MadonnaNation.com Forums
Bat-Fan

Her next tour

This might be a stupid question and too early to ask but since fans are posting their request songs for the next world tour I have to ask: do we know she is going to do a world tour? Remember that recent article were she is talking about the new music she said she has done all she can with big production tours and wants to do something different, something small and more intimate, thant to me sounds like more of a TOAC kind of set up, a show, but that cant be called a world tour. We also saw she had problems filling the arenas, I for one was at her "sold out shows" with so many empty seats it was sad. It is possible she is really done with arenas? If you think my question is stupid, pls read the article, she practically said she is done with arenas. If so obviously stadiums are off too. What do you think?

Okay legit question: do you think this tour will struggle to sell-out venues more or less than Rebel Heart Tour? I think she can do SOME stadiums (hear me out) if she goes to overlooked, SECONDARY cities she's never visited/usually skipped over for large tours (Malaga, Krakow, Lyon, Toulouse, basically all of eastern Europe). Exact same thing for South American and Asian cities.

Depends how her new album is received and if it has the impact RH didn’t.

If she could have another hit single she would sell more tickets but the RH tour did struggle especially in cities she has always traditionally played multiple nights.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Depends how her new album is received and if it has the impact RH didn’t.

If she could have another hit single she would sell more tickets but the RH tour did struggle especially in cities she has always traditionally played multiple nights.

Time will tell.

True, it did sound like had already decided against arena tours in general, maybe it was just something she said just in case the album wouldnt sell, I personally would love to attend one more arena tour of hers.

7 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

True, it did sound like had already decided against arena tours in general, maybe it was just something she said just in case the album wouldnt sell, I personally would love to attend one more arena tour of hers.

I think even at this point she could still sell out global arenas as she did with RH but at her prices, the late arrivals on stage and no chart presence it is becoming increasingly difficult.

I think the residencey idea will take place after his album.

I think they’ll be one last album/tour cycle to complete the LN contract.

13 hours ago, Confessit said:

I think even at this point she could still sell out global arenas as she did with RH but at her prices, the late arrivals on stage and no chart presence it is becoming increasingly difficult.

I hate to say it, but the late arrivals seriously do piss off casual fans, many prob enough to say not again.

i really hope she does a theater tour. small venues. more intimate and spontaneous. then she can work water like she wanted. it would all be so different coming from her. and she will be able to remain a gypsy still. 

she needs to build up to stadiums again like they did back with confessions tour before sticky & sweet tour. that strategy worked.

I would like to see one more arena tour before she settles into the theatre/residency thing. I also think it would be wise to do two things: promote the next tour the way the ReInvention Tour was promoted and that was, heavily promoted as a hits tour to get bums on seats and justify the cost and secondly skip the markets this time around where she struggled to sell out last time or in the event that there is no hit single or the album isnt a major success. Live Nation need to be creative with the itinerary like they were with The Girlie Show itinerary. That tour was a major success and focused on markets she hadn't toured before, she grossed more than Blond Ambition and from less shows.

For some reason Live Nation just want to continue to saturate the same markets and damage her hard fought touring reputation in the process. Look how long it took them to book her into Asia and Australia, it's absolutely ridiculous. Back to the promotion for a second i was absolutely shocked at the sheer lack of promotion her first Australian tour in 19 years got. If it wasnt for our disgraceful media reporting her 'meltdown' you wouldn't have known she was here. Live Nation did no television commercials, i saw no magazine adverts etc. The only promo i saw was an interview she did with Andy Cohen in the US that was reprinted for one of our trashy gossip mags about the tour. I dont listen to the radio much so i cant comment on if there was any radio promo but it was obvious from the way that the Brisbane dates were reshuffled that Live Nation had been expecting much bigger demand. Ironic that they werent prepared to put in any work or spend any money to get a return on their investment.

