MadonnaNation.com Forums

Sp my new boyfriend is 21 lol and he doesn't know jack SHIT about Madonna. He's sweet and interested tho! I'm gonna give him an education of course, and here is my 20 video playlist I put together on Youtube to give him an overview of why I love her in one night. What do ya'll think? Suggestions? I want to highlight why I love her as an artist in particular.

I hope you both have fun! Or is he supposed to watch alone?

I for one completely gave up on missionary attempts. I'm no good at it. I think it's better and has more impact when people find out for themselves. I'd be careful to make lists, cause in particular with Madonna, everybody has their own M. 

• I wouldn't put too many personal fan favorites, demos etc, they depend on personal taste of the super fans, so they can do more harm than good... Stick with the biggest classic hits, they are what most people know or need to know...
Edited by functions_X

You need to show him the Virgin tour.

its what got me hooked

3 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

Sp my new boyfriend is 21 lol and he doesn't know jack SHIT about Madonna. He's sweet and interested tho! I'm gonna give him an education of course, and here is my 20 video playlist I put together on Youtube to give him an overview of why I love her in one night. What do ya'll think? Suggestions? I want to highlight why I love her as an artist in particular.

I would replace the ROL and XP live videos for LTT live from CT or BT and ROL from Oprah. Also this:

That interview is absolutely essential to understand Madonna and her legacy/importance.

1- The Immaculate Collection

2- Ray of Light

3- American Life

4- Erotica

5- Rebel Heart

6- Truth or Dare

7-  Im Going To Tell You A Secret

8- Celebration Video Collection

Everything that gives you goosebumps ⚡️⚡️⚡️

Ok, I've tried to do exactly the same thing and it didn't quite work. I showed all the things that made me crazy about Madonna and he was like "yeah, that's nice". He didn't not like, but he obviously didn't love as much as I do. Then I gave up! I started just watching/listening by myself and slowly he was getting on board.

Nowadays he comes to me saying "I discovered this song or that video and this performance, and is just amazing!". I just nod and smile. I believe that's how you school someone haha. Most people don't feel comfortable when they're expected to like something, so you just have to let him discover for himself, is the best way, I guess.

just think of how you feel when someone (sorta) pushes music on you & says it's amazing.. it makes it seem like a chore to listen to it.. it's best to put the best music and visuals on in the background in the house. try to be a little more subtle ;) s/he'll get intrigued and that's when you get them hooked :p  im just speaking from my experiences of course..

but i have to say that i welcome any playlist or video that doesnt show the IC or hits.. this is a good thing for people who are already familiar with the classics but wanna find out if why she's such an artist and if there's more to discover.. 

It's hard to say, not knowing him.  Like @Nikki suggested, maybe starting of subtly with early music/videos/movies?  You'll have to feel him out and see if he first likes the music.  Then spring some videos on him.  Then once you see he's (hopefully) interested, hit him with a marathon!!!  Or you could just let him watch Sicily's Reaction Videos....J/K!!!!! :doh:

There's just so much to choose from and again, it depends on his taste and likes.  I've always liked the megamix w/video by Robin Skouteris (but with remixes, it's usually snippets of hits crammed into a few minutes)....and there are so many to choose from.

Just take your time and see what sparks in his interest.  And good luck to both of you.  I, for one, will be anxiously waiting for an update!!! 

I always start with The Super Bowl followed by Truth or Dare. I then play by ear and see how they react. Some people fall for the big dance hits, while others get hooked by her beautiful ballads. I once showed a Metal Fan the Candy Perfume Girl performance from DWT and the metal section of Sticky. A beyonce super fan submitted to M's epicness because I showed her the MDNA LAV/Love Spent performance -- She actually said, "Beyonce couldn't ever do that in a million years". I got an opera buff interested in M by showing him clips where her singing voice shines. 

If everything that everyone said doesn’t work just go full clockwork orange on him 

B0805B57-AC65-450C-814D-0EEC054CF803.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If everything that everyone said doesn’t work just go full clockwork orange on him 

:lol:

Subtlety is for wimps!

1 minute ago, anastaza said:

:lol:

Subtlety is for wimps!

😂😂

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

bahahahaha Hilarious, it might come to this hahaha Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think you're right, start slow with things in the background and let it creep into his subconscious! I am so jealous of him that he can experience so much of her artistry for the first time! Nothing like the thrill of a new Madonna experience.

I still to this day can remember certain moments like where I was and what I was doing and what age I was the first time I experienced certain M moments. The first time i saw Blond Ambition, Truth or Dare or The Girlie Show. Or listening to album's like Bedtime Stories or Ray of Light for the first time. Yet when i saw her live for the first time it went by in a flash and i barely remember anything.

Got him a ball gag as part of his valentines day and he just sent me this hahaha im in love

IMG_20180216_104707.jpg

^^  hahahaha.....the power of Madonna!!!

On 14.2.2018 at 6:12 AM, Rugbyguy said:

I still to this day can remember certain moments like where I was and what I was doing and what age I was the first time I experienced certain M moments. The first time i saw Blond Ambition, Truth or Dare or The Girlie Show. Or listening to album's like Bedtime Stories or Ray of Light for the first time. Yet when i saw her live for the first time it went by in a flash and i barely remember anything.

I vividly remember when my friends told me about Justify My Love (the song). I haven't heard it and freaked out. They didn't like it and were like ' it's so weird, no singing and just moaning, it's just really bad.' I couldn't believe it. And then I had to wait 'til weeks later when I finally held TIC in my hands and listened to it in its full steamy glory. I was so happy and loved in instantly. Also I do remember how a really cute boy with Billy Idol hair flirted with me  at the Tram station on that very day. That was such a good day for my little teen me. 

21 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

Got him a ball gag as part of his valentines day and he just sent me this hahaha im in love

IMG_20180216_104707.jpg

That's very sweet and sexy at the same time! He's a keeper!

22 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

IMG_20180216_104707.jpg

:inlove:

22 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

IMG_20180216_104707.jpg

Thats adorable. Your a very lucky guy!!!

On 13/2/2018 at 2:08 AM, Mat.Guy said:

Ok, I've tried to do exactly the same thing and it didn't quite work. I showed all the things that made me crazy about Madonna and he was like "yeah, that's nice". He didn't not like, but he obviously didn't love as much as I do. Then I gave up! I started just watching/listening by myself and slowly he was getting on board.

Nowadays he comes to me saying "I discovered this song or that video and this performance, and is just amazing!". I just nod and smile. I believe that's how you school someone haha. Most people don't feel comfortable when they're expected to like something, so you just have to let him discover for himself, is the best way, I guess.

Me too. 

I tried to show my man so many wonderful things at once and it didn't work.  Then,  as I listen to Madonna every day a bit here or there,  he got to know her and now loves her and respect her.  He's only into RH and ROL through :lol:

So, @MichaelDieker  how's the M introduction going?  I hope well.

I've had to slowly introduce mine with my M obsession....but it has worked (after 30 years)!!!  He just informed me today that he ordered the Blue-Ray of Evita!!!!  We only had a shabby/worn-out VHS.  What an anniversary present!!!  

Why I never bought one before is beside me.  Guess I was waiting for him to get "hooked" and get it for me?!!!  It worked!!!

On 2018-02-16 at 11:57 AM, MichaelDieker said:

IMG_20180216_104707.jpg

:headbang::headbang: