The promo campaign for Ms new album

just!ce

1 minute ago, Kilt said:

If she does Eurovision, which i doubt she will, it will target the EU obviously and would be a good  promo move.

200 millon people watching, tons of press coverage and the number 1 twitter trending the following day....

....it’s a no brainier to launch her back to Europe.

I think it would have a better impact performing a first single at the Eurovision than the VMAs or EMAs.

10 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Glastonbury said years ago they wouldn't have M. Hopefully they will change their minds as she'd be awesome in one of the main headline slots.

That was the owner (forgotten his name) but the daughter is now running i believe and she followed M on IG a few months ago..

10 hours ago, Confessit said:

200 millon people watching, tons of press coverage and the number 1 twitter trending the following day....

....it’s a no brainier to launch her back to Europe.

I think it would have a better impact performing a first single at the Eurovision than the VMAs or EMAs.

Yes yes yes 

Love all the ideas but realistically- do you think promo for this next album will be better than RH? They must have learned SOME lessons this time around. For sure it will all around be a bit tighter, but do you think M's team (or label or whatever) will be more clever with the release/promo?

Guest eroticerotic
24 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Love all the ideas but realistically- do you think promo for this next album will be better than RH? They must have learned SOME lessons this time around. For sure it will all around be a bit tighter, but do you think M's team (or label or whatever) will be more clever with the release/promo?

I think it'll be more than rh promo. I think she re realized during rebel heart how much she loves it  and she seems hungrier

ESC seems like the perfect opportunity, which means she ll probably NOT do it :(. But it would depend very much on the single. If its like BIM, it wont connect with Europe most probably. If it is smth along the lines of HU, it could be the start of a magnificent revival in Europe. It could go either way and the most important thing would be the song and of course - the performance. But I don't doubt she ll kill it performance wise.

However I don't think the single let alone the album would be ready in time for ESC which is May. As we heard, Billboard has written on his social media that it was week one in the studio which means he ll be back and they are in the beginning of recording. He will probably be the main producer and I m ok with that if Ghosttown is any indication.

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

I think it'll be more than rh promo. I think she re realized during rebel heart how much she loves it  and she seems hungrier

She did a LOT of promo for her Skin products, so I expect a storm of promo for the record. It would be insane to get lazy now. 

11 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

I think lessons will be learned regarding the leaks. But it’s Guy O to tighten up security the record label only distribute the music nothing else.

Anything promotion wise is completely down to Madonna and her manager. 

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

My predictions:

She will do a Moschino campaign

Headline Coachella or Glastonbury 

I’d love her to do both but they are next year and the album will be released this year (most likely) so any album promo will be this year and tour next year, missing the them both.

I think a fashion campaign would be great.

Maybe overkill but the GP need to be reminded of how great Madonna is in excess.  Needs her useless record company to step up of course too. So as many performances, talk shows, award shows, magazine interviews as possible. The timing of the singles should be handled correctly for maximum charting impact. Here's hoping ! 

She needs to do high profile live performances.... I know it's hard work and it's expensive to put on a show just for promo, but it's the best way to get the music out there.... even if she doesn't aim at having big sales, it would be a great move to get the music heard

I’m not keen on her doing Glastonbury.....everyone will just drag her for it. Whenever someone who’s not to everyone’s taste headlines, the media go mental. It’s only inoffensive types like Beyoncé and Adele that are ever celebrated.

On 21/01/2018 at 1:04 PM, Bretticus said:

Here's what I'd love to see, but it will never happen!

