There was such a big demonstration yesterday in Spain re Women Rights...

Nobody expected the powerful demonstration in so many cities in Spain yesterday.  Powerful and emotional. 

And only a couple of weeks ago there were big demonstration from elderly people regarding their pension.  

I've been doing several articles this past year on minorities and oppressed groups and ALL OF THEM are moving so strong! 

I got an interview last week with a wonderfully interesting woman,  expert on Social Economic and she told me something obvious: only if we join difficulties can we join solutions.  

Gays,  women,  elderly,  handicapped,  ethnic minorities,  immigrants... We all have to join!  Whebver a gay put a woman down,  he's giving power to those POWERFUL elites.  Whenever a minority uses clichés to refer other groups.... 

I told @Jazzy Jan in a message a couple of days ago.  I did a very long article on gypsies and learned so much from them.  And I could relate to their feelings of inferiority because I felt it as gay.  And women are told that as girls too.  And so many people.  

ENOUGH!  

This has to be the revolution.  Of empathy. Madonna's, REVOLUTION OF LOVE 

Wonderful that women are fighting for their rights . Women are now standing up for themselves more and more.  It is fantastic to see.   I have always shaken my head in disbelief at young women who claim they are anti feminism and wondered if they knew what the women's movement had given them.  However,  the tide has definitely turned for sure.  Would love to see women in every country of the world being treated with respect and equal rights.  

Loving too that American students are protesting loud and proudly for gun law changes.  Also with the Sydney Mardi gras, there has been so many articles in Australia about how gay people were treated for years and how the gay people that originally marched in protest were brave and willing to fight.   Same with the Black lives matter movement - brave people who are willing to fight for their rights. Racism is deplorable and should never happen. 

Love this slap down to stupid young women who think that all the rights they now have were not fought for. Kitty Flanagan is brilliant 

28 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I have always shaken my head in disbelief at young women who claim they are anti feminism and wondered if they knew what the women's movement had given them. 

Yes, it's very unnerving to see young girls being so ignorant without even realizing how privileged they are to even have a voice and a choice! What's even worse are those middle aged women who want women to return into the kitchen and being mothers and quit having careers, because they should know better. It's ok if they think it's right for them, but it's disgusting to run around and demand it from all womanhood and shame others as unfeminine or sluts or careerists or the downfall of occidental society. Sometimes I wish I could just send them back a 150 years for a couple of months to shut them up. 

Yes.  Students against guns in USA is another example.  

There's nothing more scary for those in the power than groups of people connecting and gathering strength.  In fact,  imo,  the main reason capitalism has flourished so much is because of the egoism and indidualism that brings. If not, how on Earth would we buy shamelessly t-shirts made by overworked and underpaid people from another country?  And when we less expect it,  the overworked and underpaid person is us. And nobody will care. And so on and so on.  

41 minutes ago, promise to try said:

these demonstartions,both the one in favour of elderlies rights and women´s, have taken the government and political parties offguard. and I bet the next big demostration too

They took the media moguls off guard too.. 

On 9.3.2018 at 6:04 PM, karbatal said:

If not, how on Earth would we buy shamelessly t-shirts made by overworked and underpaid people from another country?  And when we less expect it,  the overworked and underpaid person is us. And nobody will care. And so on and so on.  

It's scary and true. People know about the bigger picture but decide to ignore it completely. I am disgusted at all the Primark shoppers in my greater neighborhood at Alexanderplatz, the place itself has become a display of ugly and stupid since the store has opened a couple of years ago. And people are not even ashamed anymore of buying cheap ass clothes, i remember times when you would not want to be seen with a bag of a discount store. Today it's totally accepted to be cheap and greedy and ignorant and to make a bargain any chance you get. We had very damaging campaigns in the early 00s here in Germany (google 'Geiz ist geil') that left such a big mark on all our society, it's hilarious actually. Germanys economy has suffered a lot because of that, there are numerous studies about it. And I still wait for some professional government-funded campaigns to open people's eyes and help turn the tide. Germans are usually very receptive to campaigns, see all the Bio-movement and trash recycling and green thinking, that's mostly based on politics and campaigns. 

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

It's scary and true. People know about the bigger picture but decide to ignore it completely. I am disgusted at all the Primark shoppers in my greater neighborhood at Alexanderplatz, the place itself has become a display of ugly and stupid since the store has opened a couple of years ago. And people are not even ashamed anymore of buying cheap ass clothes, i remember times when you would not want to be seen with a bag of a discount store. Today it's totally accepted to be cheap and greedy and ignorant and to make a bargain any chance you get. We had very damaging campaigns in the early 00s here in Germany (google 'Geiz ist geil') that left such a big mark on all our society, it's hilarious actually. Germanys economy has suffered a lot because of that, there are numerous studies about it. And I still wait for some professional government-funded campaigns to open people's eyes and help turn the tide. Germans are usually very receptive to campaigns, see all the Bio-movement and trash recycling and green thinking, that's mostly based on politics and campaigns. 

Spot on!  

And you pointed out something really interesting: this selfish trend doesn't help everyday economy in the end.  It's just a short sighted run to greed. 

This really interesting woman told me that we should consume less. But more wisely.  Less but quality items.  Quality in terms of not having slaves in the process. Not harming any link in the process.