MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzy Jan

Last Northern white male rhino dies

This is heart-breaking.  Humans should be ashamed of themselves letting such a beautiful species become extinct.  RIP Sudan the white rhino.  Your species deserved better than this.  Hunters, poachers and people that profit from the killing of endangered animals are the scum of the Earth 

thumb_sngtro2gxsbg0uxi05ab0a4fe39062.jpg

The world's last male northern white rhino, Sudan, has died after "age-related complications," researchers announced Tuesday, saying he "stole the heart of many with his dignity and strength."

A statement from the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya said the 45-year-old rhino was euthanized on Monday after his condition "worsened significantly" and he was no longer able to stand. His muscles and bones had degenerated and his skin had extensive wounds.

The rhino had been part of an ambitious effort to save the subspecies from extinction with the help of the two surviving females.

"He was a great ambassador for his species and will be remembered for the work he did to raise awareness globally of the plight facing not only rhinos, but also the many thousands of other species facing extinction as a result of unsustainable human activity," said the conservancy's CEO, Richard Vigne.

Sudan was something of a celebrity, attracting thousands of visitors. Last year he was listed as "The Most Eligible Bachelor in the World" on the Tinder dating app in a fundraising effort.

The last male northern white rhino had been born in Sudan, taken to a Czech zoo and then transferred to Kenya in 2009. Rangers caring for Sudan described him as gentle.

The rhino "significantly contributed to survival of his species as he sired two females," the conservancy said. "Additionally, his genetic material was collected yesterday and provides a hope for future attempts at reproduction of northern white rhinos through advanced cellular technologies."

Image may contain: text

True. Homo sapiens is the worst that could have happened to the earth in general. Maybe the Neanderthals should have killed us instead the other way around, but who knows... they probably would not have developed any better. 

13 hours ago, Lolo said:

True. Homo sapiens is the worst that could have happened to the earth in general. Maybe the Neanderthals should have killed us instead the other way around, but who knows... they probably would not have developed any better. 

Lolo,  I thought by now the human species would have learnt enough to save our beautiful endangered animals.  It is heart breaking. 

D I S G U S T I N G

Poaching should be punishable by death, but maybe that's the dramatic vegetarian in me speaking. 

Look at this gentle giant.  :cries:  

A keeper has a poignant moment with Sudan the rhino before he died

merlin_135748854_fbae1dd6-a43c-441c-9ccf

Pedophiles, rapists, men who abuse their power in any role they hold, politicians of all colors, slavers, human traffickers, murderers, assaulters of all sorts, .... THIS bunch of human waste should become extinct and not rhinos, tigers, lions, elephants, innocent beings....

The more I know about men, the less I want to liaise with any of them.

:imsad:

Tragic. :imsad:

We must retain the rage and sadness over the extinction of the white rhino -  can not let this continue to happen to other beautiful species.  We need to be the voice for these precious animals.  They have no voice but we do. 

Image result for goodbye sudan the white rhino cartoon

I feel so powerless @Jazzy Jan overwhelmed by the shit of this world...

2 hours ago, pjcowley said:

I feel so powerless @Jazzy Jan overwhelmed by the shit of this world...

I feel the same. The extinction of the White rhino is tragic, infuriating, heart breaking and an absolute blight on this world.  It should never have happened.  

I am so happy that those beautiful pieces dy and their species rottens.

Its better to not exist than rather being hunted by rich people or some hunters for their sperms, horns, dicks etc ....just for f***** superstitious medicines etc...

World would have been a much better place when homo sapiens didnt become humanbeing...

On 13 April 2018 at 9:20 AM, jaron said:

I am so happy that those beautiful pieces dy and their species rottens.

Its better to not exist than rather being hunted by rich people or some hunters for their sperms, horns, dicks etc ....just for f***** superstitious medicines etc...

World would have been a much better place when homo sapiens didnt become humanbeing...

I will NEVER understand cruelty to animals and children  Cruelty to all humans too of course. It is something that is beyond evil and involves having no empathy and enjoying killing or hurting other living creatures.  There would be a special place in Hell for poachers that pay to kill these magnificent creatures in my world.  I would have them being continually hunted by animals and they would have no guns or weapons to help them.  We have to speak for animals because they have no voice at all. 

It is the same with the live animal export industry.  There is footage out how cattle were being tortured dreadfully before they were killed in foreign abattoirs and how sheep were dying on transport to other countries on ships in horrific conditions.  Australia just sends these poor animals overseas and the people that have seen this had  been turning their head in deliberate avoidance for the whole reason of saving as much money as possible and business reasons.  When the footage of the cattle were shown on ABC some years back,  Julia Gillard put a stop to the live animal export business immediately.   However, it was over-turned because too many were complaining about how unfair it was to the meat industry.  So basically,  extreme animal cruelty was not important enough for them to want to stop this.   Watching it made me throw up and I cried with anger and sadness.  People are trying to change things but too many in power are worried about how it will affect big business.  Money always speaks louder than the thought of both human and animal suffering.   Hopefully,  the pressure will keep being put on to stop the evil of animal cruelty.