MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Like a Prayer, American Life and perhaps M14: is the QUEEN going brunette?

18 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

This!!! People need to shut up about dark hair causing someone to look aged. It doesn’t! Just stop! Dark hair highlights all facial features better and would bring out her eyes more! It would also make her face look slimmer! So actually, it would make her look younger! Blond washes her out to no end! 

Yes this is true. She has amazing eyes, it will bring out more. 

7 hours ago, Andra said:

Or she could just slap on a good wig, like the kardashians do all the time idk. Coloring your hair a dark color and then going back to blonde is too traumatizing for hair that already endured enough.

Yes.  With her money, she can afford the best wigs on offer.  Can change her hair as often as she likes then. 

Personally, I prefer her blonde.  

26 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes.  With her money, she can afford the best wigs on offer.  Can change her hair as often as she likes then. 

Personally, I prefer her blonde.  

One of the main reason I love Madonna so much is because when she reinvents herself, she fucking reinvents herself all the way! She’s authentic and she means every bit of it! Opposite of Gaga! So no, wigs is just not who she is. The couple of times she has wore a wig, it looked more like a costume, making her look like a character. 

23 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

One of the main reason I love Madonna so much is because when she reinvents herself, she fucking reinvents herself all the way! She’s authentic and she means every bit of it! Opposite of Gaga! So no, wigs is just not who she is. The couple of times she has wore a wig, it looked more like a costume, making her look like a character. 

Changing hair colour is not reinventing yourself though.  It is something that women everywhere do every year.   Plus, I don't see Madonna as reinventing herself to be honest.  She is always Madonna but just shows different sides of her personality and style. 

In saying that,  Madonna will do whatever she wants with her hair.  I just know that changing blonde hair to dark than blonde again is very damaging. But we will see what she has up her sleeve. 

23 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Changing hair colour is not reinventing yourself though.  It is something that women everywhere do every year.   Plus, I don't see Madonna as reinventing herself to be honest.  She is always Madonna but just shows different sides of her personality and style. 

In saying that,  Madonna will do whatever she wants with her hair.  I just know that changing blonde hair to dark than blonde again is very damaging. But we will see what she has up her sleeve. 

Good point huh but honestly, I didn’t mean to that change of hair color was the only part of reinventing yourself. I did say she goes all the way, including spiritual outlook on life for instance. But wearing wigs is not her. That’s just not who she is. 

I think appearing youthful is a huge influence in her not doing anything again too drastic.

She keeps the same style more or less the same nowerdays....long blonde locks which keeps her looking youthful.

To be honest, Madonna going brunette for her new album could break the internet. She hasn't been brunette in 15 years and it would make her so much more mature. It would be great!

18 hours ago, spotlight said:

1998_the_power_of_good_bye.jpgamerican-life-music-video-april-5-1.jpge30625de54506858afa5b8f0c06a12da.jpg893571b90378dd5778bbe2db8b3ef5db--madonn

I need this to happen again...at least ONCE! So so tired of the blonde hair. It's been 15 years...give it a rest, Madge!

4 hours ago, Confessit said:

I think appearing youthful is a huge influence in her not doing anything again too drastic.

She keeps the same style more or less the same nowerdays....long blonde locks which keeps her looking youthful.

I think some people overemphasize the idea that she wants to look young. For the majority of her career, her hair has been blonde and on the longer side. The dark and shorter hair periods didn't last long. And she didn't really want to go short for the Girlie Show. She had dyed her hair red and tried to go back to blonde, and it broke off so she had to cut it. She had dark hair in the LAP video but she was soon back to blonde for Express Yourself. So she has always preferred blonde and longer hair even when she was  younger. 

Didn't she say she dyed her hair back to blonde for Dick Tracy? I remember an interview her saying she had gone brunette for the album but when she got the role of Breathless Mahoney, she went back to blonde and plucked her eyebrows according to her.

I think the reason she usually has curls is her hair is naturally wavy. If she bleaches her hair, but then also tried to straighten which would take a lot of heat tools, her hair would be fried and super damaged. 

Since her hair is bleached, there are temporary dark color rinses she could use to see if she likes darker hair, which would rinse out if she wants to go back to blonde. 

8 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I think some people overemphasize the idea that she wants to look young. For the majority of her career, her hair has been blonde and on the longer side. The dark and shorter hair periods didn't last long. And she didn't really want to go short for the Girlie Show. She had dyed her hair red and tried to go back to blonde, and it broke off so she had to cut it. She had dark hair in the LAP video but she was soon back to blonde for Express Yourself. So she has always preferred blonde and longer hair even when she was  younger. 

She has avoided changing her hair drastically for years and years now and short hair would age her over night. 

I think appearing young does have an impact on her not drastically changing much these days....I think it’s obvious looking younger is more important than making a statement for her now.

And her super short lesbian hair was the perfect setting for The Girlie Show I believe it was on purpose.....when did she dye her red in 1993 for it to fall out?

Edited by Confessit

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

She has avoided changing her hair drastically for years and years now and short hair would age her over night. 

I think appearing young does have an impact on her not drastically changing much these days....I think it’s obvious looking younger is more important than making a statement for her now.

And her super short lesbian hair was the perfect setting for The Girlie Show I believe it was on purpose.....when did she dye her red in 1993 for it to fall out?

Remember the photo shoot in Interview magazine and when she wore the Addidas dress with the pigtails when she was with Rosie at the premiere. She mentioned it in a tv interview to promote the tour.

Also, because her hair is wavy it's hard to style if it's short. Maybe she just doesn't like short hair!

And not all lesbians have short hair! Could you be less stereotypical? 

2 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Didn't she say she dyed her hair back to blonde for Dick Tracy? I remember an interview her saying she had gone brunette for the album but when she got the role of Breathless Mahoney, she went back to blonde and plucked her eyebrows according to her.

Yes, correct. She had gone brunette for the LAP album, and then was cast as Breathless. She described the process of testing shots they did — I think with wigs, and they wanted her blonde, so she went back to blonde. Then they kept cutting it shorter and shorter. Had a book on the making of Dick Tracy where she described the process — sounded like she was a little disappointed because she had grown it out and gone dark, only to give it up for the role.

well the blonde worked out...I can't imagine her in EY being dark with the hairstyles that she wore throughout

4 minutes ago, Aries said:

well the blonde worked out...I can't imagine her in EY being dark with the hairstyles that she wore throughout

Oh, so true. EY is iconic... I was just confirming Breathless/Dick Tracy was the impetus for the quick change back to blonde. 

Even the double-breasted suit M wears when she is dancing atop the staircase was supposedly borrowed from the Dick Tracy costuming department. (According to Pop-Up Video, anyway...)

21 hours ago, Starman said:

Totally up for it

her face works with all colors

who cares if it ages her , guess what? She is 59!

Yeah seriously, who cares. She’s going to be sixty soon anyway. I honestly doubt going brunette would age her anyway. I think The right tone of brown would give her a more youthful appearance. blond makes most ladies look older. IMHO. 

23 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Darker hair does age her slightly but we have to remember she's had a facelift since the last time she went dark so its very possible she could look fantastic with it. I too would like something different, not totally dark brown but something darker circa 1985.

images (6).jpeg

I would love it if she would Go back to this brown with a few blond streaks. It would suit her so well. I also love the way it’s styled to. 

2 hours ago, peter said:

Yes, correct. She had gone brunette for the LAP album, and then was cast as Breathless. She described the process of testing shots they did — I think with wigs, and they wanted her blonde, so she went back to blonde. Then they kept cutting it shorter and shorter. Had a book on the making of Dick Tracy where she described the process — sounded like she was a little disappointed because she had grown it out and gone dark, only to give it up for the role.

This makes sense. 

Wasn't there rumours that she wanted to tour the like a prayer album as a brunette before the blond ambition tour? But the tour got put on ice cause of dick Tracy. I could be completely wrong.

i don't necessarily care for brunette; i think i just miss her hair experimentation days. they are part of her legacy tbh. especially the 90s. i mean these were her hair colors lets not forget all the hair styles that went with that, and fashions, or wigs/extensions for videos, performances.they felt like authentic and inspired expressions of who she was at the time

1990: brunnette, blond, blond w roots

1991: blond, brunnette, auburn w bangs, blond w bangs

1992: blond w bangs, w roots

1993 blond w roots, pink w bangs, short blond, black/bangs

1994 black, brunette, blond forelocks, platinum, platinum w roots

1995 platinum w roots, golden blond

1996 golden blond, w brunette streaks

1997 bangs, the rol look

1998 the rol look, very dark brunette

1999 very dark brunette, golden blond

2000 golden blond;  all different blond shades w brunette streaks

and i think she stopped changing her hair  organically after that. the 90s were so much fun with madonna's fashions 

On Wednesday, February 07, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Royal T said:

Esquire_Aids_Benefit2.jpg

Maybe not

Rockin' the Mary Richards hair 

WELL, look at how good she looked at the MET Gala in 2013 with the black bob wig, she rocked it!

Time for a change from the safe blonde wavy bob.

9 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Remember the photo shoot in Interview magazine and when she wore the Addidas dress with the pigtails when she was with Rosie at the premiere. She mentioned it in a tv interview to promote the tour.

Also, because her hair is wavy it's hard to style if it's short. Maybe she just doesn't like short hair!

And not all lesbians have short hair! Could you be less stereotypical? 

It was an observation it might be a stereotype but that look is exactly what Madonna was going for.

9 hours ago, Confessit said:

Fever video.