MadonnaNation.com Forums
spotlight

LADY FIBROMYASS JOANCELS TOUR AT LAST MINUTE CAUSE EUROPE DOES NOT CARE

So, now that this subject is tired and she's done. Let's move on to something more interesting. Do you think a new female popstar will rise soon ? One who is genuine and not some replica who follows a recipe step by step ? I think it's time somebody new comes up. It's gonna be hard because record companies won't invest in grooming another popstar the way they did with Gaga and if her parents are not billionaires like Gaga's and Swift's there are no chances for a superstar like Madonna, Prince, Michael Jackson and even Britney will rise. 

It's a shame because there so many talented and genuine singers out there but they don't have Joe Germanotta money to back them up into superstardom.

Grimes is very interesting but she seems to have hit a glass ceiling and won't be more famous than she is now. I had high hopes for Samantha Urbani but she needs a back up. 

Plus the way the recording industry is now, i don't see anyone coming up soon, male or female. 

But the new generation needs a new female popstar, gaga is  of the past and young people don't care about her. Teenagers don't care about her, they don't buy her records and she's still too new to be a legacy act especially since she has no legacy of her own just regurgitations of othe legacies of others. Word is her movie is terrible so she won't go Hollywood. She's not in touch with the young hip people she leeched on in the beginning. She has no clue what young cool people in NYC and London listen to and do. They are into Vetements and DIY stuff. Maybe they don't need a popstar because they behave like one. I worked on a piece about New York queer kids and their world is miles away from Gaga's. I wonder if a female popstar will manage to come out of this movement. And please this time with interesting music or at least new. 

Do you have names of up and coming female singers who might be the next big thing ?

It's always nice to support upcoming female popstars and see them rise BUT only when the music is good which was never the case with Gaga. I think i like all female popstars except her to tell the truth and this from the moment the promo cd of "Just dance" was on my desk 10 years ago for me to review as part of my then new job. I just hated it (funny because i think it's her most tolerable song now) and i remember liking another track better on that 4 tracks promo cd that is not on the Fame album. I can't remember the name of the song but it's about joining the circus or a freak show. It sounded more underground than just dance but it still sounded like an unpolished demo. 

23 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Madonna completed 82 sold-out shows during her Rebel Heart Tour.

And grossed $170 million.

To support her thirteenth album.

When she was 57.

With 0 cancellations.

Then she filmed, edited, and aired the show.

Which was her TENTH tour overall and NINTH WORLD TOUR.

Truth hurts, 'eh?

preach !!

50 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Exactly, 

if this tour was selling out and she was making money from it she would never have joancelled. She would have scaled her dancing parts  back were she didn’t have to move as much. She could’ve just sat on a stool all night and still honoured her tour dates.

She barely moved for Cheek to Cheek Tour and that shit still got cancelled.

48 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

So, now that this subject is tired and she's done. Let's move on to something more interesting. Do you think a new female popstar will rise soon ? One who is genuine and not some replica who follows a recipe step by step ? I think it's time somebody new comes up. It's gonna be hard because record companies won't invest in grooming another popstar the way they did with Gaga and if her parents are not billionaires like Gaga's and Swift's there are no chances for a superstar like Madonna, Prince, Michael Jackson and even Britney will rise. 

It's a shame because there so many talented and genuine singers out there but they don't have Joe Germanotta money to back them up into superstardom.

Grimes is very interesting but she seems to have hit a glass ceiling and won't be more famous than she is now. I had high hopes for Samantha Urbani but she needs a back up. 

Plus the way the recording industry is now, i don't see anyone coming up soon, male or female. 

But the new generation needs a new female popstar, gaga is  of the past and young people don't care about her. Teenagers don't care about her, they don't buy her records and she's still too new to be a legacy act especially since she has no legacy of her own just regurgitations of othe legacies of others. Word is her movie is terrible so she won't go Hollywood. She's not in touch with the young hip people she leeched on in the beginning. She has no clue what young cool people in NYC and London listen to and do. They are into Vetements and DIY stuff. Maybe they don't need a popstar because they behave like one. I worked on a piece about New York queer kids and their world is miles away from Gaga's. I wonder if a female popstar will manage to come out of this movement. And please this time with interesting music or at least new. 

Do you have names of up and coming female singers who might be the next big thing ?

It's always nice to support upcoming female popstars and see them rise BUT only when the music is good which was never the case with Gaga. I think i like all female popstars except her to tell the truth and this from the moment the promo cd of "Just dance" was on my desk 10 years ago for me to review as part of my then new job. I just hated it (funny because i think it's her most tolerable song now) and i remember liking another track better on that 4 tracks promo cd that is not on the Fame album. I can't remember the name of the song but it's about joining the circus or a freak show. It sounded more underground than just dance but it still sounded like an unpolished demo. 

