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I don't get the need for her to play the original arrangements, unless she's performing with a real band, you can just listen to the record.

I find the Rebel Heart Tour album pretty dull, it's mostly just her rough vocals shouting over the top of the album versions. Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Who's That Girl, Deeper & Deeper & Living For Love are probably the most exciting parts because they don't sound like the CD.

Stuart Price really knew his shit. He managed to make her back catalog sound fresh yet still familiar, or even just better!

Agreed

40 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Agreed! 

She or her musical director said somewhere that she wanted to reproduce the same sound as in the album... 

I don’t mind the tours sounding like the album, but a live band with real percussions and other real instruments would bring a lot of warm and depth to the experience 

She just needs to get rid of Kevin Antunes for fucks sake.

5 hours ago, luluthecat said:

yes yes yes

20 hours ago, geegee said:

First post on here !

In my opinion this is what she needs to do

Play greatest hits in the original arrangement (because that's why we bought them in the first place)

Get on stage early people have spent enough on tickets already so paying for taxis etc is not fair on fans

Don't play the victim on stage or off (which she has been playing alot in the last few years) 

less dancers please , cut out the pretenciousness

Passive/agressive much, eh? 

I was at this show. I didn't know what the setlist was at the time but it definitely felt cut short and leaving the arena I could tell some of the die hard fans were quite confused. It didn't really make the show any worse for me though, easily a different league to the other shows I've seen over the years

Well I guess it wasn't entirely unprecedented... 

Actually I just remembered that the Unapologetic Bitch in Glasgow was describing on facebook how he got picked and  was psyching himself up when they told him they weren't doing it and to go back to his seat, THEN they seeked him out again and told him to run as quickly as he could to his spot, then when that round riser thing came up that Madge sits on to sing La Vie the red curtain was missing as if they weren't intending to use it. SO this bitch was ready to do a Manchester Part 2. 

I'd like to think the fact she was getting a great response from the crowd and was clearly enjoying herself led to a change of mind and even to the impromptu Holiday which her people clearly told the arena wasn't happening. Of course the "arena cut off the sound" narrative was porkies but it made a good story and in a way I'm glad it happened as it made it a unigue night.

But really, all that because you can't come on half an hour earlier? Gimme a break.

The whole no album versions thing is a bit silly at this point. A good re-invention is a good re-invention,
but at the same time I don't get the just 'listen 2 the album' argument. Hearing a song LIVE is an entirely
different beast altogether. But something like OYH on MDNA is just stupid, it's not like any of us can say,
'Oh I just went 2 C Blond Ambition the other week', 'So I'm glad she did a different version'...

1 hour ago, acko said:

The whole no album versions thing is a bit silly at this point. A good re-invention is a good re-invention,
but at the same time I don't get the just 'listen 2 the album' argument. Hearing a song LIVE is an entirely
different beast altogether. But something like OYH on MDNA is just stupid, it's not like any of us can say,
'Oh I just went 2 C Blond Ambition the other week', 'So I'm glad she did a different version'...

It’s the blond ambition version that I want experience live

10 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

It’s the blond ambition version that I want experience live

To be honest though even if you like at WTG Tour version, yes it was based on the 12" remix but with that live band it was STELLAR ! 

Just a side note how do Madonna concerts nowerdays compare with others using a real band or just playing it though a computer ??

MDNA Tour had good sound tho and so did DWT and S&S wasn't that bad 

I mean, HUMAN NATURE from MDNA tour was pretty good! 

RHT was just terrible, sounded likt eh whole thing was on playback 

1 minute ago, Suedehead said:

MDNA Tour had good sound tho and so did DWT and S&S wasn't that bad 

I mean, HUMAN NATURE from MDNA tour was pretty good! 

RHT was just terrible, sounded likt eh whole thing was on playback 

Do you think some of it was the scaling down on the budget for RHT?

Compared to MDNA obviously it was produced at a much lower cost ?

