MadonnaNation.com Forums

Regarding RH, I wish "Never Let You Go" would have gotten more attention/polishing and had been included on the finished album.  I love that song (and several other demos).  Would be nice to get a release of finished demos from each era.  Between what we've heard and not heard, there's probably enough in the vaults for a box set!!!?

On 4/2/2018 at 1:52 PM, cosmic_system said:

The Wash demo is euro trash. 

Thanks. And that's not even "the demo". As shown with the different takes, it was like the third attempt and for the next one they produced they reverted to the downtempo approach of all the previous ones. They knew it was euro trash and wasn't working like that. 

On 05/02/2018 at 2:53 AM, JWAD said:

Living for Love demo pisses all over the final version

I just gave it a listen for the first time. It doesnt pump as much as the final version but i do love the additional male vocals on the demo that arent on the album version, im assuming thats MNEK? Dumb idea to cut him from the song. Stupid.

I concur that WAOM in Demo form sounds too much like euro trash but the final version includes electric guitars which imho also sucks. The piano alone would have been just beautiful. 

Avicci heart on the other hand had a little something something and is superior to the album version. 

Even though Inside Out is not an Avicci track, the one leaked demo version is not even in the same league as the final mix. The demo is fantastic and unique. The final mix sounds generic and lifeless imho. I really do not understand why she had to “improve” that demo. 

14 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

I just gave it a listen for the first time. It doesnt pump as much as the final version but i do love the additional male vocals on the demo that arent on the album version, im assuming thats MNEK? Dumb idea to cut him from the song. Stupid.

I also loved the male vocals

On 4.2.2018 at 7:03 AM, loowee said:

LMAO not again.

The Avicii productions aged like milk and they sound terrible in 2018. The only one that got away was the Rebel Heart demo. Bloodpop elevated Devil Pray and made it 10 times better, period. 

Thank you for this early clock. Sick and tired of having to see people praising his euro trash versions because they think it would have gotten her another hit (it wouldn't have).

Mixed bag, honestly. I preferred the demos for "Beautiful Scars," "Addicted," and "Rebel Heart," but I prefer the album versions of "Devil Pray," "Borrowed Time," and "Wash All Over Me" (although a couple of the uptempo demos are nice).

16 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I concur that WAOM in Demo form sounds too much like euro trash but the final version includes electric guitars which imho also sucks. The piano alone would have been just beautiful. 

Avicci heart on the other hand had a little something something and is superior to the album version. 

Even though Inside Out is not an Avicci track, the one leaked demo version is not even in the same league as the final mix. The demo is fantastic and unique. The final mix sounds generic and lifeless imho. I really do not understand why she had to “improve” that demo. 

"Inside Out" demo is an absolute gem. I understand why it was updated - I don't think it would have made sense on the album as is. It would have fit better on BS or ROL to be honest. It's gorgeous. 

12 hours ago, vocalism said:

Mixed bag, honestly. I preferred the demos for "Beautiful Scars," "Addicted," and "Rebel Heart," but I prefer the album versions of "Devil Pray," "Borrowed Time," and "Wash All Over Me" (although a couple of the uptempo demos are nice).

"Inside Out" demo is an absolute gem. I understand why it was updated - I don't think it would have made sense on the album as is. It would have fit better on BS or ROL to be honest. It's gorgeous. 

Sonically RH was all over the place, so I would argue by saying that the demo mix would have fit just perfectly.

I especially miss in the final mix the kickass return of the drums and the guitar and the rest of the instruments (you know, when she sings "I wanna love you from the inside out") and the music basically disappears and returns with a bang...well in the demo that is. Anyways, I am not bitter. We have both versions. 

Haven’t listen to any RH demo in a long time but really like how some are surprisingly a bit more experimental & edgy sounding than the final versions. 

I've just finished listening to a collection of the Rebel Heart demos for the first time in a long time, and I'm happy to say the album versions are the versions for me, the only demo that I still prefer and think "what if" is Avicii Heart.

16 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I've just finished listening to a collection of the Rebel Heart demos for the first time in a long time, and I'm happy to say the album versions are the versions for me, the only demo that I still prefer and think "what if" is Avicii Heart.

I agree with you 100%. I might add the Inside Out demo is amazing as well.

On 4/2/2018 at 4:16 PM, Melody_Maker said:

Wait, wasn't the final version of Rebel Heart still produced by Avicii and his crew? The album credits say so....

It was.

The album version is based on demo 2, whereas the first leaked version was demo 4.

I never listen to any of the demos anymore. It’s alawys album versions for me now.