MadonnaNation.com Forums

There are a lot of things wrong with the world. And the fact that this incredible woman isn't bigger than what she is is certainly one of them. 

If there is a Janelle Monae thread, I couldn't find it. She's got two new songs out and they're on fucking FIRE. She is one of the most effortlessly COOL individuals to come out in the music industry within the last 30 years. I have every single one of her albums and each one is fabulous in its own right. 

She is one of the ultimate victims of white mediocrity. 

Love her and a lot of her songs.  She is very talented and should be a bigger star. Such a good performer and so much better than others who have made it big.   Good actress too,  loved her in Hidden Figures.  She is a huge Madonna fan too just as a bonus !    

Love these 

LOVE Dance Apocalyptic!

It's insane she's only 32. She's an old soul.  

Just now, KalamazooJay said:

LOVE Dance Apocalyptic!

It's insane she's only 32. She's an old soul.  

It is a fantastic song.  Should have been a monster hit.  

She is also her own person.  Creative, intelligent and fun.  Seeing others with a quarter of her talent become more famous is frustrating. 

She's also a phenomenal actress. Loved her in Hidden Figures. :inlove:

These are also amazing:

My other Queen!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this girl. She is the real fucking deal.  Amazing conceptual albums. Amazing visuals. Amazing fashion.

And I'm LIVIN for her new songs. Make Me Feel .....  :drama::drama::drama:   Prince was mentoring her before he passed away, so I'm not surprised to see his influence in this record.

Can't wait. 

12 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

My other Queen!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this girl. She is the real fucking deal.  Amazing conceptual albums. Amazing visuals. Amazing fashion.

And I'm LIVIN for her new songs. Make Me Feel .....  :drama::drama::drama:   Prince was mentoring her before he passed away, so I'm not surprised to see his influence in this record.

Can't wait. 

I had a feeling you were a fan 😘

Her visuals are on POINT. From the albums covers, videos, fashion, live performances. All of it. She truly “gets it”. 

Saw her live opening for Amy Winehouse 7 years ago. Extremely talented. New single is a Kiss ripoff, though. (But I still like it). 

39 minutes ago, surannée said:

New single is a Kiss ripoff, though. (But I still like it). 

I'll repeat -

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Prince was mentoring her before he passed away, so I'm not surprised to see his influence in this record.

He also supposedly came up with the particular sound or synth for the song.  And Janelle said she wanted to pay tribute to him on the album.

1 hour ago, surannée said:

Saw her live opening for Amy Winehouse 7 years ago. Extremely talented. New single is a Kiss ripoff, though. (But I still like it). 

09AE44FD-CE23-4D04-B6C1-19C98B0BCD93.gif

She’s fantastic. it's so sad to see that Janelle and Miguel are not getting much public attention despite all the talent they have.

Scuttlebutt has it that Dirty Computer leaked but I don't see it anywhere...

Janelle is extremely talented and unfortunately does not know the recognition she deserves. As someone from the forum said in another thread, she is too sophisticated and articulated for a time that prefers trashy and dumb.

In a correct universe,  Janelle Monae would be a superstar like she deserves to be.   She is so talented and is a great performer.  I love her. 

I have to say her latest single was played on radio 2 but the tongue click sound all the way through was so irritating, I turned it off. The song sounded ok otherwise and I'll check it her other stuff now.

What is wrong with these producers??? 

Janelle Monae Comes Out as ‘A Queer Black Woman in America’
Jem Aswad

In the past, Janelle Monáe had been coy or quiet about her sexuality. But she certainly isn’t when talking about the issue in a new Rolling Stone cover story, in which she says she’s had relationships with both men and women and currently identifies as pansexual.

“Being a queer black woman in America — someone who has been in relationships with both men and women — I consider myself to be a free-ass motherfucker,” she says. While she initially considered herself bisexual, “I read about pansexuality and was like, ‘Oh, these are things that I identify with too.’ I’m open to learning more about who I am.”

The four videos the singer has released in advance of her third full-length album, “Dirty Computer,” which arrives on Friday, include many sexual themes — including some almost comically overt references in the video for the song “Pynk” — and the 45-minute “emotion picture” that accompanies the album and which premieres on MTV and BET today elaborates on the point even more, in which we see Monae being intimate with both a male actor and her co-star, “Westworld” and “Selma” star Tessa Thompson. The singer premiered the film in a private screening at New York’s Lincoln Center on Monday.

Monae also announced initial dates for the “Dirty Computer” tour, which launches in Seattle on June 11.

In the five years since her last album, “Electric Lady,” Monae has toured, landed star-making acting appearances in “Hidden Figures” and Oscar Best Picture “Moonlight,” launched her Wondaland label (home to Jidenna, St. Beauty and others) and gave a rousing #TimesUp-themed speech at the Grammy Awards  in January.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/janelle-monae-comes-queer-black-144625465.html

Uh, we have a thread for her in the Music section right here -

She doesn't belong in "Pop Princesses and Divas". She ain't about this mess.  :queenbitch: 

Cant wait to hear and see her visual album " Dirty computer: an emotion picture" It debuts at midnight on BET and will also be shown on MTV.

Wow! Her new album is an instant classic. Yes, it's that good. This is how you propose a real feminist album with a smart and articulated point of view. If Janelle listens carefully, she will probably hear Prince applaud from the afterlife.

9 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Wow! Her new album is an instant classic. Yes, it's that good. This is how you propose a real feminist album with a smart and articulated point of view. If Janelle listens carefully, she will probably hear Prince applaud from the afterlife.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Girl is a REAL artist.

Did anyone see her "Dirty Computer: An Emotion Picture" short film last night on BET and MTV?  I missed it and am hoping it's uploaded somewhere eventually.

On 27/04/2018 at 6:50 AM, VogueMusic said:

Uh, we have a thread for her in the Music section right here -

She doesn't belong in "Pop Princesses and Divas". She ain't about this mess.  :queenbitch: 

:lol:    The stars we love are better in the Princess sections - because they get so much more attention and discussion there !  

16 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Martin B, What a fantastic and innovative comment.  Just love the thought of it !  

Janelle Monae

10 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

My favorite album of the year so far.

That's because it's the best one so far