MadonnaNation.com Forums
spotlight

LADY FIBROMYASS JOANCELS TOUR AT LAST MINUTE CAUSE EUROPE DOES NOT CARE

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

are any of you also a little annoyed with how so many people give credit to gaga for starting a country trend? if anything, avicii started it and madonna jumped on board with rebel heart (some of the demos are very country/folk. and a few of the songs on the album as well) i remember our discussions and how M is doing a country inspired album with avicii.. a few months later gaga works on her album and wants to do country. people like to forget that

only her delusional stans would think that.

NOBODY talks about Gaga outside this forum and a handful of other diva forums :lol:

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

are any of you also a little annoyed with how so many people give credit to gaga for starting a country trend? if anything, avicii started it and madonna jumped on board with rebel heart (some of the demos are very country/folk. and a few of the songs on the album as well) i remember our discussions and how M is doing a country inspired album with avicii.. a few months later gaga works on her album and wants to do country. people like to forget that

It's her PR team pulling it straight out their asses. As we know, going "country" is nothing new. Fuck, Jewel, Sheryl Crow, Darius Rucker and didn't Jessica Simpson, too—or did she start country and go back? Whatevs. Not worth googling that one. :) 

Anyhoot, fuck this bish. 

Who even went country after her?  Country singer Miley Cyrus?  Kesha is pretty much the only person.  The only influence she ever had in her career was getting people to dress in idiotic costumes which is now seen as embarrassing when we look back.

1 hour ago, loowee said:

only her delusional stans would think that.

Ad there it is. They need something, anything, to convince themselves she's relevant. 

19 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Who even went country after her?  Country singer Miley Cyrus?  Kesha is pretty much the only person.  The only influence she ever had in her career was getting people to dress in idiotic costumes which is now seen as embarrassing when we look back.

Both Miley and Kylie have gone down the country route and both of them produced much better and much more successful radio hits:rotfl:

As much as she's tried to push the country thing, she's not actually released a single that was country influenced.

I still can't believe she released a piano version of Joanne then sits in the video playing a guitar.

Don't Tell Me is everything she wanted the Joan project to be and it's everything her album is not.

Madonna did the ultimate pop country album back in 2000 with Music with correct imagery.

Gaga tried with Joanne 17 years later.

28 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Madonna did the ultimate pop country album back in 2000 with Music with correct imagery.

Gaga tried with Joanne 17 years later.

And Madonna didn’t just do country but also brought something new to the table combining it with electro.

5 minutes ago, adirondak said:

And Madonna didn’t just do country but also brought something new to the table combining it with electro.

Exactly. 

Music was SOMETHING FRESH,  not just some country camp (Kylie)  or country fake (Gaga)  

Miley was born listening to country.  it's only normal she releases something like that.  She has the voice too. 

2 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Yeah Mirwais production & progressive beats intersected very uniquely with the American country aesthetic.

Caca take on the genre is too basic & literal. 

18 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yeah Mirwais production & progressive beats intersected very uniquely with the American country aesthetic.

Caca take on the genre is too basic & literal. 

you mean reductive, perhaps?

I know this is splitting hairs, but technically there was nothing "country" about Music. It was just acoustic (maybe you could call it folk, hence "folk-tronica"). She did the whole cowboy image thing, and the line-dancing in DTM, but the actual music itself wasn't very country. And neither is Joanne, honestly. 

9 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I know this is splitting hairs, but technically there was nothing "country" about Music. It was just acoustic (maybe you could call it folk, hence "folk-tronica"). She did the whole cowboy image thing, and the line-dancing in DTM, but the actual music itself wasn't very country. And neither is Joanne, honestly. 

Joanne copied the cowboy theme style of Music even down to the pink hat. The difference is that Music was a good pop album. J was a bore and you could easily fall asleep like on every song. I tried to listen to it out of curiosity but I never managed to finish listening to a song. Million Bores takes the cake as the most tuneless, lifeless, cheesy snore fest recorded. 

Million doodeys sounds like a Shelby Lynne b side.

And this is exactly why it has never happened..

E5521888-B27E-4E60-AA1D-BD320B18BC25.gif

3 minutes ago, danorbit said:

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Toni said:

THEN WHY DO ALL OF YOUR SONGS SOUND LIKE CHEAP EDM TRASH???!!

shes SO pretentious

the only reason shes saying this so she has an excuse to say she has a good voice and can write songs. AGAIN implying that shes better than everyone else.

and the thing is, she barely writes any of her stuff!

1 hour ago, adirondak said:

Million doodeys sounds like a Shelby Lynne b side.

Except Shelby Lynne is a huge talent, and genuinely great songwriter.

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

Agree totally.  I love Music album to death but the imagery was more country than the music although Don't tell me had a bit of a country feel. 

I had said for years that Madonna is one of the few pop stars who could sing country and western music beautifully if she wanted to. She has the clear vocals, pitch and emotive feeling in her voice to carry it off perfectly.

Devil Prays was more of a country song than all of the other attempts by pop girls to do country and she sang it perfectly. 

51 minutes ago, Toni said:

this bitch really pissed me off when in an interview she said she is so different from Madonna, because she's a songwriter...fuck her, like Madonna wrote many of her songs too, and has had many collaborators just like this bitch! That's when I start disliking (hating) an artist when they think they are so much better than their peers

15 minutes ago, Aries said:

this bitch really pissed me off when in an interview she said she is so different from Madonna, because she's a songwriter...fuck her, like Madonna wrote many of her songs too, and has had many collaborators just like this bitch! That's when I start disliking (hating) an artist when they think they are so much better than their peers

that's when she went too far. I really expected friends of madonna to defend her because she really crossed a line

even her eyes in that gif look totally psychotic. sorry but it's the truth

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

even her eyes in that gif look totally psychotic. sorry but it's the truth

she really thinks she's the Picasso Of Pop, and no one has ever or will ever craft a deeper, more heartfelt song than her!