Douglaslisboa

The war is over: Janet Jackson on Madonna in 2008

talking shit by bringing up sales is just so petty and unartistic

but madonna is the "bad one".. 

Janet who?

6 hours ago, Gus said:

From Spin

tumblr_m5f4lfuQJ51qb1c2fo1_500.png

yeah but culd someone scan the article from SPIN?

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

yeah but culd someone scan the article from SPIN?

tumblr_mbnep49nZP1qzprgto1_500.png

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-27-49-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-28-40-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-28-55-1.png

I guess this thread proves Janet was right:wacko:

wtf?? M got dragged to the pits for the sex book. has she seen any of madonna's interviews? :lmao: 

7 hours ago, Gus said:

tumblr_mbnep49nZP1qzprgto1_500.png

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-27-49-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-28-40-1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-28-55-1.png

Whats the cunts point? Janet did many many interviews in print and on TV during that era. Why is Madonna any different? The only reason some editors were scared to write a scathing review of SEX was because they didnt want to lose future access to interviewing Madonna. I dont know if she would have ever been that petty tho. For example even though Us printed that dreadful Immaterial Girl article in '93 they had her on the cover with a glowing interview Viva La Diva just 3 short years later to promote Evita.

On 8 February 2018 at 8:46 AM, Nikki said:

wtf?? M was dragged to the pits for the sex book

Michael and Janet were also such manipulative people. They say things to suit themselves. Madonna was trashed relentlessly for the SEX book.   Nikki, we only have to read Quincy Jones's comments in the thread you posted in the music section to see what MJ was about.  Both Michael and Janet loved to play victims while also acting superior but it is all a ploy in reality.  Always thought that when I heard the recordings of MJ's  true speaking voice  The fact he spoke in a deep voice in private yet put on this child like high speaking voice in public was telling.  Wanted to appear childlike and innocent.  

I do believe however that Janet and Madonna would not worry about each other today.  I doubt Madonna would give Janet a thought and I don't think Janet is even worried about her career now.  Both would probably chat away normally if they met today. 

Quincy Jones said it about Michael but it could be said about all the Jacksons. They are very manipulative. Janet managed t get that sweetheart image when in fact she's a horrible person. Rene Elizondo said it in the divorce papers which are absolutely exposing her as a fraud and a terrible person. She managed to hide her first child for years and make people believe she carried the second one. She orchestrated the whole superbowl thing but now she's a victim, people LOOOOOOVE victims. She did not own to it. If she did i could respect her but she didn't. She's her father's daughter. 

But again Jazzy is right, Madonna does not care about Janet, i don't think she ever did, her competition was Michael as well as her idol. Janet wanted to be the female Michael but Madonna just had what she lacks, she knows music and she never relied on anyone to get in the business. Thing is the Jackson brothers and even Latoya now (after they had a spat about that Like a prayer interview in RS about her Toy's Playboy cover). Janet is not even close to her nieces and nephews and not only Michael's but the others were all laughs when a paparazzi asked them about going to see Janet on tour. Maybe one day when the grandma will die, Paris will spill the beans....or Prince Michael. 

What i hated about Janet in the 90's is that she put others down even her brother, she neer baited an eye when reporters were telling her she was the "normal" Jackson because it suited her plan which made Michael a monster. She did not support his claims about their father nor did she support Latoya. She only started speaking up when her career was oer and she needed her dieting book to come back in the spotilight. That's then and only then she backed her sister and brother but she made it sound like she was the one who suffered the most when ALL she has she owes it to Michael. He's the one who did not have a childhood so she could have a great one in Beverly Hills. Prince is another one who knew all about her act very well.

My ex used to work for a company owned by the Al Mana family and he worked closely with Wissam, he always told me they made an odd couple. She never talked to anyone and she even snapped at an employee once whom asked her if she wanted coffee (for her enema ?). 

it's only in the US she was pitted against Madonna because in Europe she was always refered to as Michael's brother or Paula Abdul's competition. Janet was almost non existing in Europe until she signed with Virgin but even the Janet album was not as big in europe as it was in the US, the first single was huge everywhere but then the following singles were not either released or totally ignored. It's hard to believe for her US centric fans because she was sold to them as this big international superstar she was not and there's always this chit-chat between europeans and her american fans about her career here. They should look at the charts. I think Madonna just like Prince did had only contempt for her. Even when she trashed other singers in that Spin interview in 1995, she did not mention Janet.

What about today ? She kind of defended her at the 2004 Grammy's when asked about the Superbowl, she put her on her itunes list in 2008 at #3

"3. Janet – Feedback (Monto Blanco Full Vocal Remix): This is a great song to dance to.”

Does anyone have a link to Renee Elizondo's divorce papers where he goes into detail about Janet pressuring him to stay silent about the huge role he had on her career? Its a great read.

11 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

My ex used to work for a company owned by the Al Mana family and he worked closely with Wissam, he always told me they made an odd couple. She never talked to anyone and she even snapped at an employee once whom asked her if she wanted coffee (for her enema ?)

:rotfl:

Although I believe Jancel was a manipulative self-righteous member of the Jackson clan....for this stupid ass to not read, execute or be concerned about himself and his input is his own fault.  Blame it on his "disorders".....like many do.  You was stupid, Renee!  Wrong?....maybe not.  Gullible?...yep.   Screwed?....you know it!!!  Take responsibility for your actions and do enough research/reading to know who and what you're dealing with.   Love can really be blind.

But enough of the "I was a victim" BS!!!  M got screwed by Guy Bitchie.  Did she cry/complain?  NOPE!!  She moved out and moved on (scarred/heartbroken and screwed)....but strong.  Blaming no one but herself and taking nothing from scorned lovers but knowledge and power.  True to thine self she remains.  

On Wednesday, February 07, 2018 at 5:31 AM, Nikki said:

talking shit by bringing up sales is just so petty and unartistic

but madonna is the "bad one".. 

Janet's career is dead and her albums after AFY flop massively 

We posted this when it was out. Janet also said nice things about her ("She's cool," for one) in 2012, right before M was to perform at the Super Bowl.

I still firmly believe that some major M fans are unnecessarily "Nasty (pun intended) about Janet and her fans, but to each his own. It's not like Madge has always been angelic in what she's said about people, now has she?

Wow, Janet really took time to know MADONNA has only sold 2 million and all the shipping issues? 

15 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

We posted this when it was out. Janet also said nice things about her ("She's cool," for one) in 2012, right before M was to perform at the Super Bowl.

I still firmly believe that some major M fans are unnecessarily "Nasty (pun intended) about Janet and her fans, but to each his own. It's not like Madge has always been angelic in what she's said about people, now has she?

The difference is that M never stabs people in the back and then pretends to be innocent. If you don't see this BIG difference, then you don't really know her. And yes, "she's cool", what a compliment.

6 hours ago, Aime said:

The difference is that M never stabs people in the back and then pretends to be innocent. If you don't see this BIG difference, then you don't really know her. And yes, "she's cool", what a compliment.

Also add that both Janet and MJ fans have constantly been nasty towards  M for years. 

On 7.2.2018 at 2:20 PM, Gus said:

From Spin

tumblr_m5f4lfuQJ51qb1c2fo1_500.png

Finally I know from where this meme of shipped back come from :lmao: