MadonnaNation.com Forums

On 6/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, Magician said:

It’s just not fair to compare. Billboard need to start over and do post streaming chart figures. 

3 hours ago, runa said:

Holy shit, the chart are such a fucking JOKE, this is insane... I mean, seriously??? :rolleyes:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8464454/drake-hot-100-record-nice-for-what-scorpion

There's something very sad, when you think about it. Billboard has ZERO credibility anymore.

he has 21 songs in the top 40...

Billboard’s charts have become such a joke. The streams count for both chart placings on the singles chart and for streaming equivalent album sales on the album chart. How can they count twice????? Drake doesn’t get paid twice for a single stream! Also when you have 25 songs on your album, listening to it one time through counts as 2.5 listens for streaming equivalent sales calculations. Drake will put 50 songs on his next album just to keep breaking his own records.

UGHHH

9 hours ago, Magician said:

Damn. What a nostalgic gut punch THAT is. I remember each and every one of those songs being blared all summer long. The glaring piece of shit on the list is Puff Daddy and his gross sample of Led Zepplins, Kashmir. Such a shit song. 

Drake sucks. Plain and simple. He can rack up as many songs in the BB 200 as he wants through the corrupt and easy way of scoring 'hits'. Nothing he's done is even remotely memorable in any way. He has no signature song. No melodies. Nothing. In 30 years, Gaga and Taylor will have left behind a more memorable legacy than him. 

On 7/4/2018 at 9:49 AM, jonski43 said:

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, runa said:

Holy shit, the chart are such a fucking JOKE, this is insane... I mean, seriously??? :rolleyes:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8464454/drake-hot-100-record-nice-for-what-scorpion

There's something very sad, when you think about it. Billboard has ZERO credibility anymore.

16 minutes ago, Gus said:

Jesus Christ...what kind of propaganda is this!!!??? 

I don't understand that nobody in the music industry says anything about that. I haven't read one article talking about it.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Jesus Christ...what kind of propaganda is this!!!??? 

Drake and Lil Wayne don't have a single memorable song between them and we're supposed to believe this crap!

the era of good pop music is over IMHO

I mean all the good melodies have already been used up, it was bound to happen

the industry just lies and loves upholding the lies. meanwhile it has all died.

just like how back in the day, i think the 50's, where they were all caught in some scandal about faking shit too.

they should have always sticked to sales, the end.

On 7/10/2018 at 12:34 PM, Genevieve Vavance said:

the era of good pop music is over IMHO

I mean all the good melodies have already been used up, it was bound to happen

Nah there are still great melodies and songs to be heard; people just need to write them 🙂

there will be a renaissance 

His streams are high because he paid Spotify to place his album in multiple playlists. Heavy saturation=more streams. I honestly don't think I've ever heard one of his songs in full. Who the hell is listening to him? 

On 7/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, Magician said:

LOVE how the picture used for Madonna is from Hard Candy  :dramatic:

4 hours ago, MaddyFanatic said:

His streams are high because he paid Spotify to place his album in multiple playlists. Heavy saturation=more streams. I honestly don't think I've ever heard one of his songs in full. Who the hell is listening to him? 

Tons of people, mostly younger and non-white. I hear his shit blasting constantly around NYC. 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:32 AM, runa said:

Billboard is a joke.

4 hours ago, horn said:

Billboard is a joke.

Billboard? I thought that whore died.