MadonnaNation.com Forums
Douglaslisboa

The war is over: Janet Jackson on Madonna in 2008

Janet Jackson on Madonna in 2008

I’M NOT SURE IF YOU’RE AWARE OF THIS, BUT THERE’S AN INTERNET WAR BETWEEN JANET AND MADONNA FANS. I KNOW YOU AND MADONNA HAD SOME BEEF IN THE ’90S, BUT DO YOU THINK THE HEAT BETWEEN MADONNA AND JANET FANS HAS ANY VALIDITY?

NO—I DIDN’T KNOW THIS WAS GOING ON. [LAUGHS]

THEY ARGUE, MAKE VIDEOS AND, OF COURSE, IT’S MOSTLY THE GAY FANS. SO PEOPLE ARE CURIOUS: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON MADONNA NOW?

I THINK SHE’S DONE WONDERFUL THINGS. SHE’S DONE GREAT THINGS IN HER CAREER, IN HER LIFE, AND MORE POWER TO HER. I THINK FANS WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY—ALWAYS. THEY’RE JUST INCREDIBLY LOYAL AND THEY LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING REMOTELY NEGATIVE, THEY’RE THERE TO JUST IMMEDIATELY JUMP ON THEM. IT’LL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY—VERY LOYAL.

Not good enough. Avoid talking about the music, use past tense, quickly change focus to fans. If you want to suck back up to the queen, here are the words:

”She has been and still is the greatest pop artist. She has some of the best songs and biggest hits of all time. She’s the greatest live performer. She’s also a great mother, gives so much through her charity work, and speaks out on important issues. If I have ever said anything negative about the queen, I was wrong and jealous.”

What the fuck is a Janet? 

I remember this!

Oh 

I thought The war ended when madonna steam rolled over her and her musical career. 

giphy.gif

I think the time came where Janet just had to graciously admit defeat. She really thought she was in with a chance of usurping Madonna's position in music in 1993 but Madonna cleverly rebuilt her career with Bedtime Stories/Something to Remember and Evita so by 1998 the public and the industry were just putty in her hands again and she has consistently outsold Janet ever since.

Janet hasn't been relevant for 18 years.  Flop albums.  Flop songs.  Flop tours.  Two decades of flop.

ZERO UK #1s since 1982

"I don't like her.  She's a lie"  

Rose McGowan answer about Alyssa should be made a gif to be used on these threads about fake apologies. :lol:

14 hours ago, Paul said:

Not good enough. Avoid talking about the music, use past tense, quickly change focus to fans. If you want to suck back up to the queen, here are the words:

”She has been and still is the greatest pop artist. She has some of the best songs and biggest hits of all time. She’s the greatest live performer. She’s also a great mother, gives so much through her charity work, and speaks out on important issues. If I have ever said anything negative about the queen, I was wrong and jealous.”

I could take only such an apology from Jancel. By the way, the feud seems to have been one sided - at least publicly. I never heard Madge diss her while Jancel pretty much did only that round 1993-1994. And thinking she has a class unlike Madonna: Jancel is the definition of delusion.

3 hours ago, Douglaslisboa said:

Aparently the war isn’t over 

cdb17e6d35f982030e38de3cde27dfcd--janet-

:sneaky:

Is this real?

Beyond fake.

3 hours ago, Douglaslisboa said:

Aparently the war isn’t over 

cdb17e6d35f982030e38de3cde27dfcd--janet-

:sneaky:

Beauty and the Beast

This OLD mess :wacko: thought it was something recent. And Janet already wished Madonna well before her Superbowl show a few years ago. There's no bad blood or anything. Just a bunch of old catty fags who can't get past some rivalry from the Stone Age. 

#NeverForget

giphy.gif

There was a war ? I think they were competitive but a war ? No. The real war Jancelled had was with Prince. He accused her of stealing WHYDFML since it came out (apparently it was a demo he did with the Time when Jam & Lewis were still part of the band) and made not so nice comments about her. There was a war between Janet and Paula Abdul after Janet signed to Virgin records on which Paula was the superstar then and she killed her career because she had an affair with her brother Randy. Janet's nasty ways are no secret to people in the music industry which does not fair well with her sweetheart image.

19 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

There was a war ? I think they were competitive but a war ? No. The real war Jancelled had was with Prince. He accused her of stealing WHYDFML since it came out (apparently it was a demo he did with the Time when Jam & Lewis were still part of the band) and made not so nice comments about her. There was a war between Janet and Paula Abdul after Janet signed to Virgin records on which Paula was the superstar then and she killed her career because she had an affair with her brother Randy. Janet's nasty ways are no secret to people in the music industry which does not fair well with her sweetheart image.

I need more details on this.

7 minutes ago, Trent said:

I need a TV mini series on this. 

20 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Interesting because fans like to s y that Janet is innocent and would never shade anyone

Madonna is the Queen

Janet is the Court Jester who for 3 years in the '80s had delusions of being the Princess in the USA only because she was still a floppy piece of shit everywhere else. 

3 hours ago, Trent said:

In fact it was with Jackie Jackson and not Marlon.