MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jonski43

Carla Bruni anyone?

Carla Bruni is back on Radio 2 presenting French songs which is really rare in the UK. I heard her a couple of years ago on her first show. I love the lightness in her voice and casualness in her style. Such a break from the fog horns so often proclaimed as amazing singers.

She's just played her own version of Miss You by the Stones which I love.

Well I enjoyed her Quelqu'un m'a Dit album at the time but then she went and married that right wing monster, so...

From Bruni to Bruno...that was quick. 

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Carla Bruni is back on Radio 2 presenting French songs which is really rare in the UK. I heard her a couple of years ago on her first show. I love the lightness in her voice and casualness in her style. Such a break from the fog horns so often proclaimed as amazing singers.

She's just played her own version of Miss You by the Stones which I love.

What a dreadful singing voice she has.  She basically talks more than sings and has not one bit of feeling in her voice.  

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Well I enjoyed her Quelqu'un m'a Dit album at the time but then she went and married that right wing monster, so...

The same way I feel about Jerry Hall.  I used to like her and felt sorry for her with how Mick Jagger mainly treated her like a part time mistress despite her being with him forever and having 4 children to him.   But she went and married Rupert Murdoch and now I can't stand her. 

36 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

What a dreadful singing voice she has.  She basically talks more than sings and has not one bit of feeling in her voice.  

Oh. I love her voice. Perfect for summer evenings. It's light, floaty and just simple. Not overproduced wailing.

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

Oh. I love her voice. Perfect for summer evenings. It's light, floaty and just simple. Not overproduced wailing.

Love that we all have different tastes !    :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Same for me. I kind of lost touch with her, although some people have been telling me her "French Touch" album is worth a listen. 

3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

I was in love with this album in 2003. Her charm has totally evaporated with subsequent albums. I do not know if it's the lack of progression in her writing that turned me off or the fact that she's Sarkozy's wife, but the magic never worked again. I still listen occasionally QMD with pleasure.