MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedey

WHAT ABOUT: When the RHT Manchester show ended with 'Material Girl'?

21 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

MDNA at THE WORLDS WORST CONCERT VENUE ™️ HYDE PARK was on time too

ah the good old days when she was out on time 

I never went to that as I knew it would be shite in Hyde Park, but of course she was late in Edinburgh and cut out songs (although her soundcheck was extra extra long to kinda make up for it)

I think time has passed the uk is ready for her again 

*fails to sell out Bournemouth *

MDNA was the worst in Hyde Park! 

I guess I was lucky as I saw 3 RHT shows (NYC MSG, London and Birmingham)and she was on time for all three plus I got the lovely hair in Birmingham and got to dance with Dr Lecter to a mashup of Open Your Heart and One Moes Chance at the after party in London. What more could one ask for!

25 minutes ago, Kim said:

I never went to that as I knew it would be shite in Hyde Park, but of course she was late in Edinburgh and cut out songs (although her soundcheck was extra extra long to kinda make up for it)

No wonder she couldn’t even add a second night in Glasgow on the back of that! Poor Scottish fans. Holiday in Glasgow RHT remix. Oh well at least it wasn’t MDNA “sold out”at Aviva stadium in Dublin remix!

7 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

No wonder she couldn’t even add a second night in Glasgow on the back of that! Poor Scottish fans. Holiday in Glasgow RHT remix. Oh well at least it wasn’t MDNA “sold out”at Aviva stadium in Dublin remix!

Glasgow was a million times better but of course word of mouth from that horrid Edinburgh show was enough to put people off even bothering to go. When your attendance goes from 70k to 10k you know there's a problem. Same goes for London. Just managing two night at the O2 is... problematic :nocomment:

I think she turned a small corner with RHT though. I can’t see her selling out multiple nights at Wembley Stadium but I think she can do bette than RHT for the next UK tour if and only if she plays nice and by that I mean :

1. Start on time 

2. Play some hits - properly

3. Up the game in terms of the spectacle aspect of the show : something unique and out of the box as far as her craft is concerned 

15 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

I think she turned a small corner with RHT though. I can’t see her selling out multiple nights at Wembley Stadium but I think she can do bette than RHT for the next UK tour if and only if she plays nice and by that I mean :

1. Start on time 

2. Play some hits - properly

3. Up the game in terms of the spectacle aspect of the show : something unique and out of the box as far as her craft is concerned 

As things stand rightt now she's not doing multiple nights at Wembley Stadium, Suede. You know that as well as I do. All the arena attendances from RHT would have fitted into one night at Wembley with room left over. And most of those audiences were real fans as opposed to the general public, so she was preaching to the converted.

Unless she markets a hits tour, unless she gets a PR firm in to fix her reputation (those from the UK know what I'm talking about) or unless she just, y'know, makes a great pop album, then it's gonna be very difficult. There's no point sugar coating it. 

I just noticed you said CAN'T see:rotfl: Oops!

Mango messing with your brain eh :dead:

Mongo more like!

I remember all the predictions we made after MDNA tour of what they should/would do came true for RH.

It used to be management/record co.'s JOB to know what the fanbase of a particular country wanted/needed to keep on top. Now they don't have a clue. They really need to get a grip of her UK career. 

Tickets have always said "8pm" when I've seen her in NYC, but according to her team estimated "start time" is approx. 9:30 - 9:45. I'm pretty sure she's taken the stage before 10pm all fives times I've seen her since 2001, and that's always seemed reasonable to me since I never get there before 9pm. 

Well if there's no curfew then it's not a problem, is it?

The UK has a curfew. If you're gonna play there, then come out in time for your show not to get cut off resulting in a mountain of negative publicity. It's not rocket science.

13 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well if there's no curfew then it's not a problem, is it?

The UK has a curfew. If you're gonna play there, then come out in time for your show not to get cut off resulting in a mountain of negative publicity. It's not rocket science.

I have to agree there’s zero excuses for it.

She brought the bad press on herself no doubt about it.

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

I loved Holiday! The DVD doesn’t need do it justice the impact on the stadium at the end was so wonderful everyone singing and dancing!

I understand it was very paced and chilled compared to her other finals but we all know she is getting older. I loved it.

I don’t think her age has anything to do with it. She could’ve sat on a stool for the last number for all I care, just make it something special.  Just casually singing Holiday over the album version instrumental track just seemed a bit lacking......I really hope that was the last of Kevin Antunes. She seriously needs to freshen up the arrangements. 

Ugh LOVELY BIRMINGHAM ONE OFF HAIR 

such a waste 

Maybe after Glastonbury she will get people wanting to see her again 

in 2022 of course after she has directed her next film down the line, the fabled biopic of BEA ARTHUR 

Oh and don’t get me started on the arrangements 

*pretends to bang drum machine to beat of LFL remix*

*puts in TAke a Bow Us maxi single into Dell computer *

54 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I don’t think her age has anything to do with it. She could’ve sat on a stool for the last number for all I care, just make it something special.  Just casually singing Holiday over the album version instrumental track just seemed a bit lacking......I really hope that was the last of Kevin Antunes. She seriously needs to freshen up the arrangements. 

I agree about "Holiday." The arrangements for some of the older songs have been lacking, especially compared to what Stuart Price did. That said, at this stage in her career not changing the classics too much is probably a smart move. I do think it's time for a change in musical director though. 

The band doesnt sound real at all

she basically states why before true blue.

I say SKIP the UK. 😃

4 hours ago, Starman said:

The band doesnt sound real at all

"The band"

CTtWHl4WcAAzS-i.jpeg

First post on here !

In my opinion this is what she needs to do

Play greatest hits in the original arrangement (because that's why we bought them in the first place)

Get on stage early people have spent enough on tickets already so paying for taxis etc is not fair on fans

Don't play the victim on stage or off (which she has been playing alot in the last few years) 

less dancers please , cut out the pretenciousness

21 minutes ago, geegee said:

Don't play the victim on stage or off (which she has been playing alot in the last few years) 

??

Madonna playing the victim? WTF

12 hours ago, Dr Lecter said:

MDNA at THE WORLDS WORST CONCERT VENUE ™️ HYDE PARK was on time too

ah the good old days when she was out on time 

Yeah but that's because the week before they'd turned the mikes off literally during the performance of Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen! 

In Birmingham, she came on at 9.45 and played until 11.40. I was surprised because 10.30 is the usual cut off.

But it's not done her any favours and you could see from the schedule they expected more UK shows to go ahead.

Holiday was fun live but it's the least slick of all the live performances.

And don't get me started on the cheap swing she left on! :lmao:

6 hours ago, acko said:

I say SKIP the UK. 😃

I say skip continental Europe. I don't see why you plebs still get cheapo general admission and we dont! :grins:

4 hours ago, geegee said:

First post on here !

In my opinion this is what she needs to do

Play greatest hits in the original arrangement (because that's why we bought them in the first place)

Get on stage early people have spent enough on tickets already so paying for taxis etc is not fair on fans

less dancers please , cut out the pretenciousness

And that’s your 1st post ?? :rotfl::confused:

but guess what....She didn't fucking cancel...so...............

She should tour South Africa and take Janice’s record there 

lol at the cheap swing on Holiday. Bless. 

And wearing kurt angles outfit from the wwf 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

I say skip continental Europe. I don't see why you plebs still get cheapo general admission and we dont! :grins:

Muahahahah, Cuz the people would REVOLT. :fag: