MadonnaNation.com Forums
Douglaslisboa

The war is over: Janet Jackson on Madonna in 2008

It was very popular to hate Madonna in 1993. I'm sure Janet just saw the opportunity to make some profit from it with that "class" comment.  Very crafty of her given the lyrics of some songs on her own new album. It cost Janet nothing to say what she did so why not?

She and Michael anyways expected plaudits. It must have annoyed them both to see Madonna release music regularly and move on consistently without looking back at past successes expecting constant praise.  Janet seems to have matured now and dropped the jealousy - partly because she sabotaged her own career - so has probably developed a better perspective on matters now. 

Madonna has pulled out a boob many a time, and showed way more, but smart enough to know when to do or say what she does...and you can’t put down someone for doing something and then later do it yourself...you lose credibility

I'm sure something happened behind the scenes between M and Janet. 

Madonna cannot stand her and it's no secret....from the "bite your tongue" in 1990 to the "you don't have to show nipples to be interesting" in 2012. 

40 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm sure something happened behind the scenes between M and Janet. 

Madonna cannot stand her and it's no secret....from the "bite your tongue" in 1990 to the "you don't have to show nipples to be interesting" in 2012. 

M probably had many crude moments in the 80s till the mid 90s. "bite your tongue" may have been shady, but the 2012 comment can be interpreted different ways. Im not sure if she meant that in a shady way about janet. I think it was a comment about the ridiculousness of people losing their shit for a nipple.

Think of the matt lauer interview where she talked about the MJ documentary being terrifying. then, when asked to elaborate, she explained saying that the explosiveness of the documentary is terrifying, and actually supported MJ and didnt like m. bashir. sometimes she makes these quick little comments and they mean something different to her than to others.

The bite your tongue thing was her joking around with her dancers. It is not clear at all that she cannot stand her.

I hate these one dimensional comments that have been turned into these legendary tales

on the innernet :rolleyes: or 'the blinds r saying' *Faaaaart* *yawwwn*

Actually Janet was jealous, competitive which ever way u wanna look at it & M ridiculed the

family, Toy Toy in particular in a RS interview & Janet just ran with it.

THE END.

what about the "rather trasparent wouldnt you say" comment

I THINK SHE’S DONE WONDERFUL THINGS. SHE’S DONE GREAT THINGS IN HER CAREER, IN HER LIFE, AND MORE POWER TO HER.

:chuckle:

and don't forget the "really SILLY things tend to get a big reaction in this country", double shade to America and Janet :chuckle:

On 05.02.2018 at 4:55 PM, Orion said:

tumblr_m76m1a437z1qlycwjo1_500.gif

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

and don't forget the "really SILLY things tend to get a big reaction in this country", double shade to America and Janet :chuckle:

but she also shaded herself for the britney kiss. she knows that those silly things get those reactions, that's why she sometimes takes part in them. I really dont see that as janet shade. it's shade to the US

Just now, Nikki said:

but she also shaded herself for the britney kiss. she knows that those silly things get those reactions, that's why she sometimes takes part in them. I really dont see that as janet shade. it's shade to the US

Yes, I was being ironic :laugh: it's a clear shade to the US 

Just now, Orion said:

Yes, I was being ironic :laugh: it's a clear shade to the US 

;)

44 minutes ago, acko said:

The bite your tongue thing was her joking around with her dancers. It is not clear at all that she cannot stand her.

I hate these one dimensional comments that have been turned into these legendary tales

Actually Janet was jealous, competitive which ever way u wanna look at it & M ridiculed the

THE END.

it's ridiculous how some people create hate campaigns about a particular artist for those little comments.. most of them made in jest. everything is taken so seriously these days.. in the 90s (and earlier), everyone commented about everyone like normal humans do. these days everyone has to lick each other's asses. no wonder these new artists dont have any personality

1 hour ago, acko said:

THE END.

THIS. M and Janet were "rivals" in the late '80s and early '90s (not to mention Shep was simultaneously working with them at that time) so the "bite your tongue" comment seemed to just be playfully competitive. Janet was absolutely annoyed with M with comments she made about LaToya and Michael. I think, like Mariah, she was also envious of M's personal, sexual, and professional freedom. 

55 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

what about the "rather trasparent wouldnt you say" comment

What about it?

7 minutes ago, vocalism said:

THIS. M and Janet were "rivals" in the late '80s and early '90s (not to mention Shep was simultaneously working with them at that time) so the "bite your tongue" comment seemed to just be playfully competitive. Janet was absolutely annoyed with M with comments she made about LaToya and Michael. I think, like Mariah, she was also envious of M's personal, sexual, and professional freedom. 

What about it?

I bet Janet didnt like that..

Just now, dollhouse said:

I bet Janet didnt like that..

Probably not. But M was responding to her diss in Vibe (?). That was probably the nicest thing M could have said. Although her faux innocent comment about she "doesn't know anyone she knows" probably annoyed Janet, since M knows her brother, Shep, and probably many others.

1 minute ago, vocalism said:

Probably not. But M was responding to her diss in Vibe (?). That was probably the nicest thing M could have said. Although her faux innocent comment about she "doesn't know anyone she knows" probably annoyed Janet, since M knows her brother, Shep, and probably many others.

and what did Janet really say in VIBE 1993.

Never read that and its always semi quoted or rumoured.

5 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

but years later....

26 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

I think she was asked about Madonna and she said "My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I honestly believe that she was sore over M's comments about MJ a couple of years earlier. 

2 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I think she was asked about Madonna and she said "My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I honestly believe that she was sore over M's comments about MJ a couple of years earlier. 

what a horrible cunt.

2 hours ago, vocalism said:

I was surprised when Madonna said (in the making of Take a Bow interview) that she doesn't know anyone Janet knows... I think she meant friends and associates, but she knew Michael, that's quite  a big connection :lol: and they both worked with Mary Lambert, Herb Ritts... it's not like they don't have any connections whatsoever, the celebrity world is quite small.

Madonna won the one-sided beef between them. Janet fans are in for a rude awakening once she's inducted into the hall of fame where she'll permanently retire from the public eye to stay fat and live off her gay ex-husband's settlement. 

What'sthe beef about really?

13 hours ago, functions_X said:

I was surprised when Madonna said (in the making of Take a Bow interview) that she doesn't know anyone Janet knows... I think she meant friends and associates, but she knew Michael, that's quite  a big connection :lol: and they both worked with Mary Lambert, Herb Ritts... it's not like they don't have any connections whatsoever, the celebrity world is quite small.

Madonna’s friendship with MJ was short lived though. She possibly only met him a couple times. They didn’t become close or anything. Their relationship was very superficial anyway. By the time she did that interview MJ was already long forgotten. 

17 hours ago, dollhouse said:

From Spin

tumblr_m5f4lfuQJ51qb1c2fo1_500.png

1 minute ago, Gus said:

tumblr_m5f4lfuQJ51qb1c2fo1_500.png

And Jancel cares about Erotica shipments cause???