In 1993 when tickets went on sale for The Girlie Show it was an event here that was covered by all the news bulletins and that was just for the tickets going on sale let alone her actual visit which was treated like a member of the royal family coming to town. Ive read other members here saying similar things about Live Nation in their territories. Its not all Madonna's fault. Yes its easier to get bums on seats when there are hit singles and albums being sold but its frustrating when i see lesser artists getting much better promo for their tours than Madonna does. Interesting that Madonna's best promoted tour (ReInvention) was through Clear Channel then she decided to sign with Live Nation.

Do you know if she had a contractual agreement to do one more tour or can she stop now if she wants to.

This thread is a bit depressing. I understand that the last tour didn't sell out in 2 minutes like before, but it still grossed 170 millions and every show was sold out at the end. There's no need for theater tour or a residency (unless M wants to experiment things like TOAC of course, but I doubt it would be on a large scale). With a bit of promo she can do successfull arena tours until she's 100.

55 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Do you know if she had a contractual agreement to do one more tour or can she stop now if she wants to.

This is a Hot debate.

Some fans think the contract is finished others think she has one more tour.

One things for certain she has one more album to deliver.

40 minutes ago, Moka said:

This thread is a bit depressing. I understand that the last tour didn't sell out in 2 minutes like before, but it still grossed 170 millions and every show was sold out at the end. There's no need for theater tour or a residency (unless M wants to experiment things like TOAC of course, but I doubt it would be on a large scale). With a bit of promo she can do successfull arena tours until she's 100.

I have no doubt she could do arena tour and sell well, I am more thinking about this because of her recent comment about being done with arenas and big production. That was not speculation but her words and I agree it is depressing, I want to go again ☺

The Rebel Heart Tour struggled? Didn't it sell like 160 million dollars? :lol: 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:28 AM, Confessit said:

I agree with all of this. I suspect M will do a more intimate show (smaller theaters) but the tickets will be pricey as fuck, so she'll likely pull in a hefty haul anyway. I doubt stadiums aside from the occasional one maybe in Europe or Asia.

Actually now she is in the studio I have actually thought about what Madonna said 2 years ago during her Melbourne show that she would return in April 2019 so that may be looking more & more likely since we should have the new album by the fall before she starts rehearsals this time next year & possibly kicks off the tour in Australia before heading to Asia, Europe, North/South America? 

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

The Rebel Heart Tour struggled? Didn't it sell like 160 million dollars? :lol: 

Compared to the past tours yes. She struggled to sell out tickets even in major markets. If it wasn't for the her first Asia leg of her entire career, we would've ended up with a tour below an average gross of $2M, which is rather low for Madonna's caliber. 

7 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I agree with all of this. I suspect M will do a more intimate show (smaller theaters) but the tickets will be pricey as fuck, so she'll likely pull in a hefty haul anyway. I doubt stadiums aside from the occasional one maybe in Europe or Asia.

But still one big world arena tour first?

18 hours ago, loowee said:

Compared to the past tours yes. She struggled to sell out tickets even in major markets. If it wasn't for the her first Asia leg of her entire career, we would've ended up with a tour below an average gross of $2M, which is rather low for Madonna's caliber. 

She didn't make AS MUCH because she's toured those cities over and over and over again. I really don't think we should be using "struggle". 

19 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

But still one big world arena tour first?

Well hey, I would gladly take an arena tour before an intimate one, but I think a few things:

1. Madonna has soured a lot of casual fans with her lateness and (until the last tour) relatively light-on-hits setlists. I doubt they are coming back unless she has a big current hit (also not likely)
  2. Big productions cost lots of money, and I think she may want something with better profit margins if she has to go smaller
  3. These "Lisbon Nights in the Living Room" parties she's been attending are ripe for a stage inspiration. I can see her doing smaller shows just because the energy might be more to her liking now. Plus, a smaller show will attract mostly the hardcore fans and we're more fun than the large masses of lame ass "stand there and smoke a joint" sonsabitches.

I'm starving for new music, not for a new tour/new expensive ticket. I'm still fresh of the awesome experience of RHT and I rather wait for another two albums before a huge stadium tour comeback.