MadonnaNation.com Forums
Jazzy Jan

The deliberate erasing of Madonna from articles on Superbowl

we on this forum have to make a pact and to vow NEVER to forget Madonna's accomplishments and to promise to spread the GOSPEL of Madonna until the day we die

who's with me?

BECAUSE SHES NOT A VICTIM

AND WONT PLAY DOWN TO PEOPLE.

always been the same so they drag her . 

31 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

we on this forum have to make a pact and to vow NEVER to forget Madonna's accomplishments and to promise to spread the GOSPEL of Madonna until the day we die

who's with me?

:bow:

It's not about being a victim, everything she does for the last 10 years is embarrassing and ruining her legacy, reputation and her artistry. Ofc people don't respect her and don't think highly of her anymore, she's not on their minds like she is on ours. She's not treated like a legend because she has terrible team who let's her act like a total fool on social media and when she's giving speeches in public about bjs and bombing white house, or when she's flashing her tits in public.

Look at Beyonce, her team is always hyping her like she's the biggest thing ever (despite her not so impressive sales and stats throughout her career). Her name is always clean in public because her team does the great work, imagine if that elevator incident happened to Madonna, or if Madonna  was caught faking her pregnancy. Buy Beyonce got away with it because she has great publicist, because she's smart enough to keep her mouth closed and she is presenting herself to GP as a queen with high class. Madonna is doing EVERYTHING opposite. You stans may pretend that you like it and scream 'yaaas queen', but deep down you know that she acts like total fool and she looks like even bigger fool in public and it's not doing her any favor.

Before you use her past backlashes against me let me remind you that in the past she always had receipts to back her up no matter how hard public hated her, she either had global success or acclaim with her work. She has nothing now, she's vulnerable, and i doubt that most people even look at her as a legend (people on the internet sure doesn't), they see her like a fad from 80s because she's done it to herself. She went from being on top of the world (2008) to being total jerk in every way.

Billboard has M's half time show at 3 behind U2 and Prince

..and Rolling Stone at 6 ,vulture at 2 ,cbs at 8

Well, at least some are appreciating it.  I just saw it as the 2nd WORST ever on yahoo yesterday.

I honestly don't expect it to be even top 5 ever, with the MIA thing and the GMAYL and LMFAO stuff.  But it was still very well done. Plus, you have to consider she has to tone herself down a bit.

Hello, everyone. Still don't get it, what was the reason for SB not to mention M's incredible perfomance this time. Is it about her political statements, Gaga statement or what??

Pride.com mentioned not Madonna's, but MIA's... wtf??

yahoo 's site is a joke ,i didn't find a single list Madonna isn't in the top ten

43 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

BECAUSE SHES NOT A VICTIM

AND WONT PLAY DOWN TO PEOPLE.

always been the same so they drag her . 

You know, I think this is part of it.  She's unconventional, she's unapologetic. A lot of the GP have (and have had) a REALLY HARD TIME with wanting to yield to her because she does not play by the rules, she goes against the status quo, and she doesn't play the bullshit games.  Some people continue to be freaked out by all of that and they choose to ignore/write off/disregard her. They are aware of her legend status, her star power and her achievements but tend to let the headlines and the controversy (past and present) get in the way.

7 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

Yes this site has her at second, first being Prince 

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/best-super-bowl-halftime-shows-ranked.html

Yeah, this proves that it's not a vast conspiracy. I do wonder if the sponsorship part is a factor though. Some of these lists might be paid for or sponsored by Pepsi or the NFL. If M had a different sponsor, she might not be one of the talking points that's being pushed in press releases.

7 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

They will all kiss her royal ass once she’s gone, sadly.

This is true. Imagine if she had died when MJ or Prince had. Fortunately, she will likely live to be an old lady and her death won't have the same impact. You have to die young to be respected and over-praised.

48 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

It's not about being a victim, everything she does for the last 10 years is embarrassing and ruining her legacy, reputation and her artistry. Ofc people don't respect her and don't think highly of her anymore, she's not on their minds like she is on ours. She's not treated like a legend because she has terrible team who let's her act like a total fool on social media and when she's giving speeches in public about bjs and bombing white house, or when she's flashing her tits in public.

Look at Beyonce, her team is always hyping her like she's the biggest thing ever (despite her not so impressive sales and stats throughout her career). Her name is always clean in public because her team does the great work, imagine if that elevator incident happened to Madonna, or if Madonna  was caught faking her pregnancy. Buy Beyonce got away with it because she has great publicist, because she's smart enough to keep her mouth closed and she is presenting herself to GP as a queen with high class. Madonna is doing EVERYTHING opposite. You stans may pretend that you like it and scream 'yaaas queen', but deep down you know that she acts like total fool and she looks like even bigger fool in public and it's not doing her any favor.

