MadonnaNation.com Forums

Are they all superior???

I've always STRONGLY preferred the Wash All over me and Rebel Heart ones, like many others do.  I was listening to some others finally.  I think Beautiful Scars is terrific as well.  Even songs I'm kind meh about on the album like Devil Pray and Borrowed Time, I think are so much better.  As a group, these are some of the best songs she has done.  When I first heard they were working together I was exited, thinking it would be Mirwais-like.  Now I finally discovered I was right!

I wish she would have released these versions on the deluxe album or maybe an EP or something.  Or at least throw them on Spotify just so they won't be forgotten about.

LMAO not again.

The Avicii productions aged like milk and they sound terrible in 2018. The only one that got away was the Rebel Heart demo. Bloodpop elevated Devil Pray and made it 10 times better, period. 

Well, I knew most people really liked the Rebel Heart demo and the Wash was more divided.  I couldn't remember much about the others.

I think I like the Avicii sound because Music is one of my favorite albums and it reminds of that a  bit.

Rebel Heart is pretty much the only one where I prefer the demo over the final song. I don't like the WAOM demo at all.

Pls don't let them 

My opinions on the album (I know they are not all Avicii) :

Wash All Over Me - original demo is the best, the final was good but lacklustre. The demo had energy and sounded great, she should have included it as a remix on one of the single releases.

Devil Pray - final version was excellent and was the wise choice but still like the country feel of the demo

Joan of Arc - the acoustic original demo was beautiful and haunting, the final is awful

Living for Love - demo was amazing, final version didn’t go anywhere until the final minute. The demo would have been a bigger hit

Messiah - final version was over-produced, demo was simpler and more beautiful 

Rebel Heart - demo was amazing, final version was created for the tour so it would work in an arena 

Borrowed Time - again the final version is lacklustre and the demo kicked ass and was brilliant

Plz close this topic.

35 minutes ago, JWAD said:

My opinions on the album (I know they are not all Avicii) :

Wash All Over Me - original demo is the best, the final was good but lacklustre. The demo had energy and sounded great, she should have included it as a remix on one of the single releases.

Devil Pray - final version was excellent and was the wise choice but still like the country feel of the demo

Joan of Arc - the acoustic original demo was beautiful and haunting, the final is awful

Living for Love - demo was amazing, final version didn’t go anywhere until the final minute. The demo would have been a bigger hit

Messiah - final version was over-produced, demo was simpler and more beautiful 

Rebel Heart - demo was amazing, final version was created for the tour so it would work in an arena 

Borrowed Time - again the final version is lacklustre and the demo kicked ass and was brilliant

@JWAD  I Agree with all of your opinions bar Borrowed Time. I loved the final version.

Have not heard the demo of Messiah.  

Joan of Arc was a beautiful melancholy song that tugged at the heart strings completely in the acoustic demo. Interesting that she performed it like that too. 

The other one I noticed was Beautiful scars. I adored the demo which highlighted the perfect melody and bridge. 

Do prefer the Avicci demo of the title song. 

I love the Rebel Heart album so much . Such great songs are everywhere to be found on it. 

I heard the demos after the album was released ( apart from Rebel Heart and Wash all over me ) so I did not have the comparisons with the rest of the songs until later which suited me. 

Avicii demos were dated. Period. Madonna had already been accused of chasing trends so she was not going to come back with a sound already tested and tried three years prior. Especially when the Avicii sound was so distinctive and borrowed left right centre. She needed something more current and edgy. Let’s not forget that Diplo and Bloodpop weren’t huge huge when Madonna hired them. Yes the sound wasn’t as innovative as some people hoped but in the end the final versions were far superior. 

I don’t listen to the demos anymore and haven’t for a while. People need to let them go in my opinion. Accept the album versions as official and kneel before them. Respect Madonna’s true final vision. :queenbitch:

Pandora's Box!!! 

I only listen to unreleased songs demos, nothing else nothing more. 

2 hours ago, the-queen said:

I don’t listen to the demos anymore and haven’t for a while. People need to let them go in my opinion. Accept the album versions as official and kneel before them. Respect Madonna’s true final vision. :queenbitch:

I have for some, like Best Night, Ghosttown, hold tight. 

People can listen to whatever they want. If someone prefers the demos, who cares?

Stop it.

The demos are dated, empty, unfinished messes.

They made an impression on you just because you listened to them first. 

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The Wash demo is euro trash. 

Preach. It's a horror show.

Why are we the same?

:queenbitch:

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Stop it.

I always thought Hung Up seemed "eurotrash" and I've never really gotten into it, so it's weird that I like the Wash demo so much.

Some of them I just heard yesterday and I still prefer them.

Also, I figure if I listen to them on youtube at least she gets the streaming points, I never illegally downloaded anything.  I would assume her team would pull them down if it really bothered them.

53 minutes ago, Orion said:

Why are we the same?

:queenbitch:

Speaking only for myself, I support M 100% and no matter what. Perhaps you like that about me. :cool:

1 hour ago, LVX said:

People can listen to whatever they want. If someone prefers the demos, who cares?

No need to get salty about my opinion. :queenbitch:

1 minute ago, the-queen said:

Speaking only for myself, I support M 100% and no matter what. Perhaps you like that about me. :cool:

:clap:

Rebel Heart and Borrowed Time were the only better ones for me.  

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Stop it.

I heard them waaaaay after the album was released and didn’t change my perception and thoughts of the magnificent album RH is. Heard some of them once and not really interested to listen to her unfinished songs again. I  really understood her point when the leakage happened. No artist wants to show their unfinished work. It’s awful. 

Living for Love demo pisses all over the final version