MadonnaNation.com Forums

Just now, JWAD said:

Living for Love demo pisses all over the final version

:thumbsup:

and Beautiful Scars, one of my favourite songs of M for probably the past 10 years

This is a great demo.a little unpolished but I liked it

This has really proved to me also how for me to like a song it has to have the right combination of vocals, lyrics, and production.  If one of these it off, it kind of ruins the whole thing for me.  The lyrics sometimes can be the weakest link for me, there's lots of songs I like that I can't make out what they are saying even thought I've listened to the words dozens of times.

For Madonna, this has never been a problem.  This could be why she is one of my favorites, she always enunciates her words well.  Some supposed great singers have problems with this at times. 

For a lot of these songs, thought it is obviously the same lyrics and probably even the same vocals, but the production changes things dramatically. 

3 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

:thumbsup:

and Beautiful Scars, one of my favourite songs of M for probably the past 10 years

This is one I probably like both versions equally well.  But even on the album version I feel like I have to keep adjusting the volume, same with Wash.  It's annoying.

4 hours ago, JWAD said:

Living for Love demo pisses all over the final version

it is indeed much better, but parts of it are way too similar to Kiesza's Hideawy, they really had to change that, as great as it was

I prefer all the finished album versions over any of the demos.

Although I do wish she completed more of the unfinished demos because a few potentially great songs didn't make the album.

I’ve come to love the album version WAOM.

it’s one my favorites from RH. 

4 hours ago, functions_X said:

it is indeed much better, but parts of it are way too similar to Kiesza's Hideawy, they really had to change that, as great as it was

I just dont hear it. Are you able to post the demo or will you get into trouble?

Besides Devil Pray all the other avicci demos were better

They were demos.  Hard to say hiw Avicii and M would have finished them.  Glad I heard both versions.

I liked Aviccis demos.

I know most fans seem to be pleased he never followed through with Madonna and fans are pleased Diplo was brought in and took direction.

But for me I think it’s a shame.....in my opinion Avicci would of put her back on the dance floors like Stuart did with Hung Up.....I love his anthemic dance tunes!!

There's some early versions I definitely preferred over the final tracks. The two first leaked could have served as radio mixes/single remixes but nothing was done especially the Rebel Heart demo everybody wanted at the time. True, the album version fits more the live setting but the demo definitely had an anthem vibe and his production really felt like a full circle moment for Madonna and her journey as an artist.

Inside Out is definitely one I prefer both but the guy shouting "One more time" on the final totally drives me up the wall. Beautiful Scars demo has a Blondie vibe that I adore so much and the album version sounds like a Bee Gees/Saturday Night Fever remix. A lot of the album versions definitely improved tracks like Devil Pray, VVV, Holy Water, SEX.

1 minute ago, eroticerotic said:

Beautiful scars , addicted, hold tight I feel could have charted 

I thought Aviccis stuff sounded much more chart worthy than Diplos.

I actually feel beautiful scars had the biggest potential -- even in its final version.

I feel like with Aviciii, it was the some of the best work he had done with any artist.  I can't say the same with Diplo (or Pharell for that matter)

9 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I actually feel beautiful scars had the biggest potential -- even in its final version.

I feel like with Aviciii, it was the some of the best work he had done with any artist.  I can't say the same with Diplo (or Pharell for that matter)

I agree actually.

Diplo has produced much better stuff elsewhere.

On 2018-02-04 at 7:52 AM, cosmic_system said:

The Wash demo is euro trash. 

Give me euro trash anytime before what we got as a final version.

16 hours ago, Starman said:

Besides Devil Pray all the other avicci demos were better

I concur

I don't / didn't care for Kanye producing...love the songs (but don't care for him)

I like the Avicci's demos way more than the album versions.

Avicci's music is generic and sounds dated, I'm glad he had nothing to do with the finished product (besides songwriting)

The sound and overall production on Rebel Heart is great, my only issues with a couple of tracks is the mixing/mastering.

I find the album as a whole very overproduced, the sound quality is poor, in my opinion is has a dark, harsh quality sound to it I find almost off putting to listen to.  It's strange to me how much I like a lot of these songs in different forms. 

15 hours ago, humanracin said:

Avicci's music is generic and sounds dated, I'm glad he had nothing to do with the finished product (besides songwriting)

The sound and overall production on Rebel Heart is great, my only issues with a couple of tracks is the mixing/mastering.

Didn’t like some of final mixing & mastering either.

Still a very good album!