MadonnaNation.com Forums
Genevieve Vavance

songs with a KILLER beat

FUNK perfection

OH!!!  You can't do without some killer beats from Bomb The Bass!!!

@Jazzy Jan   Stop trying to out-do me, Janelle!!!  :chuckle:  J/K!!

I have NO idea why I put this here.....I've always HATED this song!!!  Sorry, @Genevieve Vavance

^. :lol: 

@Genevieve Vavance. I keep picking 80's songs. ! Going to post some more modern ones for you later 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

^. :lol: 

@Genevieve Vavance. I keep picking 80's songs. ! Going to post some more modern ones for you later 

Me too!!!  Here's one for you (a modern one....one of Jan's faves)!!!

2 hours ago, Kilt said:

One of my favorite 80s songs :inlove: 

Not sure if you're into foreign music, but I was just playing this on my big home stereo and the beat in this song is sooooo good. 

This is old but I still love it.

16 hours ago, todsmod said:

Always had a passion for Hall & Oats' music!!  Ever heard the one by Simply Red (same bass line and instrumentation) as "I Can't Go For That"....but different lyrics.  I've always thought he did a good job on his version.?

Yes!!! I totally forgot about that Simply Red song! They did a great job with that sample! I've always loved Hall & Oates too.....takes me straight back to childhood for sure. They always have such great beats in their songs. They came with the hits!!  Honestly, I've never dug deep into their album tracks but their singles from Sara Smile to Rich Girl to She's Gone to You Make My Dreams to Maneater etc etc.....really all the way up to Method Of Modern Love, I love almost all the singles.....they kinda lost me after that though. Got a little too AC (although I may not turn Everything Your Heart Desires when it comes on). I feel like they lost some of that funky edge though once the late 80's rolled around. Oh and I've always loved this extended mix of Maneater......

I'm so old....I miss these basic ass, extended mixes.....I don't need all the extra shit....just a slightly altered extended mix of the original and I'm good.

12 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm so old....I miss these basic ass, extended mixes.....I don't need all the extra shit....just a slightly altered extended mix of the original and I'm good.

Same with me.  Just those extended mixes...that only emphasized the different instruments and vocals.  I absolutely HATE when a beautiful slow/mid-tempo song is remixed into some dance track that sounds nothing like the original (there may be a few that are o.k.).  

As you said w/Hall & Oats, I kind of lost track of them also after the late 80's.  Their music was always somewhat different yet funky (dance-able and singable) and such smooth vocals.

16 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

One of my favorite 80s songs :inlove: 

I'm quite bummed out the HI NRG track of early to mid 80s didn't crack the US charts, although they're very catchy and boppy.

I used to love blaring this on my large home stereo!!!

On January 21, 2018 at 12:23 PM, todsmod said:

I used to love blaring this on my large home stereo!!!

OMG that's so 90's New Age nostalgia right there. 

Remember those Pure Moods compilations? I secretly LOVED them!

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

OMG that's so 90's New Age nostalgia right there. 

Remember those Pure Moods compilations? I secretly LOVED them!

I'm almost certain I had all 4 (if that was the number) of the Pure Moods cd's.   Really liked, and still do, that soothing sound and heavy beats of some of that music.  Was calming....yet kind of sexual and sensual.  I used to always play them while laying in the pool on a raft and letting my mind wonder....take me to another place and time!  Deep Forest, Enigma, William Orbit/Beth Orton, Enya....etc. (not to mention ROL)!!!

On 21.1.2018 at 1:31 AM, ULIZOS said:

Not sure if you're into foreign music, but I was just playing this on my big home stereo and the beat in this song is sooooo good. 

yes, I am, thank you !! :inlove: love foreign music

PS: am just listening to that song, very good!! :)

also thanks to all of you girls and guys!! :smooch:

I’m sorry I’m just gonna post stuff that I’m rediscovering again 😆

Last one