I think it is going to take a while for one to show up, if any. So we are stuck with the current ones whose careers are now on life support: gaga, swift, perry, spears... I still believe gaga could've had a good run as a touring/semi-legacy act, for a few 4 or 5 years. If only because there seem to be at least 1000+ cult-followers in every major city. She had the niche, but she didn't play her cards right. Instead of scaling down the way britney did (touring smaller venues, vegas, etc), just went along pretending she was still living in her pop zeitgeist. It is unlikey she gets any hits on the radio, and her touring creds are now probably damaged far beyond repair. I think she should go back to Bennet, record some more jazz bores, do cabaret-type shows, and settle into musical theater if possible.

Pop seems to be going the Rock route: since the early 00s no new major bands coming up, but still some doing interesting stuff and getting some minor hits and success (The National, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Metric... off the top of my head, and no Coldplay is pop so they don't count).

6 minutes ago, moniquearis said:

She barely moved for Cheek to Cheek Tour and that shit still got cancelled.

C 2 C got cancelled too ?

She should just do a tour on a stool.  They could promote as Lady Gaga: Live in her own Stool.

5 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

I think it is going to take a while for one to show up, if any. So we are stuck with the current ones whose careers are now on life support: gaga, swift, perry, spears... I still believe gaga could've had a good run as a touring novelty, semi-legacy act, for a few 4 or 5 years more. If only because there seem to be at least 1000+ cult-followers in every major city. She had he niche, but she didn't play her cards right. Instead of scaling down the way britney did (touring smaller venues, vegas, etc), just went along pretending she was still living in her pop zeitgeist. It is unlikey she gets any hits on the radio, and her touring creds are now probably damaged far beyond repair. I think she should go back to Bennet, record some more jazz bores, do cabaret-type shows, and settle into musical theater if possible.

Pop seems to be going the Rock route: since the early 00s no new major bands coming up, but still some doing interesting stuff and getting some minor hits and success (The National, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Metric... off the top of my head, and no Coldplay is pop so they don't count).

Gaga should do Broadway. Get a 2 years contract remaking Evita or Cats. That's where she belongs. I think "Funny girl" and all these Broadway type shows are perfect for her. She could be the new Patti Lupone. 

It's hard to predict where Pop is going. Rock is still very underground but they seem to favourite bands like The Breeders and Luscious Jackson which i gladly welcome :) When we did the next 20 acts to follow with my magazine we went through tons and tons of soundclouds and instagrams and there was not a particular tendancy coming out. 

Rn'B and hip Hop are beyond tired now. EDM is cheap. Kids i interviewed seem to adore trance. They even mentionned Above and Beyond as their favourite band which left me speechless because i did not know they were still doing stuff. Raves are making a comeback in France. Frankly it's all over the place and it's hard to say "this is the next big sound" or "this is the next big thing". 

What a fucking piece of lying shit she is!! KARMA IS A BITCH ain't it Stefani? 

3 minutes ago, peppermint said:

What a fucking piece of lying shit she is!! KARMA IS A BITCH ain't it Stefani? 

You said it babe, KARMA 

Yeah, I'm surprised Gaga hasn't done Broadway. I think that would be a good fit for her. She can scream her head off and not have to worry about choreography. She'd get standing ovations every night and feel like a success. The problem is that she still thinks of herself as a pop star. She hasn't realized that ship has sailed. It's time for the next phase. I don't see her physically capable of doing a Vegas residency. That was a big mistake.

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

Billboard posted that 2 years ago.  That Madonna page posted it today.

Oh, cool! Thank you! :) :) 

Ah, and we close the book on another "amazingly successful" Lady Gaga "era," — Joanne. So many highlights. 

In no particular order, although the first commemorate her Superbowl anniversary...

Superbowl game ratings come out and are terribly low—until somehow moments later, it becomes huge. Um, okay. 

Gaga completely abandoning her latest album's  concept to dress up as the old Gaga of 2008-12—when she was popular and had actual hits. 

Drops John Wayne right after Superbowl. Video is flushed down the toilet bowl of time within days. A year later - only 29 million views. 

Million Reasons finally reaches peak Schiavo with exposure and discounts at #4. What a "hit." 

Months after a career highlight for any artist (SB exposure), releases a new single to capitalize on her "popularity." The absolute shit that is The Cure flops moments after release. 

Oh, and so many more. So many memories. All hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Lupus is a complex disease with a complex diagnostic algorithm. You need to fulfil a number of minimal criteria before you are given a diagnosis of lupus.

Years ago when she said she tested borderline positive for lupus or something like that what she probably meant was a single blood test which is in no way a diagnostic test but part of a complex set of lupus tests. 

