MadonnaNation.com Forums

This is just total BS....the chart systems sucks!

Drake Earns 70th Top 40 Hit on Billboard Hot 100, Thanks to Migos' 'Walk It’

The collaboration also marks his 160th total entry on the Hot 100.

160 Hot 100 hits...WTF

Ridiculous! :rotfl:160 entries in the top 100 but still 98% of the population would be unable to name a Drake song other than Hotline Bling.

4 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Ridiculous! :rotfl:160 entries in the top 100 but still 98% of the population would be unable to name a Drake song other than Hotline Bling.

Sure it is ridiculous, but the guy does deliver sometimes. "Passion Fruit" is gorgeous! 

I've never heard a Drake song in my life. I don't even know how he sings/raps/whatever he does, don't know his voice.

5 hours ago, surannée said:

Sure it is ridiculous, but the guy does deliver sometimes. "Passion Fruit" is gorgeous! 

That's not what I question. Drake does have some good songs and even a great album (Nothing was the same), but the fact remains that the audience is still unable to identify more than one of his songs.

I love him. Love his voice. He's great on my gym playlist. But I only know 4-5 of his song. What are the 155 others? :lol:

11 minutes ago, runa said:

I love him. Love his voice. He's great on my gym playlist. But I only know 4-5 of his song. What are the 155 others? :lol:

Exactly. We like the guy but we only know the title of a few songs. Previously, when artists such as The Beatles held such records, the general public even if he did not necessarily like the artist knew the bulk of his repertoire. Today's system gives the impression that Drake, Migos, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne hold important records while they are unknown to the majority of the public.

Migos ? Who's that shit? :rotfl:

The culture of the charts that appeared in the 50s is definitely over and represents absolutely no longer what is a success.

What? you do not know the band that just beat a Beatles record?:rotfl:

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/02/migos-tie-beatles-simultaneous-billboard-hot-100-entries/

Drake? I thought that whore died. #Suedehead

:fag:

I can't even name one song.

And M was barely able to chart like 2 Hot 100 Hits from the last 2 albums

i just hope he stays away from M's music.... She has to realize that these cool rappers won't make HER songs chart

3 hours ago, Orion said:

What's a Drake?

A male duck   🦆 

6 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

A male duck   🦆 

With fish lips!!  bathblogbabysisterduck.JPG

I couldn't name anything by him either although I remember the blinds said he bought his long running number one 'dance' (?).

It's just rap Muzak

Who is Migos? Celebrities these days.. 😳

36 minutes ago, madfan74 said:

didn´t they appear with katty in one of her songs and it was a problem for her?

12 hours ago, madfan74 said:

A homophobic hip hop trio.

On 2/7/2018 at 12:35 PM, Martin B. said:

because they all sound basically the same and blend into each other....his basic recipe is autotuned monotone rapping on a handful of topics that he comes back to again and again, played over 16 bars of tinny cheap casio beats that are played on an endless loop. He is prolific and releases 10-20 new songs a year. Each new release dominates streaming for a few weeks (and therefore the charts) then people get bored with it and it disappears into obscurity never to be heard again, by which time he is on to the next release, repeating the cycle over and over.....

How long can he stay on top doing this? It is so boring UGHHH

The charts are a joke :dead:

On 2/7/2018 at 4:28 AM, Martin B. said:

The culture of the charts that appeared in the 50s is definitely over and represents absolutely no longer what is a success.

What? you do not know the band that just beat a Beatles record?:rotfl:

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/02/migos-tie-beatles-simultaneous-billboard-hot-100-entries/

This is so ridiculous.   :doh:

Fine. Beat records... but it has to be put into CONTEXT. And the media reporting and promoting this bullshit will never do it.

100+ entries...some ridiculous record that beats a REAL legend...after decades of rule changing by the industry itself to sell its new cheap products...and yet, who is ever gonna remember but a few of these songs anyways? 

On 12/02/2018 at 6:53 PM, swimtoshore said:

because they all sound basically the same and blend into each other....his basic recipe is autotuned monotone rapping on a handful of topics that he comes back to again and again, played over 16 bars of tinny cheap casio beats that are played on an endless loop. He is prolific and releases 10-20 new songs a year. Each new release dominates streaming for a few weeks (and therefore the charts) then people get bored with it and it disappears into obscurity never to be heard again, by which time he is on to the next release, repeating the cycle over and over.....

How long can he stay on top doing this? It is so boring UGHHH

Just watching the Brits and they had Best International Male and they played Kendrick Lamarr, Drake, Childish Gambino and DJ Khaled and most of it just sounded like the same tired old beats. It's just basic, childish beats they can nod their heads too. The rap and hip-hop of the eighties and nineties are fantastic but this is just watered down rubbish that won't leave much of a legacy.

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

Just watching the Brits and they had Best International Male and they played Kendrick Lamarr, Drake, Childish Gambino and DJ Khaled and most of it just sounded like the same tired old beats. It's just basic, childish beats they can nod their heads too. The rap and hip-hop of the eighties and nineties are fantastic but this is just watered down rubbish that won't leave much of a legacy.

it does my head in......and yet millions of people are streaming these songs 24/7 apparently

1 minute ago, swimtoshore said:

it does my head in......and yet millions of people are streaming these songs 24/7 apparently

lowest common denominator music. Studies have shown that people with low IQs listen to this type of music most. People with the highest listen to rock and metal!

Like so much of the charts, it's just background music. People don't go to clubs, it's just wallpaper to their instagram lives. 

10 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Like so much of the charts, it's just background music. People don't go to clubs, it's just wallpaper to their instagram lives. 

YESSSS!!!

The internet and social media have really dumbed down the brains  and minds of today's teenagers/ youth.

He's SO damn corny. I'd suck his dick but I'd really wish he would go away forever. 

although Houstatlantavegas is one of my fav songs EVER

:IMG_1564:

20 hours ago, Barbie said:

He's SO damn corny. I'd suck his dick but I'd really wish he would go away forever. 

although Houstatlantavegas is one of my fav songs EVER

:IMG_1564:

I'd suck him off so good