• NO LEAKS PLEASE! HIDE EVERYTHING MADONNA, DON'T GIVE A COPY TO DAVID TO LISTEN TO ON THE WAY TO SOCCER PRACTICE!!!
  • No pre-orders or instant grat pre-release single on iTunes. 4 or 5 "teaser" video clips about 10-15 seconds each before a music video release of the lead single. Video on Vevo a few hours before the single is released to iTunes. Have the single, plus a remix bundle ready to go on sale, include a newly commissioned remix of one or two Madonna classics in this bundle as an "Album Only" exclusive.
  • The next day, add only the single to Spotify/Tidal/Apple Music streaming, not the remixes (add those the following week, making them iTunes exclusives for a time). Release a new exclusive remix of the single each week for the next 4 weeks to keep sales ticking along. 
  • Release some format of physical single. A 7", a CD single, a 12" vinyl, a Picture Disc, whatever, something or everything - fans are going to buy whatever is released, get stuff out there ready for us to buy and collect! A huge chunk of her fanbase now aren't massive music streamers or digital purchasers, vinyl is king again now, so give us vinyl to buy!
  • Start an online/TV/print hype campaign for the album a month before the album release. New photoshoots, maybe a high profile endorsement with the new single attached to it? Surprise TV appearances on some late night shows/music awards/Ellen/whatever. Not overkill, just a couple in the US, UK, Germany, France and finally Australia and Japan. Interviews or exclusive performances, of course perform the new single along with a Madonna classic or two.
  • When the album is ready for release, give us the whole box and dice. Follow a path similar to Kylie and her "Golden" album, have the album available in loads of formats and bundles, each with it's own exclusive. This will push sales, whilst keeping loons like me happy collecting all sorts of different things :)

That's just a few ideas which would make things fun!

+1 

6 hours ago, Confessit said:

I think lessons will be learned regarding the leaks. But it’s Guy O to tighten up security the record label only distribute the music nothing else.

Anything promotion wise is completely down to Madonna and her manager. 

I hope lessons are learned. 

It does seem that with the current set up, promotion falls to them. She could hire an independent team to promote a project though, if she so wished. It seemed like promotion wasn't a top priority for the last two albums, RH especially. I hope this one is different & I hope she takes full advantage of the Jubilee. 

On the subject of Glastonbury, I think they said they wouldn't want her there back before they started inviting Pop & Rap acts onto the main stage. It's a very different festival now to what it once was. I don't think it would hurt for her to do it if they asked. She may take a bashing from the usual Tabloids but she gets that regardless of what she does, it's like some kind of tradition. At the end of the day, things like Glastonbury, Eurovision, Chat Shows, Award Shows etc... They all keep people talking & that is promo.

One thing I do hope for is that her people come up with a creative (but not tacky) way of us helping to promote the album/tour. Because one thing I don't see is promotion from our end on the level that other fanbases do it.

WHATEVER she does, i really hope there is a team behind the promotion.

but i dont think she will be selling millions but she needs exposure so GP at least know she's still around.

1 hour ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The ultimate promo would be a complete and unexpected reinvention.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

14 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The ultimate promo would be a complete and unexpected reinvention.

This. 

I’d been hoping that M14 would be a radical departure from the stuff she’s been doing / the image she’s been projecting since Hard Candy, but I suspect it may not be the case - though it’s obviously too soon to tell. 

Madonna doesn’t have an image problem in Brazil - on the contrary. With good songs, a nod to older fans (whom HC and MDNA alienated) and enough promotion, I think Guy and co. can take her back to pre-MDNA levels of success. RH should’ve been that album, but it was completely ignored by radio - and hence the general public. 

But I wonder if the problem with US audiences runs deeper than that? I think first of all they need to figure out a way of making the US fall back in love with Madonna - or at least get the older fans back on board again. Otherwise - and I hope I’m wrong - they can promote the album till they’Re blue in the face, but it won’t work. 

Also, for her next tour she needs to get on stage on time! Such bad word of mouth and publicity after all those shows she was up to 3 hours late... it didn’t bother me in the slightest, I’d wait days if needed, but it did put a lot of people off.

43 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I still don't know why some fans are lashing out at Interscope. Their only job is to make sure the shit gets on the shelves, and nothing else. 

And yet in that department, they were useless. People complained of not seeing her album on shelves..

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

I still don't know why some fans are lashing out at Interscope. Their only job is to make sure the shit gets on the shelves, and nothing else. 

I agree. The deal is not a traditional record contract with all the perks of promoting music.

That job falls to Guy O.

The issue is without record company support Madonna is required to have a strong promo campaign through management......non-traditional promo springs to mind for MDNA !!

Its frustrating because I think all of us as fans don’t want a repeat of the way MDNA & RH were handled. But unless Guy approaches it differently I can’t see that we will get something different.

Since she left WB it’s become apparent to me just how much Madonna needed record company support for her music releases.

Edited by Confessit

They are finally using her in adverts for litefm in NYC and New Jersey area.  I was surprised... and the are using the RH pic not an 80s/90s/00s photo. Hopefully this is the beginning of a 2018 multi format campaign to gear up for new music.