Before you use her past backlashes against me let me remind you that in the past she always had receipts to back her up no matter how hard public hated her, she either had global success or acclaim with her work. She has nothing now, she's vulnerable, and i doubt that most people even look at her as a legend (people on the internet sure doesn't), they see her like a fad from 80s because she's done it to herself. She went from being on top of the world (2008) to being total jerk in every way.

I think this is a bit harsh, but I do think she is absolutely responsible for her legacy. People like the Beatles and Elvis aren't still praised to this day just because they were talented and groundbreaking. It's because they have an incredible PR team and/or estate that works very hard to constantly remind everyone of their importance. Remember Salieri? 

I should also mention that I loved M's entrance and the stage was awesome, but it's NOT my favorite M performance by far. The lip-syching didn't help. But in the end I think her performance will be remembered over many others that are currently being praised (Gaga, Katy, Bruno). She's an icon and always will be. I doubt people are going to care or even remember Katy's performance 20 years from now.

1 hour ago, NoAngel said:

Give me a hundred times Madonna than robot Beyoncé! 

39 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

tumblr_oyplklclFY1rxjpb7o1_500.gif

:lmao:

:lol:

2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

who's with me?

:thumbsup:

Of course I roll my eyes at some of her Instagram posts, but at least it's M herself posting, not some Machiavellian team behind this, trying to lure everyone in and spreading lies and fake numbers about non existent hits. I don't want a safe, antiseptic, remote controlled Madonna. Just let her be. That's how she's always been and some like it, others don't. If she's ridiculous from time to time, it's because all people are! 

It's not about being a victim, everything she does for the last 10 years is embarrassing and ruining her legacy, reputation and her artistry.

You stans may pretend that you like it and scream 'yaaas queen', but deep down you know that she acts like total fool and she looks like even bigger fool in public...

You’re opinion is TRASH, but I love that username. Is it a Beyoncé reference?

Do we want a mute Madonna then ? M was always an eccentric star and no publicist can stop her from speaking her mind .She is unique and not manufactured and i love her for his ,even if i don't always agree with her actions

As for the topic at hand: Madonna IS often disregarded, disrespected, & dismissed by the general public.

GOOD! They know nothing & are nothing. Her willingness to be unpopular is what attracted me in the 1st place! M is a woman that speaks, acts, & lives for herself :wow:

They’ll kiss her ass in death, trust & believe that!

6 hours ago, acko said:

They can eat shit, really.

PRETTY MUCH!

2 hours ago, NoAngel said:

Saying everything she has done in the last 10 years is embarrassing is false and wrong.  Do you think the Super Bowl, MDNA tour, The Rebel Heart tour, the promotional interviews on talk shows she did for Rebel Heart, her beautiful performances on Ellen and other shows of Ghosttown, and her getting up and carrying on after her Brit's fall is embarrassing. If so, you need to rethink being a Madonna fan.  So called Gaffes on social media do not take away someone's legacy.  John Lennon, Elvis, MJ, Prince, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Whitney etc have many so called questionable incidents or bad choices in their lives and all have easily and rightfully survived as legends in the public's mind. Madonna has never been accused of anything criminal or been a messy addict who can't perform. 

As for being like Beyonce,  can you really imagine Madonna as a smiling star who looks like she has walked off a shampoo commercial and keeps her mouth shut. Madonna will never behave like a Stepford wife. Never has and never will. 

While I am surprised that her Superbowl show is ranked in the lower part of Top 10 rankings, I think we have to take into consideration that the general public usually associates Madonna with other accomplishments, so the Superbowl (and likewise Evita) have become  - for them - minor parts of her career that they are slowly starting to forget, because they consider other things to be more memorable. We, as fans, remember everything, sometimes overanalyzing everything and thinking everyone remembers everything Madonna did, but in reality most people don't associate Madonna with the Superbowl, Evita and cowboy hats anymore... Just like we have our own selective memory of the accomplishments of Elvis, The Beatles, Marilyn etc.

2 hours ago, NoAngel said:

Poor Madonna, at least she has you if she wants to do a brand new career..I think it could be not easy to forget all the things she has done in her life till you made this post, but maybe she is smart enough to call and follow you advices..ah let's hope she doesn't shut her mouth when she will approach you ..lol