MadonnaNation.com Forums

This album is......perfect. I don't even know what to say. A gorgeous sonic journey that gives me all sort of feels. She knocked it out of the park.  

Musicians these days don't make albums like this anymore. This record made me nostalgic for a time when artists put their hearts into making records that made a statement. When they used their voice for something bigger than they were instead of bitching about how mean the press is to them or just trying to score the most streams and YouTube views. 

I miss albums like this. Kudos to her for not giving a fuck about any of that and creating an album that will undoubtedly be revered for decades to come. 

Prince would be so proud. 

On 4/27/2018 at 2:45 PM, Martin B. said:

Thank you.

Her visuals are ALWAYS on point. Love seeing the long-form music video be taken seriously again.

3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

This album is......perfect. I don't even know what to say. A gorgeous sonic journey that gives me all sort of feels. She knocked it out of the park.  

Musicians these days don't make albums like this anymore. This record made me nostalgic for a time when artists put their hearts into making records that made a statement. When they used their voice for something bigger than they were instead of bitching about how mean the press is to them or just trying to score the most streams and YouTube views. 

I miss albums like this. Kudos to her for not giving a fuck about any of that and creating an album that will undoubtedly be revered for decades to come. 

meryl-reacts-to-patricia-speech-oscars-2

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

❤️

so by visual album i guess they mean like a "rock opera" in the same vain as Tommy? by The Who?

TBH every album should be like that! 

I'm a casual JM fan but this visual album is really great. she sounds fresh and it all feels new.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:15 PM, KalamazooJay said:

This album is what Lemonade tried to be. :queenbitch:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

This album is what Lemonade tried to be. :queenbitch:

I told myself exactly the same thing. Do not get me wrong, I consider Lemonade to be an excellent album but it is not the feminist masterpiece that the critics wanted to sell us. Here, the message is clear and affirmed. Sexuality is assumed for oneself and not for others. 

I love her so much.  The Archandroid and The Electric Lady are masterpieces and this is arguably even better.

A truly fantastic album! Haven’t been this impressed in a long time. 

Album of the year... so far! 

It’s Album of Year so far for me too!! 

On 4/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, Martin B. said:

I told myself exactly the same thing. Do not get me wrong, I consider Lemonade to be an excellent album but it is not the feminist masterpiece that the critics wanted to sell us. Here, the message is clear and affirmed. Sexuality is assumed for oneself and not for others. 

Exactly! I loved Lemonade too, but apart from maybe Formation I found it’s message pretty vague. Janelle comes across as truely inspired!! She such an exciting artist!!

New album is soooooo good.

I still have to listen to the new album. There are a few older songs that I always liked from.

Dirty Computer is amazing

On 6/13/2018 at 7:14 PM, Snoissefnoc said:

Dirty Computer is amazing

I concur!  I didn't pay much mind to her until this album release and now I'm going back and enjoying her older music as well.  But this new album really stands out. 

Saw her live last night & she MURDERED every performance: fab visuals & costumes, live vocals, great choreo, loads of audience interaction :wow: