MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedey

In defence of Madonna's 'heavily edited' tour films...

On February 12, 2018 at 7:32 AM, acko said:

Listen to this random TV Broadcast upload from VHS on fucking Youtube and hear the RANGE of sound.

These digital times r indeed tragic.

Absolutely miss these days.  The audio was light years ahead of the condensed garbage that is being processed today.  And those vocals, raw and live - the overdubs and backings are becoming increasingly embarrassing - M can sing.

Talking about tours, does anyone know if Madonna will be touring her new album, with her filming duties and all?

On 5/8/2018 at 2:53 AM, Bat-Fan said:

Talking about tours, does anyone know if Madonna will be touring her new album, with her filming duties and all?

Madonna films her tours. Nobody knows anything concerning the particulars of her latest studio release and what kind of production she's mounting in support of it.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:27 PM, Suedy said:

I know some fans prefer the live shows to be more faithful to the live experience - however, the tour DVD / film is supposed to promote the tour but also is a filmic depiction and an artistic contextualisation and reinterpretation in the editing suite in Madonna's part. So in that sense I can understand where she's coming from. She wants to project the show as she saw it in her head when she conceptualised it, or as she felt it when she was performing it. So in that sense, okay it makes sense and I think it's her prerogative as an artist. 

If this was the case ("She wants to project the show as she saw it in her head when she conceptualised it") then maybe she should film the show specifically on a rented stage, fully equipped and fully controled environment, no audience, but with fully planned camera positions, scenes, etc. The thing is she's filming a tour as it was performed and as people saw it. I'm not against fixing "mistakes" or little touch ups. Those are fine, but doing cheap filters ruins this both as someone's view of a tour he/she couldn't visit for one reason or another and also as a memo for someone who has been on tour. 

I won't even go into the audio thing.