On 4/13/2018 at 5:26 AM, dcbyebyebaby said:

Well if I'm not mistaken the RHT tickets only said "opening act on at 8pm" (at least mine did in the US) so to me that doesn't imply when Madonna would be on stage.   How can she be "2 hour late" when there was no set time?   I understand the trains closing is the most important thing but I remember a lot of news articles said she was late. She can't be late if she didn't specify when she'd be on.

it was stipulated in sydney that Madonna would be on at 9pm. she didnt get on stage until 1am. thats 4 hours. no respect for her audience whatsoever and I will not being going to see her live again.

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Do you think some of it was the scaling down on the budget for RHT?

Compared to MDNA obviously it was produced at a much lower cost ?

No, all those professional musicians r actually on stage, it's A CHOICE.

Just now, acko said:

No, all those professional musicians r actually on stage, it's A CHOICE.

That’s so bizarre if the musicians are there anyway getting paid.

Why not use them to make it sound better !?

I hope the sound is authentic and real when she does her residency, if she’s slowing things down and it sounds like RHT (which really is just glorified playback) then I hope she’s has killer sound otherwise it will dim the impact.

3 minutes ago, Mad_On_Her said:

it was stipulated in sydney that Madonna would be on at 9pm. she didnt get on stage until 1am.

NO WAY! 1AM?

I’d expect that from a rapper @  some nightclub (Gucci Mane, Cardi B, etc) but M? She must’ve been fucking one of her boy toys & lost track of time!

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That’s so bizarre if the musicians are there anyway getting paid.

Why not use them to make it sound better !?

I hope the sound is authentic and real when she does her residency, if she’s slowing things down and it sounds like RHT (which really is just glorified playback) then I hope she’s has killer sound otherwise it will dim the impact.

My guess it's a combo of the screen shit & pre programmed vocals that makes it easier 2 put all that shit through a computer, but what do I know.

I'm just really over it. Something like that Fisher Price Keyboard version of Holiday on RHT is just SAD.
A killer bassline would fuck a venue up like one massive orgy. People would leave with virtual cum
on their body, but Oh no... :lol:

14 minutes ago, Mad_On_Her said:

it was stipulated in sydney that Madonna would be on at 9pm. she didnt get on stage until 1am. thats 4 hours. no respect for her audience whatsoever and I will not being going to see her live again.

you're seriously here (with 12 posts nonetheless) complaining about a special one off FREE show?

9 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

NO WAY! 1AM?

I’d expect that from a rapper @  some nightclub (Gucci Mane, Cardi B, etc) but M? She must’ve been fucking one of her boy toys & lost track of time!

he's whining about the free clown show. chill

15 minutes ago, Nikki said:

he's whining about the free clown show. chill

ah no. im not. the last sydney show wasnt the clown show it was the last show of the tour. i didnt get home till 4am and the concert was shit

17 minutes ago, Nikki said:

you're seriously here (with 12 posts nonetheless) complaining about a special one off FREE show?

i actually had about 1200 posts and joined this forum in 2003. i actually have a life that doesnt revolve around pointless madonna chatter. you need to get your facts straight it wasnt the clown show i mean what type of fan are you?? im in sydney. that was melbourne. fail!!! got your knickers in knot because i have spoken what a lot of people have that arent obsessive fans with no life

6 minutes ago, Mad_On_Her said:

i actually had about 1200 posts and joined this forum in 2003. i actually have a life that doesnt revolve around pointless madonna chatter. you need to get your facts straight it wasnt the clown show i mean what type of fan are you?? im in sydney. that was melbourne. fail!!! got your knickers in knot because i have spoken what a lot of people have that arent obsessive fans with no life

Calm down. The discussion about Madonna being late was already happening before you commented. It's easy to point out someone's mistake without snapping at them.

44 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

MDNA Tour had good sound tho...

it was the MDNA soundchecks that proved everything was basically a tape being played. Didn't sound good at all!

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

it was the MDNA soundchecks that proved everything was basically a tape being played. Didn't sound good at all!

The visuals and staging were out of the world though so although I crave a band like the girlie show, MDNA was spectacular so made up for it.