Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jonski43

Carla Bruni anyone?

Recommended Posts

Carla Bruni is back on Radio 2 presenting French songs which is really rare in the UK. I heard her a couple of years ago on her first show. I love the lightness in her voice and casualness in her style. Such a break from the fog horns so often proclaimed as amazing singers.

She's just played her own version of Miss You by the Stones which I love.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I enjoyed her Quelqu'un m'a Dit album at the time but then she went and married that right wing monster, so...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Bruni to Bruno...that was quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Carla Bruni is back on Radio 2 presenting French songs which is really rare in the UK. I heard her a couple of years ago on her first show. I love the lightness in her voice and casualness in her style. Such a break from the fog horns so often proclaimed as amazing singers.

She's just played her own version of Miss You by the Stones which I love.

 

 

What a dreadful singing voice she has.  She basically talks more than sings and has not one bit of feeling in her voice.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Well I enjoyed her Quelqu'un m'a Dit album at the time but then she went and married that right wing monster, so...

 

The same way I feel about Jerry Hall.  I used to like her and felt sorry for her with how Mick Jagger mainly treated her like a part time mistress despite her being with him forever and having 4 children to him.   But she went and married Rupert Murdoch and now I can't stand her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

What a dreadful singing voice she has.  She basically talks more than sings and has not one bit of feeling in her voice.  

 

Oh. I love her voice. Perfect for summer evenings. It's light, floaty and just simple. Not overproduced wailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

Oh. I love her voice. Perfect for summer evenings. It's light, floaty and just simple. Not overproduced wailing.

Love that we all have different tastes !    :thumbsup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Well I enjoyed her Quelqu'un m'a Dit album at the time but then she went and married that right wing monster, so...

 

Same for me. I kind of lost touch with her, although some people have been telling me her "French Touch" album is worth a listen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Well I enjoyed her Quelqu'un m'a Dit album at the time but then she went and married that right wing monster, so...

 

I was in love with this album in 2003. Her charm has totally evaporated with subsequent albums. I do not know if it's the lack of progression in her writing that turned me off or the fact that she's Sarkozy's wife, but the magic never worked again. I still listen occasionally QMD with pleasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×