She is also quite young for fibromyalgia which normally affects older people but still not that uncommon in her age group. She may also have a form of chronic fatigue syndrome related to these conditions and her pain is probably part of that. 

I am not a fan of hers but the posts about her health and her looks here in this thread by many posters are really disgusting. We all hate that she copies Madonna so much and her music is by and large terrible but some of the misogynistic hateful stuff here is way too much. 

:clap:

33 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It's hard to predict where Pop is going. Rock is still very underground but they seem to favourite bands like The Breeders and Luscious Jackson which i gladly welcome :) When we did the next 20 acts to follow with my magazine we went through tons and tons of soundclouds and instagrams and there was not a particular tendancy coming out. 

I love The Breeders! Have yet to listen to Luscious Jackson, so will check it out. Do you have a link to the article of your magazine? I´m curious.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Dua Lipa is well popular now so her big time might come soon. There’s still interest in Cardi B but she needs to drop her album ASAP if not peeps will move on and forget about her. Selena Gomes comes and goes.. but I don’t think she’s ever had a big moment. Camilla Cabello is nice and she currently has a big tune but I don’t think people care that much about her. Adele is possibly the only big current star consistently selling records and have popularity. Beyoncé is still culturally relevant but music wise she’s nolonger trendy to the kids or selling that many records. I would also say Swift is not as popular as she used to be and it seems she’s quickly losing revalence. Rihanna is recording a new album so she’s out of the picture. There’s also Hailey,  Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Halsey, Ann Marie.. even  Niki Minaj, Pink, Lorde, Katy Perry and Kesha. In the U.K. Rita Ora is rather popular at the moment. I personally love Alessia Cara but she’s not big or anything. I don’t think at this moment in time we have a real big female artist around. If we look at what people are listening to on Spotify or whats on radio, etc.. Male singers are definitely on top.

What happens when you spew lies upon lies....?  You get KARMA.....which in turn......, you become KARMA-LIZED!!!  
Bye, Lady Fraudulent.

Ms. Celie - crumble.gif

35 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

:clap:

What are you applauding for? He comes in here and drops bombs on her too then every once in awhile slinks in to wag a finger at us. Dude needs to make up his mind, it's weird.

ya didnt she go around saying she had a libel tear in her hip and had surgery.

now it's she just flat out broke her hip.

so confusing to keep up with her bullshit.

1 minute ago, Sloane said:

What are you applauding for? He comes in here and drops bombs on her too then every once in awhile slinks in to wag a finger at us. Dude needs to make up his mind, it's weird.

I don’t know what Suedehead posted in the past. But I agreed with what he wrote in that post. I liked the message. I get the silly, funny comments that people throw now and then on this thread. I find them hilarious but sometimes the tone of this particular thread becomes too much to stomach. I’m not saying people should defend Gaga and believe everything she says. I personally believe she lies and is using her fan base for selfish gains but when people get all worked up to the point of using insults and body shaming her and that sort of talk I think it’s not cool. It just comes across as blind hate and it’s something I will always stand against. We can all be critical and have opinions but we can also choose carefully what we want to say so that we maintain an open debate and no one gets offended. 

I can just picture Gaga now: Laying in bed, eating chili out of a pink cowboy hat and settling in for the latest Gags thread drama. It's the only heat she gets! :) 

:rotfl:

i think we can all agree the pop princess section is not for the faint of heart or the defenseless.  it definitely is for an adult audience and personally think it should only be seen by registered members (attn moderators)

im all for freedom of expression/speech, but in this moment in time, we should "try" to practice practicality/awareness with our comments.

i don't like gaga, but i don't wish her ill will nor will i compare her to madonna. karma is not an ego tripping. karma is equal opportunity and i refuse to align bad energy with my girl M.

The two are complete worlds apart. I wish we could leave the two separate (while understanding it is a madonna forum).

1 hour ago, Icykiller said:

I love The Breeders! Have yet to listen to Luscious Jackson, so will check it out. Do you have a link to the article of your magazine? I´m curious.

To tell you the truth it started out as an article we wanted to make post holidays because we thought it would be easy and news were slow so it was perfect for our lazy asses. After a week we could not come up with something because there was too much. Thing is the music scene outside record companies is very rich. So we are still working on it, we were twoin the beginning now it's the whole editorial staff working on it for spring and festivvals season. 

34 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

i think we can all agree the pop princess section is not for the faint of heart or the defenseless....

You're talking about the I Love Cock thread. God I miss that.

Just now, Sloane said:

You're talking about the I Love Cock thread. God I miss that.

OK that made me chuckel but you feel me ;)

If only the little muffin tops had listened to us about the tour surely being cancelled they would've saved themselves so much money and grief. There. See? Compassion. We know they read and were only trying to help. :loltastica: